PDA

View Full Version : Dutch East Indies is back...and Papua New Guinea...and RAAF / DoA

Rami
June 21st, 2011, 12:27
Good afternoon,

As a favor to honor a request at another CFS2 site, I have moved the three Pacific campaigns I completed to the front of the pack for a touch up before retiring them. I finished the Dutch East Indies first, so it is now released. For those who don't remember, this is a dual-sided campaign with nineteen missions on the Dutch side, and eighteen missions on the Japanese side.

Papua New Guinea is awaiting one small component before it is re-released, and I'm also about 90% done with the RAAF campaign.

Finn
June 21st, 2011, 12:56
You are spoiling us, Rami. I can't fly the campains as fast as you pour them out, and even the perfect campaign can be improved it seems.:applause:
Finn

Rami
June 22nd, 2011, 16:18
Good evening,

I have updated the Papua New Guinea campaign, and reset the counter to move the package up to the main page for the time being. This is the final update for this campaign, and it is being "moved into retirement" to make way for new projects.

Included in this campaign is the .dp mod for the "E" model of the FDG B-17 that allows for supply drops and AI bombs. The AI bombs are critical, because they dramatically increase framerates, allowing for a smoother mission experience.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=44&id=364

Enjoy! :mixedsmi:

miamieagle
June 23rd, 2011, 09:34
Thank you very much?

Rami
June 23rd, 2011, 10:25
Good afternoon,

The final part of the Pacific "Holy Trilogy" has been re-released. Like Papua New Guinea and D.E.I. - This one has been moved into the retirement community. It also ends my trip back to the Pacific for the time being.

I'm still on the fence of where to go from here...

Worthless
June 29th, 2011, 17:42
I'm trying to set up the Dutch East Indies Campaign. Can't find this bomb in the download for the Hawker Hurricane Mk. IIc by Thicko. I looked up an old thread and it appears that this has come up before. If it is in the archive I can't find it. Any chance someone has it on a backup disk.

August 18th, 2009 19:52 thicko (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?447-thicko)

Looks like I forgot to add them to that upload. Here they are. Sorry about that.
Cheers Thicko

sc7500
June 29th, 2011, 17:56
Found it in my archived weapons stuff:

SC
:kilroy:

Worthless
June 29th, 2011, 19:11
Fast work. Much appreciated.

sc7500
June 30th, 2011, 08:32
...Fast work. Much appreciated....

Time and place, M8te - if *I* hadn't found it first, someone else would have !

Now get to bombing !
SC

Captain Kurt
July 3rd, 2011, 07:25
There are only a coule of aircraft designers who prohibit new paint jobs without permission that I know of. Unless the read me prohibits new skins specifically, go for it.

Rami, you rock with all the choices you are giving us. Thanks! :icon29:

bearcat241
July 4th, 2011, 03:39
...Rami, you rock with all the choices you are giving us. Thanks! :icon29:

Indeed he does...and we're still expecting that big thing you've been advertising too CK...sometime soon, right?

Worthless
July 5th, 2011, 11:48
Time and place, M8te - if *I* hadn't found it first, someone else would have !

Now get to bombing !
SC

OK.....DEI is all loaded up. I made a few mistakes, but I think I figured most of them out. A couple of curiousities have me stumped though.

1st....Since I have never flown the Brewster B-339D or the P-36A I figured a few practice flights in Free Flight and QC were in order. Just to get used to these nice airplaines. I've noticed when I select the mz-ki43-1k as the enemy in QC, that when I shoot it down an identical copy is created and flutters down with my original victim.

2nd....In the first mission of the campaign for the Allies (Dutch), my wingman dies on takeoff every single time. Nothing I do seems to save him. So now I have to fly off and face the bad guys all by myself. Is this by design or have I got my wires crossed?

Rami
July 5th, 2011, 15:13
2nd....In the first mission of the campaign for the Allies (Dutch), my wingman dies on takeoff every single time. Nothing I do seems to save him. So now I have to fly off and face the bad guys all by myself. Is this by design or have I got my wires crossed?

Worthless,

I'll bet you two-to-one that you may have forgotten to include the revised.cfg and .air files from the AIRCRAFT folder in the campaign package for the FDG P-36. The reason why these were included is that it prevents the AI from tipping over and exploding on takeoff, effectively eliminating your wingmen.

If this is NOT the case, let me know, and we'll work on it. :wiggle:

Worthless
July 5th, 2011, 16:05
Yes indeedy, that did the trick. No more suicidal wingman. I saw the historical performance package when I was first intalling the campaign, but it said optional so I didn't add it. Now my wingman tags along nicely. Thanks. I guess I had better do the same for the Dauntless and the P-40e.

Changing the air file and cfg did make the stearing control of the player aircraft more difficult during the take-off roll, forcing me to apply full right rudder in order to stay on the runway. I am aware that those engines developed tremendous torque at takeoff occasionally causing them to flip over if the pilot wasn't careful so I guess that's part of the historical aspect.

Anyway, thanks again....I'm off into the wild blue yonder.

sc7500
July 5th, 2011, 17:18
...1st....I've noticed when I select the mz-ki43-1k as the enemy in QC, that when I shoot it down an identical copy is created and flutters down with my original victim...

Go into the Ki-43's DP file with a text editor and delete the numbers from ALL [EFFECTS.] files as shown in examples below:

[EFFECTS.0]
; System = Nose Structure
effect.0=10,LIBRARY,fx_smkpuff_m,
effect.1=30,LIBRARY,fx_oilleak_m,
effect.2=60,LIBRARY,fx_wingfire,
effect.3=95,LIBRARY,fx_airexpl_m,
effect.4=100,BREAK,6, <==== delete the number, creating double commas

[EFFECTS.2]
; System = Engine
effect.0=10,LIBRARY,fx_fuelleak_m,
effect.1=30,LIBRARY,fx_engfire_m,
effect.2=60,LIBRARY,fx_engfire_l,
effect.3=95,LIBRARY,fx_airexpl_L,
effect.4=97,BOMB,,
effect.5=98,BREAK,7, <==== delete the number, creating double commas

[EFFECTS.13]
; System = Port Wing Structure
effect.0=10,LIBRARY,fx_smkpuff_m,
effect.1=30,LIBRARY,fx_intsmoke,
effect.2=60,LIBRARY,fx_wingfire,
effect.3=95,LIBRARY,fx_airexpl_l,
effect.4=100,BREAK,1, <==== delete the number, creating double commas

ETCETERA - there are at least 12, and leaving one undeleted will still cause the cloned plane to follow the original !!!

Performing this procedure will stop the extra aircraft from appearing, and allow a "normal" shoot down effect. :salute:

SC

Worthless
July 5th, 2011, 17:50
Ok, thanks for the tip. Worked like a champ.

sc7500
July 5th, 2011, 18:59
U Betcha !!!!

Happy Flying
SC

Worthless
July 8th, 2011, 08:20
I can't seem to get my wingman commands and comments to appear in text or audio in the campaign mode or mission mode. The wingman seems to respond to commands. I just can't hear or see the commands on the screen. Both text and audio work in QC. Anyone got a suggestion.

sc7500
July 8th, 2011, 08:27
One of the many mysteries of CFS2 is how certain files self-modify without warning or reason.... This manifests itself [for me] in the cfs2.cfg file most often by dropping the Combat status message function completely.

All of the following should be set to [1]; if it shows [0]. it ain't gonna work !

[SITUATIONAL_OPTIONS]
Enemy_indicator=1
Radar=1
NameTags=1
Range_indicator=1
Combat_status_messages=1
Radio_com=1

Go into the cfs2.cfg file with a text editor and scroll down until you find the entry above - change all the options to [1], save, and try again.

Happy Happy ! :wiggle:
SC

Rami
July 8th, 2011, 08:55
I can't seem to get my wingman commands and comments to appear in text or audio in the campaign mode or mission mode. The wingman seems to respond to commands. I just can't hear or see the commands on the screen. Both text and audio work in QC. Anyone got a suggestion.

On the top of the screen, if you're flying in windowed mode, one of the options, in the same menu where you can increase the sim speed, there should be a check mark for sound and radio communication. If radio communication is unchecked, you will not hear the sounds.

Worthless
July 8th, 2011, 14:13
No luck.

Rami....I found both the Sound and Radio Communication were checked.
SC....some of the CFS2.cfg items were set to 0, but changing them all to 1 had no effect.

Oh, well. It's not a disaster. I can still fly the Campaign. My AI's can obviously hear me, because they respond to instruction. I had never messed with the Buffalo before. It's a very nice little airplane.

Thanks for the response guys. If you get anymore ideas, shoot them to me.

sc7500
July 8th, 2011, 15:01
When all else fails, try a different aircraft.

Oddly enough, the messages CAN be hidden by a cockpit frame with some planes, and make one think there's no display......

Otherwise, I'm stumped.

