PDA

View Full Version : Belgian F-16 demo.

Mithrin
July 8th, 2011, 16:00
Well I went to Koksijde AB last Thursday together with my dad and bro. I really enjoyed the Belgian F-16 demo. Pretty dramatic clouds which I think made for a great backdrop!

Does any of you know or can you check if there's a (re)paint for this. I don't even have any of the vipers installed atm but I'd like to get to fly this one.

Make sure to watch in HD with the sound on! ;D

Oh wth can't get the youtube to work. Nevermind it does it on it's own it seems! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPuQ4Dc5Bhg

falcon409
July 8th, 2011, 16:36
One of the things I miss about not being at Carswell AFB any more is that at least once a week Lockheed-Martin would roll out an airplane and the test pilot would take it up right over the north end of the rwy, over Lake Worth and wring it out for about 15/20 minutes. His Demo Flight looked very much like what you see in the video, minus the "flares" of course. I could just step outside the Shop and get a ring-side seat for the performance.

Thanks for posting, great memories.:salute:

Ferry_vO
July 8th, 2011, 20:20
I have that paint for the Aerosoft F-16 model; don't know who made it but I think it was posted at Avsim or Flightsim.com.

Mithrin
July 10th, 2011, 12:13
Ed, glad you enjoyed it. I never grow tired of the F-16 for some reason. :)

Ferry, thanks I'll do a search!

Here's a compilation of the airshow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVrX7BXeHI4

Ferry_vO
July 10th, 2011, 13:05
Great video, thanks for posting!

I'm still incredibly p***** off that the Show at Leeuwarden was moved by three months to September!
They mentioned trying to get the Thunderbirds to that show last year so I was really looking forward to that, but because some peasants in some s***hole complained about the noise interferring with their county fairs they had to move the show all the way to September, so we will have to do with the T-birds.. Too bad going to Coxyde wasn't an option..

Mithrin
July 10th, 2011, 16:25
Yeah I'm not going this year. Leeuwarden is the only base that I don't go to anymore (unless some real rare planes are in the line up). I hate the parking there and it's a long drive. The main reason for me to go to Koksijde this year were the Thunderbirds. Unfortunately they had to cut their show short because of the weather. It sucked. The Swiss F-18 demo flew right before them in perfect weather...I wish they had swapped places. I've seen that same old demo a hundred times...and not a fan of the F-18 anyway. They should change their display lol. ;)

Thanks for watching!

peter12213
July 10th, 2011, 17:01
Maybe if they used those aircraft more, they might not paint them so brightly?

Rich
July 10th, 2011, 17:23
Would you care to elaborate ???????