PDA

View Full Version : 'Faster Than Canon: New Olympus Autofocus System'

Panther_99FS
June 15th, 2011, 08:18
http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-olympus-reinvents-the-af-system-pen-autofocus-faster-than-any-other-mirrorless-cameras-and-faster-than-most-canon-dslr-autofocus/

Kiwikat
June 15th, 2011, 20:15
They're bragging about being faster than the 5D? LOL.

That don't take much! The 5D series wasn't built for speed. The 50D has better AF than the 5D mk II. Compare it to a 7D or 1D mk IV... :mixedsmi:

It probably is faster than a slow Canon.

P.S. Why would you need fast AF with a 12mm lens? A ton is in focus anyways. Kind of like my 8-16mm, it has excellent and speedy autofocus, but what for? Everything is already in focus since it is so wide. What are the other "upcoming new Olympus lenses" that will actually take advantage of fast AF? Do they got a 100-400mm for one of those m 4/3 cameras? :kilroy:

Panther_99FS
June 16th, 2011, 09:06
It's an interchangeable lens system camera so the 12mm point is moot...

Kiwikat
June 16th, 2011, 15:52
It's an interchangeable lens system camera so the 12mm point is moot...

That's why I asked what other new lenses will take advantage of the AF system... :wavey:

The article made it sound like the 12mm was special and focused better than the other lenses. Because of the "large" max aperture maybe? Or am I reading into it too much?

A small system like that with a 400mm lens would be cool. I don't look forward to hiking with a 200-400 or 500... :mixedsmi: