PDA

View Full Version : EZ-GPS_V4 at Abacus

falcon409
June 12th, 2011, 21:21
The folks who haven't seen this or gotten a notice in their e-mails might give this a look. I didn't mess with the original FS9 version, only because at the time I was having trouble just figuring out the default GPS, let alone buy another one, lol.

As with all of the products that Abacus makes available, it has a "Try before you buy" download which, as near as I can tell is full featured for 6 days before it has to either be bought or uninstalled. I downloaded it this afternoon, installed it in about 7 different airplanes (installation is a cinch) and it says it's good until the 19th.

It has a whole lot of functions and I won't even attempt to list them all here, but at $19 US, I found it very well put together and it's probably something I'll purchase.:salute:

tracyq144
June 13th, 2011, 06:08
Interesting, let us know how it turns out if you do decide to purchase, and/or do the demo.

Myself, I am a little leery of Abacus since a bad experience with them in the FS95 days.

falcon409
June 13th, 2011, 06:53
Interesting, let us know how it turns out if you do decide to purchase, and/or do the demo.Myself, I am a little leery of Abacus since a bad experience with them in the FS95 days.Well, I am doing the demo, that's why I posted the information and why there's a "Try Before You Buy" option. Download it and give it a try.As far as having had bad experiences, nothing unusual there. They are terrible about answering support questions in a timely manner (under 2 weeks). I just overlook it and go on.

fsafranek
June 13th, 2011, 10:28
Is there any sort of Build Number under Help/About besides v4? I bought a copy a couple years ago during one of their seasonal sales but honestly haven't installed it. Like yourself I felt I had my hands full enough with the default GPS. But I saw this as a great price not to be missed.
:ernae:

fsafranek
June 13th, 2011, 10:31
Interesting, let us know how it turns out if you do decide to purchase, and/or do the demo.

Myself, I am a little leery of Abacus since a bad experience with them in the FS95 days.
I always had good luck with them and used to write product reviews back in the days when Simflight did those sort of things as well beta testing for them with the original Aircraft Factory, FSDS, and VASS products.

Their aircraft are typically not as good as those we all rave about here (but some are quite nice) but they are priced fairly and as a result they sell circles around anything else.

falcon409
June 13th, 2011, 10:56
Is there any sort of Build Number under Help/About besides v4? I bought a copy a couple years ago during one of their seasonal sales but honestly haven't installed it. Like yourself I felt I had my hands full enough with the default GPS. But I saw this as a great price not to be missed.
I have to assume this will be a newer version. I wasn't able to find a build number however the version number is 4.0.7.

fsafranek
June 13th, 2011, 11:21
I have to assume this will be a newer version. I wasn't able to find a build number however the version number is 4.0.7.
Thanks. I'll have to see what I have here.