PDA

View Full Version : Dominique, it was tres magnifique!

Cazzie
July 2nd, 2011, 10:40
What a way to open the Tour de France, forget the Prologue.

I got the NBC Sports Total Access and watched the entire stage live this morning (EDT). It was even better than last year, much higher quality HD signal and picture, unreal good. Beautiful helicopter views of old chapeaus and eglises. At one time they even flew the helicopter low on the river and flew up the river for maybe a mile or so, it was just incredible coverage. No commercials, no pans of talking heads, just Phil and Paul calling the race. If one is a cycle racing enthusiast, this program is well worth the $29.95US one has to pay for it. I feel like I just started a long holiday.

Team Time Trial in the morning, I cannot wait. The mountains are 10 days away, so the sprinters will have a field day the first half of the tour. The second half of the tour will be a torture to them. :icon_lol:

Caz

paiken
July 2nd, 2011, 11:56
Not to pick nits...but a chapeau is a hat; a chateau is a mansion.

Daveroo
July 2nd, 2011, 13:32

and in california a "WeeChateau" is a porta potty.....

on another note...one of these days..the amgen tour of california will be as big as the franc one....149 bike passed my house during this years race...was awesome to see that many bikes in a such a small group/space

OBIO
July 2nd, 2011, 13:58

Yes....there are a lot of old hats in France. It was nice to see them in High Definition.

OBIO

Cazzie
July 3rd, 2011, 06:02
Thanks paiken, at least you guys know I don't use Babelfish and copy and paste! :icon_lol:

But you are correct and I know that, slip of the neurons, brain fart.

Caz