PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to Javier?

navychief8
June 13th, 2011, 08:01
Does anyone know what happened to Javier Fernandez "AKA Thrawn"? He was working on an 80's version of his Nimitz and A USS Midway but, I have not seen him on any boards for a long time.

Thrawn
June 13th, 2011, 12:24
Does anyone know what happened to Javier Fernandez "AKA Thrawn"? He was working on an 80's version of his Nimitz and A USS Midway but, I have not seen him on any boards for a long time.

Hi! I´ve been quite a little too busy at work for the last months, but hopefully I´ll be able to resume my work on the 80's version this summer.

Walter
June 13th, 2011, 12:26
And he magically appears!!! :jump:

Walter :icon_lol:

fallenphoenix1986
June 13th, 2011, 12:55
Woohoo my Tomcats will nolonger feel awkward being surrounded by superbugs, also said superbugs will no longer feel inadequate every time a Cat traps in their nest :jump:

Looking forward to it when its ready, heard you had retired and had long since given up hope of seing the 80's airwing.

Craig

expat
June 14th, 2011, 01:54
Excellent news! My Crusaders, Phantoms and Viggies are absolutely craving a Javier made USS Midway . .

Dino Cattaneo
June 14th, 2011, 07:24
@Javier

Good to hear that the new carrier may still see the light!
I am releasing a ramake of the Goshawk soon...and a remake of the Tomcat is in the works. Needless to say, your carriers are in 99% of my test flights and I am still amazed by their quality.

I hope they will work in Flight - as I doubt that the default ones from Microsoft will be that good.

Cirrus N210MS
June 14th, 2011, 07:46
your carriers rock Keep up the great work :salute:

Sludge
August 9th, 2011, 20:58
Javier...

Glad to see you are back. Use your carriers all the time and other than re-flying the default missions every year or so, I dont even remember what the Acceleration carriers look like.

I have a question. In your models, can you change the Meatball from 4.0 to 3.5 glideslope? Or is it hard-coded and stuck at 4.0?

Thanks
Sludge

MenendezDiego
August 9th, 2011, 21:00
Excellent news! My Crusaders, Phantoms and Viggies are absolutely craving a Javier made USS Midway . .

Did someone say Crusaders as in F-8? Do we have a native F-8? (besides Virtavia)

TARPSBird
August 10th, 2011, 02:31
Did someone say Crusaders as in F-8? Do we have a native F-8? (besides Virtavia)
Although originally for FS9 there's a FSX upgrade of the excellent F-8E(FN) by Roland Laborie and crew and there are some USN/USMC repaints for it. Back in June there was a thread here that discussed possibly a FSX-native F-8 gunfighter and RF-8G photo bird being developed in the future. I'd love to see both of those birds show up eventually, along with the SOH project S-2 Tracker/E-1 Tracer/C-1 Trader assortment.
And also count me among those who would love to see a Midway-class CVA in FSX, preferably USS Coral Sea (CVA-43) circa 1968-70.

hae5904
August 10th, 2011, 05:25
I know Sylvain Parouty is going to build one! With his Etendard package in mind you know how the quality will be....AWESOME!! :applause:

Hank

TARPSBird
August 10th, 2011, 13:43
I thought it was Sylvain who posted on the earlier F-8 thread but wasn't sure. And yes, if the 'Saders would just be the equals of the RFN's Etendard and Zephyr I'd be in hog heaven. :)

sepp666
August 7th, 2012, 01:14
Woohoo my Tomcats will nolonger feel awkward being surrounded by superbugs, also said superbugs will no longer feel inadequate every time a Cat traps in their nest :jump:

Looking forward to it when its ready, heard you had retired and had long since given up hope of seing the 80's airwing.

Craig

My words Craig!!!

Could we expect that we get the 80´s Nimitz at the next time Javier? Now that the Team SDB USS Enterprise is released, you´ll have to finish the Nimitz with Tomcats on Deck!

Please, we need "The Final Countdown and -=Top=GUN=-" -Style Nimitz!!!

At last I wanted to say that I´m very thankfull for your Nimitz and Eisenhower, very very nice Work!

sepp666
September 2nd, 2012, 08:11
Javier,no comment? I really hope that he's doing it.

Seahawk72s
January 12th, 2013, 09:01
Hi! I´ve been quite a little too busy at work for the last months, but hopefully I´ll be able to resume my work on the 80's version this summer.

