PDA

View Full Version : New updated Clemenceau V2.10......

hae5904
July 9th, 2011, 03:16
Gents/Gals....

Sylvain has released a new updated version of his magnificent Clemenceau R98 version 2.10 !!

Merci Sylvain :jump:

Cheers,
Hank

Erdinger
July 9th, 2011, 03:47
Gents/Gals....

Sylvain has released a new updated version of his magnificent Clemenceau R98 version 2.10 !!

Merci Sylvain :jump:

Cheers,
Hank

Canīt find it. Do you know where can it be downloaded from?.

Thanks.

hae5904
July 9th, 2011, 03:57
Canīt find it. Do you know where can it be downloaded from?.

Thanks.

Certainly! Here is the link: It is on top of the page

http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/FSX_Creations.htm

The mirror is now more visible from a distance, making landing a slightly more comfortable :icon_lol:

Hank

Erdinger
July 9th, 2011, 04:05
Certainly! Here is the link: It is on top of the page

http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/FSX_Creations.htm

The mirror is now more visible from a distance, making landing a slightly more comfortable :icon_lol:

Hank

Many thanks

fliger747
July 10th, 2011, 14:47
I though the last time the French had a Royal Navy was about the time King Louis lost his head in Paree?

Nice site and ships! T

sparouty
July 11th, 2011, 09:34
I though the last time the French had a Royal Navy was about the time King Louis lost his head in Paree?

You're right, but as tradition is one of the most important thing in the Navy (and not only the French one) the nickname "la Royale", standing now for "la Marine Nationale", has been kept over the years...

As Hank said previously, this minor version of Clemenceau circa 1995 have a mirror improved. This should be the last version before I release a final and major version of my Clemenceau Class models with Foch and Clemenceau circa 1975...

Regards,
Sylvain

hae5904
July 11th, 2011, 11:37
This should be the last version before I release a final and major version of my Clemenceau Class models with Foch and Clemenceau circa 1975...

Regards,
Sylvain

I can hardly wait!! Awesome work Sylvain.

Salut, :salute:
Hank

jagl04
July 11th, 2011, 12:33
You're right, but as tradition is one of the most important thing in the Navy (and not only the French one) the nickname "la Royale", standing now for "la Marine Nationale", has been kept over the years...

As Hank said previously, this minor version of Clemenceau circa 1995 have a mirror improved. This should be the last version before I release a final and major version of my Clemenceau Class models with Foch and Clemenceau circa 1975...

Regards,
Sylvain

Was it possible to improve the Clemenceau? It was previuosly great.

crashaz
July 11th, 2011, 13:24
Nice work!!:salute:

sparouty
July 11th, 2011, 13:54
Hi!
Thank you guys!
Yes Clemenceau may be improved...
The 2.08 to 2.10 versions were more like patches releases: crash detection issues, low visibility mirror, etc...

The 1975's version will included real enhancement with baked textures. It's something that I wanted to do for months (as Javier Fernandez adviced me to try it a long time ago), but I never had time to test it...
It took me days because I had to re-do most of the mapping, but I think that the result will worth it: to my opinion baked shadows improves ship painting a lot!

Regards,
Sylvain

TARPSBird
July 11th, 2011, 23:31
Sylvain,
The new Clem version is great. Just one question. The readme said the cat officers (shooters) are animated and lower their green flags to the deck for launch. I have Advanced Animations checked in FSX and the animation is not working. Blast deflectors, controller's station, and shuttle animations all work fine. Does it have to be an afterburner-equipped plane?

hae5904
July 12th, 2011, 04:43
Sylvain,
The new Clem version is great. Just one question. The readme said the cat officers (shooters) are animated and lower their green flags to the deck for launch. I have Advanced Animations checked in FSX and the animation is not working. Blast deflectors, controller's station, and shuttle animations all work fine. Does it have to be an afterburner-equipped plane?

TARPSBird, for the animations you need to use either the Etendard IVM package or the Restauravia CM175 Zephyre! Instead of Shift-I you'll launch the aforementioned planes with the brake command. This different launch technique makes the catapult end speed more realistic . :icon_lol:

Hank

peter12213
July 12th, 2011, 12:07
Many thanks this is awesome!

TARPSBird
July 12th, 2011, 14:44
TARPSBird, for the animations you need to use either the Etendard IVM package or the Restauravia CM175 Zephyre! Instead of Shift-I you'll launch the aforementioned planes with the brake command. This different launch technique makes the catapult end speed more realistic . :icon_lol:
Hank
Hank, thanks for the response. I'll try the Zephyr and see what happens. :salute:

Update: Launched with the Zephyr using the brake command and the cat officer animation worked fine. That is a really neat feature, definitely kicks up the fun level. And the Zephyr goes off the deck at a reasonable launch speed, not 250+ kts.

hae5904
July 13th, 2011, 08:10
Glad you got it working TAPSBird!! Better try the Etendard package.....that's truly awesome!

