PDA

View Full Version : I'm having issues....with dxl.DLL

skyhawka4m
June 15th, 2011, 08:57
Ok, I recently ran an update for what I will leave and un-named payware aircraft and since then I have found that my FSrecorder, and now just noticed my aircraft carrier placement tools of disappeared. I seem to remember at the end of the update a message popped up that the dxl.dll file needed to be "upgraded" so to finish this update.

Now, how do I fix this without loosing something. Do I reload the carriers and FSrecorder and chance loosing the airfraft update?

Thanks

Meshman
June 15th, 2011, 09:59
I think you're referring to the DLL.XML file? This is used by FSX to load additional software into the sim. I find it shocking that some update might corrupt this file... Yes, I'm being a major league smart axx when I type that!

You'll need to find the folder that contains these things, depending upon your OS. On my XP it's located in; C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX

You can open the DLL.XML file with a text editor and see if there's just a single entry for your add on plane or if there are other entries for AICarriers and the rest. Hopefully... when you did the update for the plane it made a backup copy (yeah, right!) of what was there beforehand. If so, some copying and pasting can clear things up. If not, it's would be a matter of adding the necessary lines in to fix things up.

Mis-behaving installers and patches are one of my pet peeves. Like the one that if you uninstalled the program it took out everything where it was installed, along with all the sub-folders. Some poor guy installed the thing into his FSX folder and upon uninstall saw everything get wiped away... I made a few enemies with my comments about that fiasco!

Dag
June 15th, 2011, 12:24
Read here John, one of the last posts that is:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=54384

skyhawka4m
June 15th, 2011, 20:52
Read here John, one of the last posts that is:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=54384

Thanks you Dag! I reinstalled my FSrecorder but I'm trying to figure out whaat I need to do for the carriers.