Does anyone kknow of any updates..?

jagl04
January 12th, 2013, 12:22
Me alegro enormemente de saber que sigues en activo. Un abrazo

(Glad to see you again)

Ian Warren
January 12th, 2013, 12:39
And also count me among those who would love to see a Midway-class CVA in FSX, preferably USS Coral Sea (CVA-43) circa 1968-70.
Any one off the two but since I said 2 better make it USS Midway (CVA-41) +2 if you cannot decide :cool: ... In any case when this class gets launched the cry will then going out for a Phantom :icon_eek:

AusWilko
January 12th, 2013, 12:44
Oh yeah, please give us a phantom.. it has to be one of the more sort after planes in fsx surely

snow_white
January 13th, 2013, 04:25
Oh yeah, please give us a phantom.. it has to be one of the more sort after planes in fsx surely

more sort after planes...?? :icon29:

AusWilko
January 13th, 2013, 04:36
more sort after planes...?? :icon29:

wanted plane... sorry, writing when relaxing on R&R with a home made scotch or three is not so wise :icon_lol:

Mickey D
January 13th, 2013, 04:59
wanted plane... sorry, writing when relaxing on R&R with a home made scotch or three is not so wise :icon_lol:
PSST! Is the still on wheels? Do you export to the UK? :icon_lol:

AusWilko
January 13th, 2013, 11:15
/whisper/ you can buy all the stuff in a corner shop, all of my friends make it as well, can do a top notch bottle of scotch or bourbon or any sort of drink for about 9 bucks versus the 50 odd in the shop, got a wash on now to make a honey scotch and a honey bourbon for the inlaws to take away with them, my wife drinks a choc mint liqueur I make or a strawberry cocktale mix, I enjoy a smokey oak flavoured scotch /whisper/

On topic, flying off carriers has reinvigorated me with fsx, I was in a slump but this has got me flying again and realy enjoying it- a huge thanks to the talented people who make this possible :salute:

sepp666
January 24th, 2014, 04:52
Another year passed by and no 80's Nimitz (home of the Jolly Rogers)... Maybe when the Aerosoft F-14 is out, we will hear something?! Javier?! Javier?! ...knock knock... :pop4:

Navy Chief
January 26th, 2016, 07:36
Just wondering if Javier is still designing creations? His carriers are so great, and I personally believe they are one of the best creations, ever, for flight simulation! :encouragement: NC

Dino Cattaneo
January 28th, 2016, 06:02
Afaik Javier is still working on flight simulation add-ons. Like most of us developers (which do not do this for living) I guess that finding the time for flight simulation may be difficult.
I had the chance to see a bit of his latest experiments and they look really cool and very promising.
I am not sure I cannot disclose the project - but it will be worth the wait.

In any case, his Nimitz is surely a masterpiece - and the fact that it still looks fantastic after so many years is unbelievable.

Cees Donker
January 28th, 2016, 22:13
Just wondering if Javier is still designing creations? His carriers are so great, and I personally believe they are one of the best creations, ever, for flight simulatio NC

Hear, hear! The best!

:applause:

Cees

Seahawk72s
July 22nd, 2017, 03:23
Afaik Javier is still working on flight simulation add-ons. Like most of us developers (which do not do this for living) I guess that finding the time for flight simulation may be difficult.
I had the chance to see a bit of his latest experiments and they look really cool and very promising.
I am not sure I cannot disclose the project - but it will be worth the wait.

Anyone know what Javier might have been working on or if he still does add-ons..?

Seahawk72s
July 22nd, 2017, 05:55
Is it possible this is Javier's work..?
A Kitty Hawk.
At https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=aeronaves%20militares%20prepard3d%2Ffsx

Ripcord
July 22nd, 2017, 07:04
Anyone know what Javier might have been working on or if he still does add-ons..?

I am in contact with him. He has agreed to do some testing for our project, and he is very supportive.

He did have some plans to do some new ships, but I do not know where he is in that process. Might be just plans for now.

Ripcord
July 22nd, 2017, 07:05
Is it possible this is Javier's work..?
A Kitty Hawk.
At https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=aeronaves%20militares%20prepard3d%2Ffsx

No. This is another guy that modifies and updates assets that are freely available.

Seahawk72s
July 22nd, 2017, 07:26
No. This is another guy that modifies and updates assets that are freely available.

Thanks for the info and help. I'll follow your project..it looks good..!