PDA

View Full Version : OK..... back to my other hobby!

Matt Wynn
June 27th, 2011, 09:20
......Profile Artistry, this one could take a while as i'm doing the linework right through to completed piece... no points for guessing what i'm working on though... :icon_lol:.... this as i say..... could.....take......a...... while..... But is worth it! especially given my fascination with spaceflight :jump:

Tako_Kichi
June 27th, 2011, 09:33
Ahhh...looks very much like a Saturn V with the Apollo capsule to me.

I remember building the Airfix kit as a spotty kid many years ago. The thing was huge and stood in one corner of my bedroom. I was really into space stuff back then and my parents even bought me a pretty powerful telescope and I'd spend hours staring through it at night. During the lunar landings I was able to see the orbiter as a tiny pinprick of light moving across the surface of the moon.

BPbobafett1982
June 27th, 2011, 09:42
Command module window looks wrong somehow, it might just be me...

I'm going t guess Orion capsule on a Saturn V platform.:jump:

Edit:I'm an Idiot. It's a Apollo Era Saturn V.

Matt Wynn
June 27th, 2011, 09:55
Edit:I'm an Idiot. It's a Apollo Era Saturn V.

you're not an Idiot.... i must be for undertaking this massive project though :icon_lol:

wow Tako, was nice of your parents to do that, you must'a bugged them senseless about it? mine wouldn't give me the time of day let alone a telescope :icon_lol:

and now...... as seen below.... showing the location of the LEM :salute: piece by piece it's getting there, still nowhere near getting it into Photoshop yet.... also gotta add the directional 'thrusters' to the emergency rocket atop the thing....

EDIT: also added fullside to images to throw the thing into scale :icon_lol:....

Matt Wynn
June 28th, 2011, 10:14
so.... today i decided to start fleshing her out, and Drawing the RocketDyne F-1's... here is how she's standing (well..... laying) at the moment;

as you can see we're getting there but still a very long way to go.... not even sure i like the lighting yet but hey perk of being able to change it :icon_lol:

Stratobat
June 28th, 2011, 13:01
Hey Smoothie,

not even sure i like the lighting yet but hey perk of being able to change it

The only area that I can see that may be a little too bright is the nose cone but otherwise it looks awesome! :applause:

Are you going to draw the mobile launch platform as well?

Regards,
Stratobat

Matt Wynn
June 28th, 2011, 16:16
Are you going to draw the mobile launch platform as well?

Regards,
Stratobat

if i can collate enough resources on it i probably will, then again once i start a profile art piece i'm loathe to leave it alone, started a mossie 2 years ago and still refining it to this day, gone through about 20 shape changes, over 2000 lighting layers (closest estimate), and i'm still not pleased with it.... :icon_lol:, but with Saturn V.... i'll Endeavour (excuse the STS pun there) to get it done before August is over :icon_lol:

Matt Wynn
July 8th, 2011, 11:54
so in the meantime while i've been juggling projects left right and centre i've started to get the linework done for my next project....