PDA

View Full Version : Bull Stearman by Douglas Kallen

OleBoy
July 4th, 2011, 07:08
I'm curious if anyone has done any tweaking to this aircraft that better suits the performance or visual display in FSX? I had it installed in my other machine, but forgot about it until just recently. I remember there were a few issues, although very tolerable.

I'm considering converting the files from .BMP to .DDS/32bit, but not sure of what to leave alone, or necessarily change. I'm hoping for some feedback before my attempt.

Also, does anyone know of availability of paint templates for it?

OleBoy
July 4th, 2011, 13:34
Please, please. One at a time folks. You're overwhelming me with info!! My eyes are getting tired of reading! :icon_lol: Lots of drive-bys :bump:

Roger
July 4th, 2011, 13:40
I tried it in FsX but it is a pure Fs9 model. It used techniques to pass the max polygon limit (as was!) but only works well in Fs9. In FsX my frame rates were very low so it didn't stay. However in Fs9 it is a tour de force.

OleBoy
July 4th, 2011, 14:14
As it was, I was highly tempted to reinstall FS9 just for this one. Others would surely follow of course, and that would lead to things I do not need to be doing. FSX is here to rule the roost. No going back for me!

In FSX, the only real issues (it is installed) I see are two abnormal squares on the glass at my front, and several other smaller ones within the panel and control areas. Aside from that, no troubles with frame rates or anything. I was merely hoping that someone may have found a fix for the for the abnormal areas

Thanks for the response Roger.

Daube
July 5th, 2011, 00:13
I tried this plane when it appeared in the library, but the FPS impact was so unbearable that I quickly removed it from my hangar, without even trying to fix the panel issues. Although the 3D model is absolutely fantastic, I don't really like that plane (in real life, I mean), I prefer the older variants.