PDA

View Full Version : Another new friend for FSX

Cazzie
December 8th, 2008, 17:01
First download and install this file from Flight Sim into FSX:

FSX The Last Sopwith Camel B6291
<center>[ Download (http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kdl/main/96/b6291fsx.zip?VVlX4009) | View (http://fs1.flightsim.com/cgi/zview?rk=VVlX4009&fn=/cgi/kdl/main/96/b6291fsx.zip&cm=list&rp=/cgi/file%3Fcm=LISTFILES%26pos=0%26rk=VVlX4009%26fm=mai n%26rp=/cgi/kds%253FVVlX4009=main/search.htm) ]</center>Name: b6291fsx.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kdl/main/96/b6291fsx.zip?VVlX4009) Size: 8,235,170 Date: 09-14-2008 Downloads: 1010
http://www.flightsim.com/n/b6291fsx.gifhttp://www.flightsim.com/wbicons/fcq1.gifFSX The Last Sopwith Camel B6291. This is David Eckert's 2004 Sopwith Camel modified for FSX. This aircraft is the premier example of the most famous fighter of WW1. This is the last original flyable Camel. Tail number B6291 operated in Squadron number 10 placing it on the western front during WW1. This aircraft package includes a VC, gauges and pictures and history of this beautiful aircraft. Original docs included. Textures and FSX modifications by Mark Rooks of RSDG Aircraft.

Next, go to FS9 or GW3 where you keep Dave Eckert's marvelous FS9 Camel. Do not copy the folder over to FSX. Open the folder and copy and paste each texture into the above's folder in FSX. Be advised, you will have to rename the original texture folder in Dave's Camel in FS9 so that it does not conflict with the texture folder in the above.

Open the above's aircraft.cfg and copy and paste the information from the FS9 aircraft.cfg on the aircraft and remember to title the renamed texture folder in the cfg also and edit the appropriate numbers for the cfg.

Another ragwings wonder for FSX and I get to use one of the most outrageous paints ever done in SOH, Mike Wilson's Ruston-Proctor Camel.

Really good VC included in the above install, :ernae:

Caz

Panther_99FS
December 8th, 2008, 17:04
No comment

Henry
December 8th, 2008, 17:22
No comment
isnt that a comment in itself :costumes:
:running:
H

Panther_99FS
December 8th, 2008, 17:23
Disregard it then.....

:mixedsmi:

Henry
December 8th, 2008, 17:59
Disregard it then.....

:mixedsmi:
:costumes::costumes::costumes:
LOL
does i never said a word
mean any different:costumes:
H

BananaBob
December 8th, 2008, 18:16
Poopy port.

Wozza
December 8th, 2008, 19:58
Hi
Can anybody tell me if this is a portover?...Im in the process of converting Davids Camel to FSX Sp2 native,if its already been done then no point in me continuing ;)
Cheers
Wozza

Pips
December 8th, 2008, 20:20
It is a portover ..... it's good, but not native. So please, please keep going Wozza! :)

BananaBob
December 8th, 2008, 20:21
Hi
Can anybody tell me if this is a portover?...Im in the process of converting Davids Camel to FSX Sp2 native,if its already been done then no point in me continuing ;)
Cheers
Wozza

It's a port for sure Wozza, so please continue your magic on it. :applause::applause::applause:

Wozza
December 8th, 2008, 20:30
Ok cool :)
The external models done,Ive gutted out the VC so I can redo the gauges in 3d and manifold for DX10 VC shadows.It be up to David if its released but he hasnt said no yet :D
Cheers
Wozza

BananaBob
December 8th, 2008, 20:43
Great news, was hoping this would be converted, looking forward to it Wozza and can't wait to try that skin I did for it! :applause::applause::applause:

empeck
December 9th, 2008, 00:02
Wow, Wozza, it looks stunning! I love self shadowing on biplanes :)

lucas81
December 9th, 2008, 00:50
She looks fantastic and will be awesome addon to the freeware Biff and Dr.I!
Looks like another winner, Wozza!