Cheers,
Hank

TARPSBird
July 13th, 2011, 10:55
Downloading the Etendard while I'm typing this. :)

delta_lima
July 13th, 2011, 11:10
Well done for persevering with the carrier landings. It was only a few weeks back you were having issues with the A-1 Skyraider, now you're onto jets .... bravo!

The Etendard lands faster than the Zephyr, and there's a lot more going on system-wise. But fly the numbers and you'll enjoy it immensely. To say nothing of how lovely she is ...

cheers,

dl

TARPSBird
July 13th, 2011, 13:52
The Zephyr and Dino's T-45C I can handle, the default MS Hornet is too much for me. The thing flies like a bat outta hell and I'm immediately "behind the airplane" as the F-14 guys used to say, either too fast or too slow or too high or too low. I seem to recall from the carrier threads a few weeks back that somebody tweaked the aircraft to make it a bit more user-friendly. If anybody has a link to that fix pls post it, I'd like to check it out. :)

fsafranek
July 14th, 2011, 08:52
Hi!
Thank you guys!
Yes Clemenceau may be improved...
The 2.08 to 2.10 versions were more like patches releases: crash detection issues, low visibility mirror, etc...

The 1975's version will included real enhancement with baked textures. It's something that I wanted to do for months (as Javier Fernandez adviced me to try it a long time ago), but I never had time to test it...
It took me days because I had to re-do most of the mapping, but I think that the result will worth it: to my opinion baked shadows improves ship painting a lot!

Regards,
Sylvain
Hi Sylvain,

I like the more visible fresnel lens. It makes it easier for the initial lineup.

Not to hijack this thread but your list of future improvments has me wondering about the use of baked shadows. I can see using those in a closed environment like a room with a ceiling where the shadows are essentially "fixed" in place. But would that still work for external views like a ship where the angle of the shadow can change with the season, time of day, and orientation of the ship? This is probably not the place to ask but I'm curious and always interested in new ideas.
:ernae:

sparouty
July 14th, 2011, 10:07
Hi Sylvain,

I like the more visible fresnel lens. It makes it easier for the initial lineup.

Not to hijack this thread but your list of future improvments has me wondering about the use of baked shadows. I can see using those in a closed environment like a room with a ceiling where the shadows are essentially "fixed" in place. But would that still work for external views like a ship where the angle of the shadow can change with the season, time of day, and orientation of the ship? This is probably not the place to ask but I'm curious and always interested in new ideas.
:ernae:

Hi Frank,
Just a quick answer to talk about the 3rd version of Clemenceau class carrier I'm working on.
Baked textures in something difficult to show because the result is so natural that you don't notice it specificly: in my case, it's not big and deep shadows but small and light ones that make all the 3D details more visible.
The best exemple of baked textures is Javier's Nimitz: his textures are beautiful, the airplanes on the flightdeck and the island look so real!!

Here is a screenshot of my current work, look at the Crusader, the shadows under the wing or on the deck give a very nice touch of realism... It is a amount of very local and small details but the global result is, to my own point of view, really much more realistic...To my own point of view (once again), Javier's Nimitz is so amazing mainly (but not only of course) thanks to her brillant sets of baked textures

Regards,
Sylvain

lazarus
July 14th, 2011, 11:40
Still one of the most amazing carrier addons in FSX, and She gets better all the time...ya know... some USN paint on the 'Saders...squint a little... She looks a bit like a SCB27C Essex; which I beleive was studied throughly in the design phase for Clemenceau and Foch.

delta_lima
July 14th, 2011, 12:09
Sylvain,

The dev shots look superb - yes, I agree, the shadows look a bit fair bit more convincing - though I agree with an earlier poster and find it hard to imagine yet more improvements to this lovely boat. I thought you were merely doing a back-date of the paint and systems. If this works out - it'll be an even more amazing work of art. Looking forward to however it unfolds. She'll be a very worthy home to that special bird I know you've been thinking about ... :)

Still one of the most amazing carrier addons in FSX, and She gets better all the time...ya know... some USN paint on the 'Saders...squint a little... She looks a bit like a SCB27C Essex; which I beleive was studied throughly in the design phase for Clemenceau and Foch.

Please don't tease ... that's just mean ... don't even say it ... :)

With no Cold-War USN boats imminent, I have had the same thought over and over. The purists would cry anathema, but I'd be on that like white on rice ... even with the tricycled-gear A-1 Skyraiders .... :)

No, it's not a SCB27C, no one needs to point the myriad differences - but could it serve as a standin - absolutely - better so than anything currenly available to simulate USN carrier ops in the 60's (moving carriers that is, I've heard some people got the static FS9 CVN-69 to work in FSX, but that's not what we're talking about).

