PDA

View Full Version : Some Hot Summer Music for the Holiday!

Pauke! Pauke!
July 3rd, 2011, 11:51
Here are some classics I grew up with!
:jump::mixedsmi::jump::mixedsmi::jump:

4xrhcQcAJSI

zc9wIzi96_E

eLdv4a3AVIY

1fAPEUWowEc

PN_YjM4V4fc

BADZW9tZ1uc

wpP7tWXjcnc

OTXQkN_BrKI

VX2_HahKoe4

ZIU0RMV_II8

P1cALNI8h_4

TARPSBird
July 3rd, 2011, 12:38
Billy Stewart's "Summertime" and the Lovin' Spoonful's "Summer in the City" both came out in the summer of '66 when I was in Navy boot camp. Good and bad memories mixed together. :icon_lol:

Pauke! Pauke!
July 4th, 2011, 09:32
TARPSbird: I will assume your Navy Boot Camp was at the Great Lakes facility near Chicago. If so, I can see why "Summer in the City" could have some meaning. In 1966 I was in High School. I was spending many summer days at Hermosa Beach in California listening to Top 40 hits broadcasted from KHJ and KRLA on a scratchy transister radio. A typical adolesent kid trying to appear cool to his peers but wanting to stay out of trouble. Many nights a group of us would be cruising in someone's car listening to the radio and trying to find Wolfman Jack on the dial. I remember some running water balloon battles we had with other kids doing the same thing as we were. Some good times and innocent fun. The corruption of my morals would not occur until the late 1960's and 70's. How I survived is a wonder.

:running::running::running::running:

XE2fnYpwrng

CdvITn5cAVc&NR

nrhf_zgtmAg

VvD0_aeAf2E

dN3GbF9Bx6E

8-0upHlWfQ4

Naismith
July 4th, 2011, 10:34
All these wonderful links have two things in common, can you guess what it is?

MELODY and ORIGINALITY

Something sadly lacking in present day popular music.

Pauke! Pauke!
July 4th, 2011, 17:11
Maybe just a few more...LOL

pHjq4venrCM

irQJZJCa6bg

UNuw3X_nvpA

4_I4ylzbrTE

SqVFLz53fiA

4N3iVHxP8FQ

KF0gsbQKhD8

tXkblbJqwn0

xFudBQcplj4

mPLfDBcu_U0

_JQMvidVo5Y

TARPSBird
July 4th, 2011, 18:26
TARPSbird: I will assume your Navy Boot Camp was at the Great Lakes facility near Chicago.
I was in a Naval Air Reserve recruit program. We were at Great Lakes for rifle range, fire fighting school, and NBC warfare training. The rest of our boot camp (followed by aviation fundamentals training) was at Glenview Naval Air Station. It was the real deal, three months worth, not a two-week quickie boot camp that the Reserves were known for back then. As for Great Lakes, better to be there in the summer than in the winter. No snow shoveling details! :icon_lol: