PDA

View Full Version : General Request for Assistance

falcon409
July 5th, 2011, 18:27
I have attached three text files generated via "Sandra_Lite" for my Motherboard, CPU and Computer. Can someone knowledgeable take a look at those and tell me where the shortcomings are and if the CPU can be overclocked safely. Thanks!

Butcherbird17
July 5th, 2011, 19:31
Falcon, can you d/l CPUZ's and run it then post the type motherboard you have.
(manufacturer and chipset) I did a search on your system (Lenovo IdeaCentre K300)
but none of the places i checked had any info on it.

Edit: Just found the chipset type G43. Need to know if its the right one though.

Joe

falcon409
July 5th, 2011, 20:00
Rog, thanks! Actually that info is contained in the txt files I uploaded, but here ya go and a few extra:

Butcherbird17
July 5th, 2011, 20:24
Yeah i took a look at the text files but none have the Model number, and looking at the screenshots of cpuz its says the same thing: To be filled by O.E.M.:isadizzy:
The cpu can be overclocked (some have reached 4.1, 4.2 ghz) with a good cooler on it and not going over 1.4v. The only thing i could tell you is to go into your BIOS and see if there is anything in there that will let you change (cpu speed, memory timings and voltage) if so then you can overclock.

Joe

falcon409
July 5th, 2011, 21:48
Yeah i took a look at the text files but none have the Model number, and looking at the screenshots of cpuz its says the same thing: To be filled by O.E.M.:isadizzy:
The cpu can be overclocked (some have reached 4.1, 4.2 ghz) with a good cooler on it and not going over 1.4v. The only thing i could tell you is to go into your BIOS and see if there is anything in there that will let you change (cpu speed, memory timings and voltage) if so then you can overclock.

Joe
None of that is available. Oh well!!