PDA

View Full Version : Question : Carenado FSX Mentor owners

Crusader
June 16th, 2011, 04:52
Any Mentor FSX owners want to chime in on the FSX Mentor . I have had the FS9 version since it came out and love to fly it and then I applied their FS9 port over mods that came out for FSX a long time ago . I don't know how I missed the Full FSX version but I did :
http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=cart34bfsx . There are a ton of FS9 paints , would they work on the FSX model ?

Rich

Thoe6969
June 16th, 2011, 05:07
I've had the FSX version every since it came out and love it,but have not tried any older repaints for it,but I don't think they will work because of the mapping and format,but someone who knows more than me about such things could tell you for sure.

Crusader
June 16th, 2011, 05:23
I've had the FSX version every since it came out and love it,but have not tried any older repaints for it,but I don't think they will work because of the mapping and format,but someone who knows more than me about such things could tell you for sure.

Thanks Thoe6969 , I am going to give it a shot . There seems to be a ton of paints for the T-34 .

Rich

olderndirt
June 16th, 2011, 05:33
If it's not an immediate 'must-have', wait for the next sale. Mine was half price, about right for a model which, I believe, is essentially a portover from FS9. No repaints yet.

bmd
June 16th, 2011, 06:58
Hello,

I have bought the FsX version of the Carenado Mentor from simmarket. I like the bird. It is one of my favorite. The use of Fs99 repaint do not give satisfactory result on my computer. I have found on Avsim a several FsX repaint for the Mentor So I have put aside the older Fs9 repaoints and I use only the FsX repaints.

However, I have done a conversion of one of my Fs9 repaint. I made a copy of the FsX texture folder snd I save it on another appropriate name (for example texture.benoit). Then I made a copy of the following files of the Fs9 repaint:
Carenado_mentor_fuse_T.bmp
Carenado_mentor_fuse2_T.bmp
Carenado_mentor_interior1_T.bmp
I paste them on the texture.benoit folder.

Have a good day

Benoit

Thoe6969
June 16th, 2011, 09:23
Hello,

I have bought the FsX version of the Carenado Mentor from simmarket. I like the bird. It is one of my favorite. The use of Fs99 repaint do not give satisfactory result on my computer. I have found on Avsim a several FsX repaint for the Mentor So I have put aside the older Fs9 repaoints and I use only the FsX repaints.

However, I have done a conversion of one of my Fs9 repaint. I made a copy of the FsX texture folder snd I save it on another appropriate name (for example texture.benoit). Then I made a copy of the following files of the Fs9 repaint:
Carenado_mentor_fuse_T.bmp
Carenado_mentor_fuse2_T.bmp
Carenado_mentor_interior1_T.bmp
I paste them on the texture.benoit folder.

Have a good day

Benoit Thanks for the info,will look for the FSX paints.