PDA

View Full Version : lots of fake virused emals from shipping companies

pilottj
July 9th, 2011, 14:48
Hey folks
I've been seeing a rise in virused email attacks, mostly in the form of fake delivery notices from UPS, FedEx, DHL..etc
Anyone else being hit with these?

TJ

johnh_049
July 9th, 2011, 15:31
generally get one or 2 of them a week.
they get caught by the spam filter though.

PeteHam
July 9th, 2011, 20:23
Yeah, I got one about a month ago stating my parcel was due to arrive in a couple of days , and to click on the link to track the progress.

Didn't click or open any link.

Wasn't expecting anything and nothing turned up.

Pete.

SpitXIV
July 9th, 2011, 20:32
pilottj,

I'm getting a series of what's called uniform traffic tickets from New york???
I don't even live in the Big Apple. I also get spam from ups and fedx. I just keep
deleting them. that's about all you can do. :)

Pauke! Pauke!
July 16th, 2011, 20:10
I've been getting several a day for the last 2 weeks. I use webmail and the providers scanners catch them all. Just a damn nuisance to delete them all from the quarantine folder. :angryfir:

TARPSBird
July 17th, 2011, 02:20
Lately I've been receiving spoof e-mails supposedly from Western Union and PayPal. They're always the standard "please update your account information..." or "we have detected some unauthorized activity on your account..." with a link to click on. I just delete 'em. The PayPal spoofs seem to come along after I do a PayPal transaction, which may or not be coincidental, but I've never had any problems with my account.

stansdds
July 17th, 2011, 03:36
Nope, but I was recently contacted by a representative of a Nigerian prince.

airtj
July 18th, 2011, 07:06
I've used this add on in the past to make sure that emails sent are from a true company.

http://www.iconix.com/downloadinstall.php