jimjones
October 2nd, 2008, 03:12
Downtown, Lambert Intl, Spirit of St Louis, Shaw park-zoo,museums

lifejogger
October 2nd, 2008, 04:22
Looks like Google Earth.

jimjones
October 2nd, 2008, 04:53
Actually it is new photoreal developed from Terraserver data. Starting to upload to flightsim.com today. Will take a few days to get all 30 sections uploaded (2 Gb total).

limjack
October 2nd, 2008, 07:11
Thanks Jimjones for the HU, I do like photo real. Nice way to learn about the area.

Jim

Lateral-G
October 2nd, 2008, 14:25
Too bad Lambert is out of date. The new west runway isn't there.

-G-

Bomber_12th
October 2nd, 2008, 14:45
Jim, it looks excellent! I can't wait to try it out - I love the higher resolution scenery which is now possible.

Panther_99FS
October 3rd, 2008, 16:08
It's up now at FLIGHTSIM.COM...:mixedsmi:

Pips
October 3rd, 2008, 17:08
Great news. :)

jimjones
October 6th, 2008, 11:11
flightsim.com released the first 8 files the day after they were uploaded. However I uploaded the remaining 22 files on 10/3, 10/4 and 10/5. None have appeared in the Library as of 10/6. I've sent an email to the webmaster to see if there is a problem and will pass along the response here if and when I receive one.

jimjones
October 6th, 2008, 12:18
This is the response from flightsim.com:

Hi Jim.

I was away over the weekend, that's the reason for the delay. They are
actually being copied to the servers right now, but because the files
are so big it's taking a very long time. I'm going to give the new files
tomorrow's date so they show up as new files in tomorrow's list. Since
today is already almost over if I just added them to the list today
they'd be pushed down too quickly and people might overlook them.

--Nels Anderson

Alexraptor
October 6th, 2008, 13:09
Two questions, what resolution is the photoscenery and does it have any autogen?

jimjones
October 7th, 2008, 02:19
Resolution is 1m/pixel. No autogen within the photoscenery, but custom FSX buildings are there unchanged.

familton
October 7th, 2008, 15:17
Hi. Thanks. They are listed by section letters. What are the section letters for downtown and Lambert? Thanks, regards, Bob.

jimjones
October 8th, 2008, 04:04
Downtown = sections L, O, R, CC plus others. See map
Lambert = sections E, F, H, I

olaf1924
October 8th, 2008, 06:38
Jim thanks a million for all the work you have done for fsx scenery.:ernae:

familton
October 8th, 2008, 09:14
Hi. OK. Thanks. I'll get some. I appreciate all your work. Best regards, Bob.

familton
October 10th, 2008, 14:15
Hi JIm. Thanks for the files. I installed the scenery for downtown by the Arch. I noticed that the river is brown compared with the default river. Is this normal? I know when I lived there it was muddy compared to the default river texture. Thanks, best regards, Bob.

jimjones
October 11th, 2008, 02:55
The default river color and texture are not true, but simulations approximating how water looks. The St Louis scenery is only a snapshot in time, so the water color can vary.

I chose not to redraw the river bounderies and insert default water for two main reason. First the photos is someways are more realistic showing river barges and other shore features such as river boats and dykes that protect the shoreline. The other reason is not so noble, its too much work to redo the river and I'm lazy.

So the loss in my choice of river water is the loss of those neat default reflections and the inability to land on the water realistically.

familton
October 11th, 2008, 09:06
Hi Jim. OK. Thanks. It is realy GREAT scenery. Best regards, Bob.