If RFN is ok with it, and you emulate the USN carrier paint as well as you nailed the the RCN carrier pack - it will be a hit.

cheers,

dl

ps: speaking of the Enterprise, I'm going to assume someone else has already considered - but found not possible - to go from .bgl to .mdl, right? Otherwise, that could be another way to get that boat moving in FSX ... but I'm guessing not do-able ...

fsafranek
July 14th, 2011, 16:10
Hi Frank,
Just a quick answer to talk about the 3rd version of Clemenceau class carrier I'm working on.
Baked textures in something difficult to show because the result is so natural that you don't notice it specificly: in my case, it's not big and deep shadows but small and light ones that make all the 3D details more visible.
The best exemple of baked textures is Javier's Nimitz: his textures are beautiful, the airplanes on the flightdeck and the island look so real!!

Here is a screenshot of my current work, look at the Crusader, the shadows under the wing or on the deck give a very nice touch of realism... It is a amount of very local and small details but the global result is, to my own point of view, really much more realistic...To my own point of view (once again), Javier's Nimitz is so amazing mainly (but not only of course) thanks to her brillant sets of baked textures

Regards,
Sylvain
Yes I see now. I was thinking it was something completely new but it has been done from time to time in the past with varying levels of success. We'll have to chat about this more. :salute:

sparouty
July 15th, 2011, 01:49
Yes I see now. I was thinking it was something completely new but it has been done from time to time in the past with varying levels of success. We'll have to chat about this more. :salute:Yes you're right. "baking texture" is just a 3D feature the final result depends on designer's choices...Personnaly I use skylight as light source in 3DS : it avoids issues due to too directional effects.Last a ship is a better candidate for baking than any airplane : no pitching or rolling which prevent from some shadow issues... :) Regards Sylvain

expat
July 18th, 2011, 02:17
No, it's not a SCB27C, no one needs to point the myriad differences - but could it serve as a standin - absolutely - better so than anything currenly available to simulate USN carrier ops in the 60's (moving carriers that is, I've heard some people got the static FS9 CVN-69 to work in FSX, but that's not what we're talking about).

If RFN is ok with it, and you emulate the USN carrier paint as well as you nailed the the RCN carrier pack - it will be a hit.

Had the same thought some time ago. It should not be blasphemy in the circumstances in the absence of any other Cold War cv's and when one concedes the non-accurate planes we all land on the Nimitz boats without much further thought about it. I had a look then but could not figure out which textures for the Clem to repaint.

lazarus
July 18th, 2011, 02:37
Hmm. Great minds think alike; and small ones seldom differ. I was nosing about le Clem in FS repaint just a few minutes ago to see how it could be done. She's next on the stocks after the project thats on the burner now. I'd just come in to post a couple of screens after the FIGS. shot from quals aboard Clem a few weeks back...

mjrhealth
July 18th, 2011, 03:40
Now all we need is the ball lights on the Nimitz fixed, i mean you really notice them when you are landing now, all the way from the turn to the deck, Maybe the nimitz people can have a look at theres. Still cant see the clemncau on tacan though, tired 111. 112 and 113 no show. might be the plane??

sparouty
July 18th, 2011, 10:52
... Still cant see the clemncau on tacan though, tired 111. 112 and 113 no show. might be the plane??

Yes it depend on your plane: Carrier TACAN is not a feature of the ship but a facility of the plane you're flying with.

To make things a little more complex even among equiped planes, you may do not have the same frequency chart:
- Neutrino who's the TACAN's guruu had coded F18 and T45's TACAN with 111, 112 and 113 respectively for Acceleration's Nimitz, J.Fernandez's Nimitz and Clemenceau.

- Myself, I coded for EtendardIVM/P and Zephyr, a small gauge to manage frequencies through a xml file. It allows to handle much more carriers (no limit) with frequency of your choice. Last I add also to this gauge, capacity to manage some specific shore TACAN/ILS beacons (defined with fixed geographic coords and independant from FSX navaids ) which is nice for FLCP operation and LSO voice for instance...

Unfortunately, Neutrino and I don't use the same frequency plan and I'm not sure that Neutrino is interested in using my gauge to parse the carrier xml file...

Regards,

Sylvain

mjrhealth
July 18th, 2011, 11:43
I did try the zephyr but using those frequencies it didnt see the clemencau. Must have missed something, thanks for he good work,

hae5904
July 18th, 2011, 12:07
Try 110.00 !! With the Etendard I use that freq constantly...:salute:

Hank

sparouty
July 18th, 2011, 12:42
I did try the zephyr but using those frequencies it didnt see the clemencau. Must have missed something, thanks for he good work,

Hi!
Did you turn on the Tacan switch ? It's item #44 on the manual (page 7) and then Tacan data are shown up in blue on gyro-compass (#17)
Regards,
Sylvain