PDA

View Full Version : Sadly, a part of history missing in FSX. Van Nuys Airport

OleBoy
June 29th, 2011, 18:16
http://www.hulu.com/watch/118168/one-six-right (http://www.hulu.com/watch/118168/one-six-right)

glennc
June 29th, 2011, 19:36
One-Six-Right is a must see for anyone interested in GA. I saw it on Hulu then bought the DVD. The story is a history of GA as presented from the "eyes" of KVNY. The video is wonderful.

Glenn

Naki
June 29th, 2011, 19:44
If only you could see it here :frown:

Phantom88
June 29th, 2011, 19:52
I'm hoping FTX/Orbx will do it when they do California.

skyhawka4m
June 29th, 2011, 20:17
I am hoping for Van Nys and Pearson. I know the Flightzone works but its missing alot...I deleted it from FSX.

Naismith
June 30th, 2011, 01:36
http://www.hulu.com/watch/118168/one-six-right (http://www.hulu.com/watch/118168/one-six-right)

Alas and alack, one of those dreary sites that won't allow users from o/s the USA.
Philistines!

TomSteber
June 30th, 2011, 02:03
Don't forget to watch "One Six Left: The making of One Six Right"
"One Six Right" is soooooooooooooo good, it actually chokes me up at times.
Possibly the best aviation video put out.

stansdds
June 30th, 2011, 02:28
Don't forget to watch "One Six Left: The making of One Six Right"
"One Six Right" is soooooooooooooo good, it actually chokes me up at times.
Possibly the best aviation video put out.

I agree.

oldpropfan
June 30th, 2011, 02:31
One of the best aviation videos made, can't watch it enough.

What do you mean "missing in FSX" as it's present in mine. Not even vaguely close to the atmosphere or character of the real thing though but I've done many landings on my virtual 16R.

Al

OleBoy
June 30th, 2011, 02:34
Not even vaguely close to the atmosphere or character of the real thing though but I've done many landings on my virtual 16R.

Al

That's the point I was trying to make. It can definitely be a lot better

jmig
June 30th, 2011, 03:10
I thought I had an add-on for that airport? I can remember flying out of it shortly after watching the film. I don't remember who made it, however?

I know a lot of good I am doing. :)

dharris
June 30th, 2011, 18:08
Alas and alack, one of those dreary sites that won't allow users from o/s the USA.
Philistines!

check out utube.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sH_crB9xTc they have some of the scenes online if you want to see what you are missing.

fsafranek
June 30th, 2011, 19:25
That was a great video. Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate that they also talked about Miegs Field and how daley destroyed it.
:ernae:

idancesafetydance
June 30th, 2011, 21:29
That was a great video. Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate that they also talked about Miegs Field and how daley destroyed it.

To be totally honest, that scene made me tear up a good bit, and I'm not exactly the most sensitive guy around.

Fantastic film, I don't believe I even blinked while watching it the first time.

sketchy
July 1st, 2011, 07:24
Thanks for posting the link to this program on Hulu!

I remember seeing this on TV not long after I moved to USA a few years ago, and as I live in Los Angeles it was a double benefit to see it. There is some fantastic footage in there. I'll watch it tonight on the PC linked to the TV to appreciate its full glory!

Cheers again!

Sketchy

warchild
July 1st, 2011, 07:32
The bottom line however is that anything and everything that van nuys is and was is completely missing from fsx. generic buildings are used for everything, and the whole place was treated like some cow on a cattle drive.. Even though i dont personally live in Van Nuys, i'm disgusted by it.. Van nuys needs to be done and done right..

fsafranek
July 1st, 2011, 08:06
I thought I had an add-on for that airport? I can remember flying out of it shortly after watching the film. I don't remember who made it, however?

I know a lot of good I am doing. :)
Just did a search at flightsim.com for "van nuys" and found one FSX scenery, two FS9 sceneries, and an afcad for Van Nuys. Must be something useful in there?

fsafranek
July 1st, 2011, 08:26
The bottom line however is that anything and everything that van nuys is and was is completely missing from fsx. generic buildings are used for everything, and the whole place was treated like some cow on a cattle drive.. Even though i dont personally live in Van Nuys, i'm disgusted by it.. Van nuys needs to be done and done right..
And that shocks you that the default is not very good? You could say that about 90+% of the airports/airfields/airbases in the game. Aside from a nice video and a rich heritage what's so special about KVNY? What's disgusting is the way MS put southwest US ground cover over most of the planet.

coolguy3
July 1st, 2011, 10:08
Agreed, MS did a poor job of rendering airports in both FS9 and FSX....3rd party add-ons are the only way to go!

It's too bad that an airport as important to aviation history as KVNY has not yet been done by a major developer, like Fly Tampa. (KVNY is my home airport. Encore Flight, formerly Hollywood Aviators, is the FBO I use there.) Hopefully that will become a reality. A realistic KBUR would be nice, too!

Also, One-Six Right is absolutely great, and One-Six Left is also excellent! :applause:

fsafranek
July 1st, 2011, 11:49
Also, One-Six Right is absolutely great, and One-Six Left is also excellent! :applause:
I do need to check out "One-Six Left". A lot of the flight scenes in One-Six Right reminded me of the "California Soaring" ride at Disney's California Adventure. great stuff.