PDA

View Full Version : Help Trying ToSet UP MR Airfields Useing GSL?

casey jones
July 4th, 2011, 08:49
I am trying to set up MR's Air Bases what is GSL? and where do I install it?

Thank You All

Casey

Jagdflieger
July 4th, 2011, 13:11
GSL = Global Scenery Layer

GSL is valuable in that it allows scenery designers to install destroyable buildings and objects to their airfields. This is much more frame rate friendly than installing the buildings through the .mis file for the mission.

The GSL folder is located in the root CFS 2 folder. In a stock installation, it contains just the cfs2.gsl file. It covers only the stock CFS 2 airbases.

With the addition of MR's, Achim's, Xavier's or others' GSL scenery, you copy and paste the normally included "GSLMan" program as well as the included .gsl files into the CFS 2>GSL Folder.

Once the new files are in the GSL folder, activate the GSLMan program, highlight the new .gsl file and click on "Add." I leave the GSLMan program in the folder for future use. You will find it and the actual .gsl files in the downloaded airfield files in a folder called GSL or something to that effect.

Some files are large and can take a little while to install. Once completed, you'll get a little window advising you of the completion and how many files were added. Close it and then exit from the GSLMan program.

Your new GSL scenery will be installed as a permenent part of your CFS 2. I also keep all the previous .gsl files as well as the original cfs2.gsl file in a folder within the GSL folder for future use and for a record of what has been installed.

Here is what it looks like in the GSL folder:

Shadow Wolf 07
July 5th, 2011, 04:14
Jagd mentioned it, but it is important to make a backup of your original cfs2.gsl before you modify it.