PDA

View Full Version : FSDS 5 blade turbine prop

holdzy19
July 5th, 2011, 21:13
Hey everyone, i'm currently making my first fs aircraft. I'm attempting to create an Air Tractor At-602. I need a little bit of help, would any one know where i can get a 5 bladed propeller for a turbine?
Cheers
Andrew

warchild
July 5th, 2011, 21:29
I'm no expert, but my guess would be that you'll have to make it. I know that may sound like a daunting task, but props can teach a lot about working in 3D. Its worth the effort..

holdzy19
July 5th, 2011, 21:35
thanks for your response mate:ernae:, i've only had fsds for 3 days, i'm always lookin at the help thing all the time lol. Would you have any tips on making a prop?

Tako_Kichi
July 5th, 2011, 22:08
You could try looking at this video showing how to make a low poly prop in GMAX and then adapt the info for FSDS.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gibbage1#p/u/12/5Qv-jRK3IW0

holdzy19
July 5th, 2011, 22:23
Righto, thanks. I found a pack that brian gladden made, i used the exausts pipes for a turbine and i noticed in that pack there was a two bladed prop and a 3 bladed prop. There would have to be a pack out some where with a 5 blader. Thanks for your assistance, much apprieciated.
Andrew

joanvalley
July 6th, 2011, 10:51
Righto, thanks. I found a pack that brian gladden made, i used the exausts pipes for a turbine and i noticed in that pack there was a two bladed prop and a 3 bladed prop. There would have to be a pack out some where with a 5 blader. Thanks for your assistance, much apprieciated.
Andrew

Andrew, if you have just one prop and the spinner (not difficult to model) you can have as many blades as you want. Just place the one blade vertically in the position you want in the X, Y, and Z, the X and Y axis must be on the center of the spinner and then copy and paste the blade and rotate to the desired number of blades, copying and rotating. E.G. : for a five blade you will rotate 72 degrees each copied blade until you have 5 blades in 360 degrees all spaced exactly the same.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/joanvalley/blades.jpg

Jose.

holdzy19
July 6th, 2011, 17:28
Do you actually have have that 5 blade at the end, but i have put off the air tractor for a while, i have nearly finished a snow s2d, and i'm lucky, i already have a prop to fit that. yeah i watched that vid on youtube but as it is i dont really know all the buttons in fsds. Thanks for your contribution to my prob :)

Andrew