PDA

View Full Version : Golden Age Simulations Lockheed 12 is up!

pilottj
June 24th, 2011, 15:15
Go get it guys!
www.goldenagesimulations.com
(http://www.goldenagesimulations.com)
Cheers
TJ

Roger
June 24th, 2011, 16:37
:ernae:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/l12g-10.jpg

warchild
June 24th, 2011, 17:17
I'll have toi wait till the third, but i'm definately getting this one..
Pam

SADT
June 24th, 2011, 22:31
I wish I could bite, but I'll have to wait until at least next week.. I have got some long distance flights planned in this baby, LOL.. ;)

Congrats on the release! :-)

Craig :-)

casey jones
June 25th, 2011, 08:07
Finally!! A Lockheed 12A. I have always loved the 12A, but it did not sell very well like the Lockheed 10A....but still this is a great contribution to the flightsim world. Now if I could convence Golden Age to create the Japanese L2A Tabby (DC3). It is very differant from the C47/DC3 the differance is it had very powerful engines.

Cheers

Casey

TeiscoDelRay
June 25th, 2011, 09:07
Congratulations on another great aircraft that is really fun to fly and great to look at. Priced less than dinner for two at the local burger place and loaded with all you expect from a quality FSX plane today.

Paul K
June 26th, 2011, 05:02
I'd like to see some reviews and more screenshots, because this is just the sort of aircraft I like in FSX. The textures seem a bit flat and featureless, but other than that it looks very good indeed.

Spad54
June 26th, 2011, 10:17
I'd like to see some reviews and more screenshots, because this is just the sort of aircraft I like in FSX. The textures seem a bit flat and featureless, but other than that it looks very good indeed.

Flat and Featureless? :confused::banghead: I beg your pardon. You can count the rivets on the skin. There are more details on our website. I suggest you look there. There is a video as well.

Paul K
June 26th, 2011, 12:28
Flat and Featureless? :confused::banghead: I beg your pardon. You can count the rivets on the skin. There are more details on our website. I suggest you look there. There is a video as well.

Yes, sorry, I should have been more exact. I'd already been to the website and watched the video before I posted. Rivets, yep, got those. But the fuselage skin itself seems a little too smooth and seamless, the bare metal one particularly so. Sheet metal riveted at intervals to a framework just isn't that perfectly flat, particularly when its 1930s vintage.

Good model though and definitely on my 'maybe' list. Just the sort of aircraft I wish there were more of in FSX

Daveroo
June 26th, 2011, 14:41
OMG...thought the rivit counters and nit pickers were banished....just apprieate others hard work and either buy and fly the plane or dont buy it...stop being a pita

warchild
June 26th, 2011, 20:47
Wellll, I think i got about half of TWVA headed your way, and i'll be there come the third.. I think its gorgeous, and i'm really glad to see her done..
Pam

Paul K
June 26th, 2011, 22:48
OMG...thought the rivit counters and nit pickers were banished....just apprieate others hard work and either buy and fly the plane or dont buy it...stop being a pita

I'm simply making an observation and commenting on one aspect of the model.

Spad54, I'd imagine that a different texture could add irregularities.

CG_1976
June 26th, 2011, 23:15
Wellll, I think i got about half of TWVA headed your way, and i'll be there come the third.. I think its gorgeous, and i'm really glad to see her done..
Pam

Okee Dookiee done.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x311/thobin76/2011-6-25_10-16-31-198.jpg
And I tip my hat to GAS, wonderful model and creation of Art.

wombat666
June 27th, 2011, 10:24

They can be quite easily.
Nice aeroplane, shame I can't fly her in GW3.
:kilroy:

Paul K
June 27th, 2011, 12:59
They can be quite easily.

Then please do.

Spad54
June 27th, 2011, 15:32
This project took us 6 months to develop and with a team of 4 dedicated modelers and and texture artists.
We are hobbyists keeping a small venture alive on a shoe string. We're in it for the airplanes, hence why the price point is kept low. It barely covers expenses.

Thanks for the support from forum members who spoke up and thanks for observations that we can always improve.

I believe at this point before anyone says or does anything they might regret that this thread be locked. Could an admin do that? I know that I did not start it, but lets move on and enjoy the model. Thanks all

Next for us is the Boeing 247...............starting production this fall.

robert41
June 27th, 2011, 16:28
Most enjoyable aircraft. Pleasure to fly. Thanks Spad. And the sound pack is really good.

pilottj
June 27th, 2011, 16:33
yep it is a great bird :) bring on the 247...hope the Wacos get some FSX native love down the road too:icon29:

Paul K
June 27th, 2011, 16:37
Spad, just to re-emphasise what I was suggesting, here is an example of it - what the OzX team did with the default Goose

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/Geomitrak/1-1.jpg

The texture's bumps and dents along the nose really add some character to the aircraft, and I think your model, being of similar vintage, would benefit too.

TeiscoDelRay
June 28th, 2011, 07:58
Smooth as a baby's "". lockheed was known for their fine metal work back in the day, not to sure about Grumman :salute:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii22/Warbirds_photos/0610044_91.jpg

Daveroo
June 28th, 2011, 08:24
hey PaulK?..i had a knee jerk reaction there,,i appologise...i do feel that there is no need to be a nitpicker..but seeing your follow up posts..its seems you werent being at pita..but were just making more of a request or "please tak a closer look",,( i cant talk for you)..but i do appologise for my outburst.....i musta been off my meds....yeah ill go with that

TeiscoDelRay
June 28th, 2011, 08:58
It is amazing when someone that does not develop planes or even owns the plane in question can intimidate a developer such as GAS. GAS is built on the same principals that Bill Lyons had when we were the Golden Eagle Squadron. Bill put out a quality product for very little money. I know because I was a member of that group back in the day.

As far as this mans intention I am perplexed. Does he want all the textures redone? As the texture artist in question I can assure you I will not redo all the textures for this plane. I took a close look at pictures such as I posted above and geared my results to mimic them. Lockheed had very good metal work and produced flat and even panels.

I hope this type of nibbling attack does not do in another fine developer that only has the interest of the Golden age flyer at heart.

pilottj
June 28th, 2011, 09:02
Back when I was working the flight line at Santa Rosa, a Lockeed 12...and then a Grumman Mallard came and parked on our ramp. Both were exquisite airplanes. The 12 had a polish so fine on it that it was literally a flying mirror. The Grumman had a beautiful blue/grey scheme. Why is it the days you don't bring your camera to the airport all the super cool stuff flies in?:mixedsmi:

warchild
June 28th, 2011, 09:11
Spad, no problem.. Hate to lock it but since you requested it.. I'll do it..
Pam