PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim B-52 in FSX Acceleration

Arkycharlie
December 9th, 2008, 08:46
Having been unable to find a freeware B-52 with a VC for FSX Acceleration, and on the advice of a poster in another forum that the Alphasim B-52 for FS2004 works fine in FSX, I bought the Alphasim aircraft. The panel in the G model is not too bad, with small slivers on the right and left sides of the main panel that are transparent. However, the VC in the H model is unusable with large transparent sections of the main panel and gauges floating in mid air. I've tried a little tweaking of the VC texture files with no success. Can anyone suggest a possible solution to at least make things tolerable in the H model?

Thanks for any advice!

charlie

Pepere
December 9th, 2008, 10:50
CS is coming out with one http://www.captainsim.com/products/b520/ but that could be years away:icon_lol:

David

Mickey D
December 9th, 2008, 11:31
Having been unable to find a freeware B-52 with a VC for FSX Acceleration, and on the advice of a poster in another forum that the Alphasim B-52 for FS2004 works fine in FSX, I bought the Alphasim aircraft. The panel in the G model is not too bad, with small slivers on the right and left sides of the main panel that are transparent. However, the VC in the H model is unusable with large transparent sections of the main panel and gauges floating in mid air. I've tried a little tweaking of the VC texture files with no success. Can anyone suggest a possible solution to at least make things tolerable in the H model?

Thanks for any advice!

charlie

Try putting out a call to AS-Quid21 as he is the B-52 dev and may be able to help.

Arkycharlie
December 9th, 2008, 11:59
MD, thanks for the suggestion! Is he with Alphasim?

charlie

Mickey D
December 10th, 2008, 04:20
MD, thanks for the suggestion! Is he with Alphasim?

charlie

He still has a foot in the camp AFAIK.

Arkycharlie
December 11th, 2008, 13:32
There was a very easy, and very obvious, fix for this issue. Open the panel.cfg file and in vcockpit01 and vcockpit02, change the background color from 0,0,0 (which is transparent) to 16,16,16, which is something near black.

deimos256
December 11th, 2008, 13:47
CS is coming out with one http://www.captainsim.com/products/b520/ but that could be years away:icon_lol:

David

and could cost serious money

Railrunner130
December 11th, 2008, 14:07
While I haven't tried flying it, you might want to give this one a shot. It works well as AI and has a number of good models.

http://www.flightinfo.jp/FS_KBT/yanco.htm

shess57
January 11th, 2010, 07:34
I have created the missing VC panels and fixed the smoke positions for the Alphasim B-52 in FSX. To download the patch do a search for Steve's Flight Simulator Stuff

centuryseries
January 11th, 2010, 10:03
Hi Guys,

I think changing those values to 16,16,16 would create more problems due to the method (if you can call it that) that I used to place the gauges....

Unfortunately these models are now very long in the tooth and an update would likely be a total rebuild from the ground up using the FSX compiler.

Obviously we cannot support a model that was built before we knew anything about FSX.

But someone out there must've had some success in modding it.

I've got to get back to my current project which is infinately smaller in size :ernae:

Best regards,

David (AKA a few years back AS-Quid21)