PDA

View Full Version : Freeware FSX panel editor

OBIO
July 1st, 2011, 20:00
Is there one? Have a panel or two I would like to tweak in FSX.

OBIO

falcon409
July 1st, 2011, 20:22
Obio, there have been a few (for FS9 work way back), but the only program that really does it all is FSPanel Studio. There is a demo version, but I don't know the limitations to the demo. Might give that a shot tho.

Rich
July 1st, 2011, 20:24
Obio, not that I know of I use the Payware Panel Studio and very usefull it is

OBIO
July 1st, 2011, 20:44
I have FS Panel Studio, but the older version. My key is too old for an upgrade, so I would have to buy a new license...and really can't shell out $30 for an upgrade on FSPS just to tweak a few FSX panels....I won't be flying FSX enough to justify the expenditure. I was able to do a copy and paste from the stock C208 to give add the GPS500 system to a couple planes that were using the GPS295 system.

OBIO

Tako_Kichi
July 1st, 2011, 20:48
One thing to bear in mind with FSX aircraft is that in many cases the gauges are physically modelled into the VC and cannot be altered. Having said that a lot of the port-overs and 'FSX compatible' models still use the FS9 style gauges as do many true FSX aircraft built by the freeware community.

Wozza
July 1st, 2011, 23:14
Hi
You can use cfgedit...its very old and wont suport fsx/fs9 style gauges(xml dll) but. it can be used for making the placement of gauges easier than note pad :)
http://simviation.com/1/browse-Panel+Design-101-0
the program is the very first ver of panel studio which was free...
Wozza

fsafranek
July 2nd, 2011, 15:02
Hi
... it can be used for making the placement of gauges easier than note pad :)
Wozza
:icon_lol: I was going to say a free editor that supports FSX would be Notepad.
I actually use it a lot.
:ernae:

mmann
July 2nd, 2011, 15:26
I actually use it a lot.

You bet! Notepad is the only panel editor I use now.:applause:

Regards, Mike Mann

n4gix
July 3rd, 2011, 09:14
I have FS Panel Studio, but the older version. My key is too old for an upgrade, so I would have to buy a new license...

Huh? I sure didn't pay anything to upgrade since I bought FSPS some dozen years ago!

You should be able to "self-upgrade" your key via the Flight1 Support Page(s).

bkeske
July 3rd, 2011, 09:19
I actually use it a lot.

Yup, me three.

falcon409
July 3rd, 2011, 09:33
Huh? I sure didn't pay anything to upgrade since I bought FSPS some dozen years ago!
You should be able to "self-upgrade" your key via the Flight1 Support Page(s).
Yep, I beat Flight1 up a few years ago over the "Wrapper" system, but they have done a lot to streamline it and as long as you have some information saved (order number, certificate number) you should be able to retrieve a new license/key and then download the newest version using the wrapper system.