PDA

View Full Version : Area51 Simulations C-5

falcon409
June 22nd, 2011, 04:03
I am currently flying the Alphasim C-5 in FSX, but I've been considering purchasing the one from Area51. I know this is a loaded question, but, is the Area51 version worth getting? Is there enough VC usability to warrant paying the price for a "like" aircraft? That's the limitation in the AS version as very little is actually animated in the VC. The few VC shots of the Area51 C-5 don't look all that different from the one I'm flying now.:salute:

falcon409
June 22nd, 2011, 06:29
Really? The lack of any replies after 40+ views probably tells me what I need to know. I was on the fence on this as it is, due mainly to not being heavy into "Big" aircraft. I didn't want to spend the money if the differences were mainly superficial (bump mapping, lighting, better texturing).

Bone
June 22nd, 2011, 06:46
May I recomend saving your money for the Milviz T-38A? There's a good chance you won't be flying anything else after you get your hands on it.

Bone
June 22nd, 2011, 06:49
.....paint kit.

http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1045

falcon409
June 22nd, 2011, 07:18
May I recomend saving your money for the Milviz T-38A? There's a good chance you won't be flying anything else after you get your hands on it.I've been watching the T-38 developement, but cost will be the major factor as more and more aircraft move away from my affordability limits. As much as this is a "must have" for me, if it's too expensive it won't be on my list any more.As far as the C-5 is concerned, I believe I'll stay with the AS port-over.

Warrant
June 22nd, 2011, 07:32
I am currently flying the Alphasim C-5 in FSX, but I've been considering purchasing the one from Area51. I know this is a loaded question, but, is the Area51 version worth getting? Is there enough VC usability to warrant paying the price for a "like" aircraft? That's the limitation in the AS version as very little is actually animated in the VC. The few VC shots of the Area51 C-5 don't look all that different from the one I'm flying now.:salute:

Why is this a "loaded" question?

I have the choppers from area51 (MH-74, UH-1Y and OH-58D) and i think they are worth every penny (and they are quite low in price if i may add).
The C5 is not on my whish-list since they are close to releasing their other heavy: the C-17.
I already purchased the Virtavia C-17 since they released the DVC version (and i'm very happy with it), but i'm still very curious about the area51 version (and most likely will purchase that one as well).

Regarding the quality-price ratio on Area51 products so far.....they match IMHO.

Montie
June 22nd, 2011, 13:08
I have the C5 by Area51, bought it on release day. I have not flown it that much, not too much into the heavies myself. The exterior model looks great, the VC is okay, if I recall correctly then only the basic features are modeled, I believe they are still planning to update especially the VC. Price versus quality is great though if you ask me :salute:

falcon409
June 22nd, 2011, 15:52
I have the C5 by Area51, bought it on release day. I have not flown it that much, not too much into the heavies myself. The exterior model looks great, the VC is okay, if I recall correctly then only the basic features are modeled, I believe they are still planning to update especially the VC. Price versus quality is great though if you ask me :salute:
Ok, that cinches it then. I'll keep the AS portover. Doesn't sound like I'll get much additional for the money. Thanks!