PDA

View Full Version : PAD MU-2 Marquise Question

falcon409
July 4th, 2011, 08:01
I recently revived the MU-2 Marquise and decided to do a HD livery for the occasion. I noticed though that the idle is set too high. If I release the brakes with prop pitch at 100% it will eventually reach speeds around 40kts. If I try to adjust the prop pitch to control the speed it doesn't work as there is a point at which the prop pitch either attains 100% or 0. . . .there is no in between. Has anyone else noticed this and if so, do you have any suggestions on how to reduce the idle without messing up other aspects of the engine performance?

Tako_Kichi
July 4th, 2011, 09:16
It's a common problem in turbo-props in FS.

The usual way to cure it if there is a 'conditioner' lever in the VC or on a pop-up panel is to pull back on the lever thereby reducing fuel flow and thus lowering RPM on the props. Don't pull it back too far though otherwise you will starve the engine.

If no conditioner lever is present (not all tp's have them fitted) then you can 'fake' it if you have the FS mixture axis assigned to an axis on your flight controls. Adjusting the mixture in FS has the same effect as the conditioner level.

I'm pretty sure the mixture keys will do the same job too but it's been so long since I used them I can't remember anymore.

Oh and don't forget to move the lever fully forward before take-off otherwise you may end up with a very loooong take-off run! :icon_lol:

falcon409
July 4th, 2011, 09:55
Excellent Larry, I'll give that a try!!:salute:

Daube
July 4th, 2011, 10:24
Ah Falcon I'm really glad you decided to put your hands on this Marquise. I have downloaded the model some months ago but never really flown it. I'm curious to see what you'll manage to do with that bird.

expat
July 5th, 2011, 01:08
I'm curious to see what you'll manage to do with that bird.

Ditto here. Ed, your HD work looks good. Are you giving the VC textures the treatment as well? PAD MU-2 is a engaging and fun bird to fly in and out of smaller airports and is also a pretty fast mover.

falcon409
July 5th, 2011, 05:00
Ditto here. Ed, your HD work looks good. Are you giving the VC textures the treatment as well? PAD MU-2 is a engaging and fun bird to fly in and out of smaller airports and is also a pretty fast mover.
I had already done a revision on the panel textures. I think those went to PAD to be added as a separate download a long time ago. . . . .but if not I'll add those as well. Yes, I am doing revised interior artwork as well.:salute: