PDA

View Full Version : Wanted ROF from the start but.......?

Rubberlegs
June 20th, 2011, 18:22
Have wanted ROF from first release but computer wasn't up to the task...Now however...new 'ZIGGER' will arrive in a couple of days. Will buy the Game ROF in a flash but need one question answered before hand. To fly this Simulator are you still required to be ..'ON-LINE'....that is Internet-Connected to actually play the game????..........problem being that am installing all my Flt-Sims in new unit but will not be Internet-Connected.
So can I buy or not?

Signed.......STALLED!!
Walt
Fly High...Punch Holes in the Sky

Whitehawk
June 20th, 2011, 21:59
IIRC on initial install you need to connect to the server (Login Online) from the splash screen to activate the game, or it will run in demo mode. After that you can Login Offline and play the SP components of the game without issue, obviously no MP and your stats don't get uploaded to the server.
Only other times you would need to be connected to the internet are for updates (Auto-updater in the shell) and if you purchase a new flyable (need to Login Online once to update your hanger to unlock the new flyable)

Hope that helps, maybe you could have a temp connection just for updating RoF?

Rubberlegs
June 21st, 2011, 05:27
You betcha' it helps there ..Whitehawk! That's what I needed to know. Was under the false impression that one had to be 'on-line' even for single-player mode..and for me that would be a "NO-FLY-ZONE". and you're right about temp-connect for downloads of undates etc..my plan exactly. Now it's off to pick up a copy of ROF!!!
and 'Gen-up' on the the finer points of the game via the Forums. Thanks for your input.

Walt
Fly High...Punch Holes in the Sky