PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft names

Slaine
October 1st, 2008, 23:10
I sure you guys have, like me, an extensive list of available aircraft to fly in our virtual hangars. Choosing a particular one can be a bit of a headache as not all the aircraft of a certain type are listed together. For instance when I want to fly a mossie I have listings of different types over three pages, or three clicks of the green down arrow (I'm waffling now... finding it hard to type want I want to say...lol.. bear with me on this). Is there any way of changing the name so all the mossies are grouped together when you want to chose from the list in game but it doesn't effect the xdp/mos/air etc files ?

Phew... I'll post a screenie in a tick to try and make sense of that ramble :isadizzy:

OberstDanjeje
October 1st, 2008, 23:13
So far as I know u need to modify the name in the .xdp file, no other way

sorry

DonSPa
October 1st, 2008, 23:47
when u open the planes xdp with notepad u will see something like this

<General Allegience="0" LongName="3GB Hurricane Mk 1A" ShortName="3gb_Hurricane_mk1" ModelName="3gb_hurricane_mk1.m3d"

the short name is what u see on the in game list.So the short name is what u can change to whatever naming system suits u to help u find ur planes better,and delete the bdp
Ive done this to several aircraft because i too would get lost in trying to find the planes i want.Because ive downloaded planes that had different folder name than the plane name.Just dont change the modelname or anything else

Slaine
October 2nd, 2008, 00:19
Aaah.. thanks guys. Was hoping a change of the folder name was all that was needed. Looks like another long night of file ammending, I will fly this game one day instead of constantly tinkering with it.

Blimey, you guys were quick off the mark. Just took the kids to school before posting the screenies and lo and behold a couple of answers. Much appreciated :applause: :ernae:

Capt. Winters
October 2nd, 2008, 05:38
Hi Slaine,

as pointed out above its the short name in te XDP file that needs to be changed, just bare it in mind that doing this will cuase missmatch errors should you try to join an online multiplayer game.

I know what you mean though with naming making it hard to track down planes in the list.

regards Rob.