Anyone else ?
SC

Worthless
July 8th, 2011, 17:04
I'm stumped to. Tried both the P-36 and the Buffalo. In QC, text and audio work fine. In Campaign mode and Sgl. Mission mode, neither work. Go figure!

kdriver
July 9th, 2011, 00:34
Hi Worthless,

Did you amend your country.cfg file with the one found here :
http://www.microsoft.com/games/combatfs2/SDK/country.cfg (http://www.microsoft.com/games/combatfs2/SDK/country.cfg)

The Dutch "allegiance=14" should show in the above file and in the .cmg and .mis files of the campaign. You should then get the stock American radio chatter.

Kevin

Worthless
July 9th, 2011, 05:31
Sure did. The country.cfg in my install is the same as the one you posted.

Rami
July 9th, 2011, 05:57
Worthless,

Try checking the [MISC.DATA] section of the .dp file and make sure the allegiance is congruent vis a vis the campaign allegiance.

Worthless
July 9th, 2011, 06:51
Nice try. You are correct that the allegiance in the DP was 3 instead of 14, but changing it had no effect except to turn off the voice chatter and text in QC.
I did remember to delete the CDP when I changed the allegiance in the DP.

I thank you for your efforts to diagnose the problem, but it's sort of like a lost golf ball. I'll just drop another, take a stroke and move on. Don't waste anymore time on it.

Worthless
November 29th, 2011, 12:39
On the top of the screen, if you're flying in windowed mode, one of the options, in the same menu where you can increase the sim speed, there should be a check mark for sound and radio communication. If radio communication is unchecked, you will not hear the sounds.

RAMI

I flew the Dutch Campaign back in July. No raido sound, but otherwise no problems. It was very demanding to fly underpowered aircraft against the Japanese and took me a while.

Had to put it aside after that, so now I decided to give the Japaese Campaign a try. The very first mission wouldn't load up.
I get an exception reading "can't find the model brewster model 339 Buffalo in the library". This occurs in both the Campaign mode and Single Mission mode. After that it kicks me back out to the menu. The Dutch Campaign still works fine. ......Oh.... and by the way, the sound for radio commands NOW works in the Single Mission mode. Still doesn't in the Campaign mode. Ain't CFS2 a hoot.

Of course, I have a Buffalo in my AC list but the description is not the same. This is what I have in my AC list.

Aircraft.cfg

[fltsim.0]
title=B-339D Buffalo
sim=Brewster-339D
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
kb_checklists=Checklist_339DBuffalo

I opened the mission file in notepad and it definitely calls for a "brewster model 339 Buffalo". See [unit_type.1] below.

[unit_type.0]
type_id=3800
unit_family=1
name=A6M2_ZERO
[unit_type.1]
type_id=3824
unit_family=1
name=Brewster Model 339 Buffalo

Sorry for all the verbage. I've looked back at the intall zip and can only find the one Brewster 339d in the zip.

I know it's been a while since this came out and this is probably off of your radar screen, but maybe someone else has had the same experience. For now,.... I'm stumped.

Rami
November 29th, 2011, 15:15
Worthless,

I did an update to that campaign this summer which is here and at my site, but this is a really easy fix. Just rename the aircraft in the mission file from this...

[unit_type.0]
type_id=3800
unit_family=1
name=A6M2_ZERO

[unit_type.1]
type_id=3824
unit_family=1
name=Brewster Model 339 Buffalo

To this...

[unit_type.0]
type_id=3800
unit_family=1
name=mz-a6m2b

[unit_type.1]
type_id=3824
unit_family=2
name=Brewster-339D

Save and close, the mission will work fine.

Worthless
November 30th, 2011, 10:14
I started with your update in July, so I should have the latest Campaign. And I did try a hand edit of the first mission on the Japanese side of the campaign before sending up my original help needed message. It was still a no go. When I launched the first mission "DEI (Japanese) 1.mis - dated 6/21/11, I got the "Can't find message".
Do you know if there is a reference to this AC elsewhere in the campaign, that I am missing?

PS.....I notice that the "DEI (Japanese) 2.mis" file reference is "Brewster - 339D".

Worthless
November 30th, 2011, 10:21
I started with your update in July, so I should have the latest Campaign. And I did try a hand edit of the first mission on the Japanese side of the campaign before sending up my original help needed message. It was still a no go. When I launched the first mission "DEI (Japanese) 1.mis - dated 6/21/11, I got the "Can't find message".
Do you know if there is a reference to this AC elsewhere in the campaign, that I am missing?

PS.....I notice that the "DEI (Japanese) 2.mis" file reference is "Brewster - 339D".

Sometimes I just wonder if it's just time to turn on the gas. Campaign file was it. I edited the mission file but not the campaign file. Sorry for rattling your chain.