PDA

View Full Version : VC Snap Views in FSX?

TARPSBird
June 22nd, 2011, 01:38
In CFS2/FS2002/FS2004 I've always had the default capability in VC view to use the number keypad for quick looks around the plane (automatically snapping back to forward view), or to use the hat switch to move to a fixed view left/right/up/etc. In FSX the snap-view capability is apparently not a default VC feature. Is it even possible to program the number keypad keys to do it in VC view? If so I'd like to know which of the numerous FSX view commands to program, I can't figure them out.

Bjoern
June 22nd, 2011, 04:00
According to the SDK, these entries in each [Cameraconfiguration.x] section are responsible for snaps:

<tbody>
snappbhreturn
bool
True/False
If true, camera position returns to its initial position when the snap movement command key is released.
Cockpit( SnapPbhReturn = True )
Virtual Cockpit( SnapPbhReturn = False )

panpbhreturn
bool
True/False
If true, camera position returns to its initial position when the pan movement command key is released.
Cockpit( PanPbhReturn = True )
Virtual Cockpit( PanPbhReturn = False )

</tbody>

Sample camera config for the VC:

[CameraDefinition.xxx]
Title=VC Snap
Guid={C95DCA82-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}
Description=
Origin=Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect=Yes
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=True
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=True
Track=None
ShowAxis=YES
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=0.6
SmoothZoomTime=2.0
ZoomPanScalar=1.0
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category=Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
HotKeySelect=

Add this one to the aircraft.cfg of the a/c in question (or the cameras.cfg in FSX's config folder), make sure to keep the numbering in sequence and give it a try.
Haven't tried it myself, it's just the default VC camera adjusted with the above commands.

TARPSBird
June 23rd, 2011, 07:59
Bjoern, thanks for putting me on the right track. :salute: In the VC section of the default cameras.cfg file (see below), setting SnapPbhAdjust to "Ordinal" vice "Swivel" causes the view to snap to the fixed position of whatever numberpad key is pressed. Setting SnapPbhReturn to "True" vice "False" snaps the view back to forward when the numberpad key is released. PanPbhAdjust and PanPbhReturn (the next line entries) have the same effect on panning your view with the hat switch. I have to learn more about this Camera thing, it seems like a pretty nice feature of FSX.

[CameraDefinition.002]
Title = Virtual Cockpit
Guid = {C95EAB58-9E4A-4E2A-A34C-D8D9D948F078}
Description = This is the description of the virtual cockpit view.
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal <<< View snaps to fixed position...
SnapPbhReturn = True <<< ...then snaps back to forward view
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.7
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
HotKeySelect=1

Bjoern
June 23rd, 2011, 12:54
No problem.

And yes, the cameras are pretty flexible.