PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft - moved from FSX General

warchild
June 16th, 2011, 09:47
If you just can't get enough of building and creating things in virtual worlds, try Minecraft. It's relaxing and addictive all at once and perfectly takes your mind off the big, bad, unrewarding MSFS world.

Yeah, and Notch goes way out of his way to ensure that people only have one person to complain about... Him... ::LOL::

Nick C
June 16th, 2011, 11:44
Yeah, and Notch goes way out of his way to ensure that people only have one person to complain about... Him... ::LOL::

OK now seriously off topic...but...I'm just dreading the day the torches life is no longer unlimited (as promised), I have thousands of the things planted around, I'd hate to have to re-light them!

warchild
June 16th, 2011, 12:35
Ruh Roh.. do we need a minecraft forum??? ::lol::; yes seriously off topic.. but ya knowww, sometimes that aint such a bad thing.. I just wish he'd lose the snow.. Three months modeling troy only to have it buried under a foot of snow... grrrrr..

anthony31
June 16th, 2011, 15:09
If you just can't get enough of building and creating things in virtual worlds, try Minecraft. It's relaxing and addictive all at once and perfectly takes your mind off the big, bad, unrewarding MSFS world.

But how do you get that damn pig to fly? I can get the saddle on it and ride around a bit but no flying. Until I can work out how to fly the pig I can't see Minecraft being a suitable substitute for FSX :(

warchild
June 16th, 2011, 15:26
::ROFLMAO::

But how do you get that damn pig to fly? I can get the saddle on it and ride around a bit but no flying. Until I can work out how to fly the pig I can't see Minecraft being a suitable substitute for FSX :(

warchild
June 17th, 2011, 09:21
1.6.6 has its own problems.. Torches are permanent yes, but if your world was created before the Biome versions of the game, gods only know what kind of environment your gonna end up with.
My server is running the latest Bukkit with World Guard, World Edit, and Weather God installed and we still cant resolve any of the issues brought on by the Biome versions. Last night we moved our original world aside and created a second world. I'm not gonna give up on the original world though. I've got a couple thousand hours building in it, so does Smoothie, and Nick Degnan. Around the world the Biome updates have ruined a hundred worlds, and thousands of people work. Notch has GOT to fix this..

PS.. AND yes, i WANT TO BUILD A GREAT BLOODY AIRPORT AND HAVE aIRCRAFT IN mINECRAFT AS WELL. ( shameless plug to be kinda on topic )....

fsafranek
June 17th, 2011, 14:46
What was the topic again?

:kilroy:

N2056
June 17th, 2011, 15:09
:icon_lol:

Bjoern
June 18th, 2011, 09:02

Ah, okay. I'm building my stuff on a vanilla 1.6.6 server, hence no troubles.

I really need to complete my castle before I conquer that mountain and erect my hunting lodge there before I...gah, so much to do, so little time!

P.S: No aircraft, but I can kind of see simple airships in future versions. Would be cool at least.

What was the topic again?

:kilroy:

Err...lol

warchild
June 18th, 2011, 09:45
We just started using a mod last night called "Default Commands" which turns out to b inredibly poiwerful. It totally simplified creating multiple worlds and provided solutions for many things that were broken or missing from the vanilla version or even bukkit.. At the moment, our original world which was created before the biome inclusion, is our main creative world. no monsters, just build whatever.. Our second world is a survival world.. Its kinda fun, but the monsters get in the way a lot...
Oh well..
Pam

Bjoern
June 19th, 2011, 08:22
Yeah, especially creepers can be annoying, but that's what torches are for.

In fact, I've walled off and lit up a good part of the local area to have a sanctuary for some R&R. :d

warchild
June 19th, 2011, 10:39
We're setting up under ground and in mountain refuges throughout the continent and linking them with underground railways and tunnels.. Also, a little pluggin called weather god and a stick in your hand make for one very devastating weapon... :D

N2056
June 19th, 2011, 10:59
How about having this side discussion in the "Other Hobbies" forum a few floors down? :kilroy:

michael davies
June 19th, 2011, 14:48
Well that pole axed that discussion :(, pass me another nail to bang in the coffin if you please.