PDA

View Full Version : CFS2 and VISTA

Skyblazer100
October 2nd, 2008, 04:21
I am sure that this has been addressed before but with most posts gone I cannot find any information.
As things are I may want to upgrade to a new computer soon with more graphic card power, RAM etc. If I recall correctly some members here have advised against using CFS2 on VISTA. What I do not get is that an MS program would possibly not run properly on an MS OS. These days it is almost impossible to find a ready-made computer rig without VISTA pre-installed. What would you suggest: try my luck first and switch to XP later if I have to, or go to a small computer shop and have one custom-built with XP Professional installed while it is still available? I would hate to give up on CFS2.
Thanks for your advise!

rhumbaflappy
October 2nd, 2008, 04:29
The problem is with Vista's file handling defaults and security.

Primarily, do not install CFS2 to "C:Program Files". Make a new root folder ( "C:Games" ) and put it there. You may also need administrative rights to play the game???

Dick

wolfi
October 2nd, 2008, 05:56
I had no problem´s running CFS2 with VISTA 32 and VISTA 64 also, -I use both vista 32/64 and Win Xp on a multiboot system. Vista need a lot of space on your harddrive ( I sugest 25 to 35 GB for drive c)

-FSDS2.4 doesn´t unfortunatly work with VISTA 64, but that´s the only problem I have. -I allway´s installed CFS2 on´it´s own partition.

I just saw, that´s post number one again:d

wolfi

Buddha13
October 2nd, 2008, 11:14
Hi all,
I am running CFS2 on 2 machines.One with Vista Home Premium and the other with VISTA Ultimate.Not had a problem with either.But would suggest you turn of the UAC.It is immensely irritating.

Buddha13

Jagdflieger
October 2nd, 2008, 13:01
I just bought a lap top with Vista. I tried to get XP, but I was too late and they were all gone.

What is UAC and how do you turn it off?

Buddha13
October 2nd, 2008, 15:13
Hi Jagd,
The UAC is the irritating thing that keeps happening when you try to do things like copying files.You know Vista keeps asking you do you want to move such a file repeatedly.
Go to Control Panel/Security/Other Security Settings and turn it off there.
If you want to save more resources you can turn off the sidebar and Aero as well.
Sidebar controls are in Control Panel
Aero is controlled from Control Panel/Personalization/Window Colour and Apperance.Just untick the transparency box.
I can also recommend TweakVI.A very clear,free and easy to use tweaking program.Bit like Tweak UI from microsofts powertoys.
Get it here,
http://www.totalidea.com/product.php?Product=TweakVI
There is also a more advanced payware version.

Buddha13