PDA

View Full Version : '2 Incredible Bands Performing Together'

Panther_99FS
December 7th, 2008, 19:30
FukCbLX6XMk

Sde9YckM87c

Navy Chief
December 8th, 2008, 09:09
Earth Wind and Fire are fantastic performers! Am not that big of a Chicago fan however. I have walked out on only two concerts in my life: Chicago, and Hall & Oates. I went to my first (and only) Chicago concert way back in 1971, at the Indianapolis Coliseum. Left the concert before it was half over. Years later, I did the same thing when attending a Hall & Oates concert at the Indianapolis Convention Center. In both cases, the bands just stunk. In my opinion, some performers should just stick to the recording booths! Chicago Transit Authority's first LP was outstanding. And Hall & Oates "Abandoned Luncheonette" LP is still one of my favorites.

However, Earth Wind and Fire is another matter altogether! I have never had the privilege of seeing them perform live. I have two of their concert dvds. I swear it is impossible to sit still while watching them!

NC

GT182
December 9th, 2008, 08:00
Earth Wind and Fire is goooood. :applause:

Chicago lost it when Peter Citera left and will never be the same. Same as Journey losing it when Steve Perry left. But, poo happens and things must change.

Navy Chief
December 9th, 2008, 13:22
I put on my Earth, Wind & Fire - Live At Montreux dvd. They are SO talented, and their choreography is amazing.........

NC

Panther_99FS
December 9th, 2008, 15:07
There's nothing better than live music...:applause:

Navy Chief
December 9th, 2008, 16:12
Rare Earth's live version of "Get Ready" is awesome.

Here's the 45 rpm, abbreviated version:

zP_0Z51VYL4

NC

Panther_99FS
December 9th, 2008, 16:17
:applause::applause::applause:

smilo
December 9th, 2008, 16:32
my wife and I are going to Seattle Friday night to see the Tower of Power at a Jazz/Dinner Club. we have a front row table.
I haven't seen those guys for 20 years. I am jacked!! :jump:

Navy Chief
December 9th, 2008, 17:15
You Tube is an amazing thing, you know?

Here's a favorite performer of my wife and mine:

Michael Johnson...., of "Bluer Than Blue" fame:

gdDSJ2NddyE

NC

GT182
December 9th, 2008, 17:27
He's one of my favorites too Chief. The song of his I like the most is "Ponies", but I can't find it on YouTube.

Next is Give Me Wings.......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dw_nKwMroSY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dw_nKwMroSY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>