Epsillon
December 9th, 2008, 01:13
Ok cool :)
The external models done,Ive gutted out the VC so I can redo the gauges in 3d and manifold for DX10 VC shadows.It be up to David if its released but he hasnt said no yet :D
Cheers
Wozza
Great news...:ernae:
Thank you, Wozza!

Stephan

Roger
December 9th, 2008, 02:39
Fantastic news Wozza!

Roger
December 9th, 2008, 02:41
Cazzie the reason for the negative comments on the port-over is not only do most of them not work in Sp2 they definately don't work in Dx10. Often they are done without the original author's permission etc.

JT8D-9A
December 9th, 2008, 03:19
I had already wondered about the "Dawn Patrol" shot in the last FSX screenshot thread.
Indeed great news!:jump:Many thanks Wozza!! :applause::applause::applause:

Cazzie
December 9th, 2008, 03:53
I'm with all the others Wozza, it will go in a heartbeat if you're doing an FSX SP2 native model! :ernae::ernae:

Walkin' 'round whistlin' Dixie! :friday:

No offense panther! :icon_lol:

I'm just happy with any WW I plane I have in any sim! Dave's camel is one of the best. :medals:

Caz

Cazzie
December 9th, 2008, 04:01
Cazzie the reason for the negative comments on the port-over is not only do most of them not work in Sp2 they definately don't work in Dx10. Often they are done without the original author's permission etc.

Thanks Roger, I was just happy to get to fly Dave's Camel in FSX. I am sure as I posted above that it will be gone when wozza finishes his magic.

I am ignorant to some of the goings-on in the Flight Sim world as a whole, so please forgive if I make a step out of bounds on occasion. The only flight-sim forum I attend is SOH, its subsidiary forums, and The Old Hanger, the rest I never even visit lest linked there from a post here.

I used DX9 for my Champ portovers too, as they do not work in DX10. I have taken to using DX10 for FSX native aircraft, however, like Piglet's Mite, my absolute favorite at the moment in FSX. :medals:

Caz

Roger
December 9th, 2008, 04:14
Thanks Roger, I was just happy to get to fly Dave's Camel in FSX. I am sure as I posted above that it will be gone when wozza finishes his magic.

I am ignorant to some of the goings-on in the Flight Sim world as a whole, so please forgive if I make a step out of bounds on occasion. The only flight-sim forum I attend is SOH, its subsidiary forums, and The Old Hanger, the rest I never even visit lest linked there from a post here.

I used DX9 for my Champ portovers too, as they do not work in DX10. I have taken to using DX10 for FSX native aircraft, however, like Piglet's Mite, my absolute favorite at the moment in FSX. :medals:

Caz

I was desperate to keep some Fs9 aircraft in FsX and as I use Dx10 (my rig runs much smoother in Dx10) it was difficult because of the textures problem. I have been involved with "Addon Converter X" and beta tested the upgrades. They now have it right as they can and textures will now show. However because alphas make a model transparent in Dx10 Addon C X renders the alphas blank...so no shine on any Fs9 aircraft.

Wozza
December 9th, 2008, 05:46
Hey all
Was doing some research and found this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtprTL66-FY
make sure ya turn ya sound up :D
This must be an orig flown aircraft as most of the other vids the camel sounded real sedate and tame ...love the torque roll ;)
Wozza

Cazzie
December 9th, 2008, 09:10
Hey all
Was doing some research and found this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtprTL66-FY
make sure ya turn ya sound up :D
This must be an orig flown aircraft as most of the other vids the camel sounded real sedate and tame ...love the torque roll ;)
Wozza

Isn't there something almost pastoral and religious about that! :applause::ernae:

Caz

BananaBob
December 9th, 2008, 09:55
Man, that video was awesome! Just imagine if someone were to design a Camel that had to fly by the book, the complaints about flight dynamics would flood in, LOL!

I love the Mustang, but I also love these two aircraft in this video, all integral in preserving our freedoms. Thanks for the link to that Wozza. :applause::applause::applause: