PDA

View Full Version : New Virus?

aeromed202
July 1st, 2011, 03:42
Well that didn't take long. I've been using MS Security Essentials for a few months on all our PCs and last night on the laptop trying to download a pic, of all things an airplane, and got that fast stuttering activity light. I hit shutdown and when I rebooted, Essentials was disabled and wouldn't open up, all system restore points were gone, and a new .exe showed up, something like WCYCYK that was dominating the processes list. Had the same created time as the light stutter. Don't know if the ole laptop can survive this one.

After running Spybot I got three new hits, Microsoft.SecurityEssentials_disabled, win32,fraudload.edt, and win32.Palevo. I'm switching back to AVG for now.

:banghead:

kilo delta
July 1st, 2011, 10:56
Ouch! I made the switch from Kaspersky payware to MSE freeware a couple of months ago for all of my systems. Maybe I should consider switching back?!!:kilroy:

aeromed202
July 1st, 2011, 15:02
Further scans with Malwarebytes and AVG showed multiple infections of something called Kzd.exe which was several places including the processes list as well as a few trojan horse downloaders. I scan the PCs regularly so I know these all arrived at the same time. I seem to have taken care of them and the LT appears to be running normally again. I downloaded a fresh copy of MSE which found a couple more of the buggers. It's slower but I'm now running both anti virus programs. Don't know what more to do. :icon29::icon29: Those helped.

ananda
July 2nd, 2011, 09:06
Don't know what more to do.

Don't visit dodgy sites :icon_lol:

Gdavis101
July 2nd, 2011, 15:36

Yup!

OBIO
July 2nd, 2011, 20:31

But the dodgy sites are the ones with the best pictures to look at. :monkies::monkies:

OBIO

And anada, I didn't mean to edit your post...meant to reply with quote and hit edit instead. Opps!