PDA

View Full Version : Nieuport 17.C1 with full Field Mods installed

FAC257
June 9th, 2011, 16:15
Here's the cockpit view of the Nieuport 17.C1 that I'm using in my first Career Mode campaign. It's set up with the full Field Mod pack with the Collimator Sight, Anemometer, Altimeter, Compass and Night Light.

Not a bad little aircraft at all. I'm 14 days into the campaign and have shot down 2 Fokker E.III aircraft and 2 balloons so far. Had another Fokker kill but didn't get credited for it. Been wounded and hospitalized twice. Almost got captured after shooting down one of the Fokkers. After the dogfight, I noticed the engine didn't sound right so I headed back across no-man's land. Sure enough the engine stopped turning right when I crossed back over into friendly territory. Had to plop her down in a field.

The new Career Mode is still looking really good. Definitly the most fun I have had flying a combat sim since Falcon4-AF stopped working.

FAC

GT182
June 9th, 2011, 18:12
Nice screenshots FAC. You flying for GB or the US?

FAC257
June 9th, 2011, 18:46
I'm flying for the French Esc.N3 based at Cachy Airfield.

When I started this first Career Mode campaign I just went looking for the earliest start date I could find. This is where I ended up.

My little squadron is taking a beating. I lost both wingmen on the last mission and they were more experience than I am. Currently we have more Nieuport 17s then we do pilots. I hope some replacement pilots are part of the campaign system. :)

FAC

lucas81
June 10th, 2011, 01:20
Hi,

yes, you should get new flight members soon. I also started a N.3 career and I, too, have field mods for the Nieuports (also for N.11 and N.28).
Lucas

GT182
June 10th, 2011, 08:18
Then France it will be. Parlez vous Frankiezickie? LOL

FAC257
June 10th, 2011, 10:05
We'll be looking for you along the front. :salute:

I'm planning on getting more Field Mods dependant on which aircraft become available for me during the course of the campaign.

FAC

lucas81
June 13th, 2011, 08:26
Good idea! Personally, I bought the Field mods for the planes which I am using the most of my flying time, which are:
- HP O/400
- Gotha
- N.11, N.17, N.28
- SE5a
- Dolphin
- Pfalz D.XII

+ free mods for the SPAD 13 and Albatros D.Va
As for the rest of the planes... well, I got used to flying without some gauges :) Iam flying mostly the Entante planes and I just needed few upgrades, especially for the SE5a, because I missed the Aldis gunsight for that one :)

Lucas

GT182
June 13th, 2011, 12:10
Got to fly a bit in a couple of Quick Missions. But without my Cougar software installed I'm afraid controlling any type of aircraft is out of the question for now. Gotta find my cd first and calibrat my stick. I can say tho that the graphics are top notch. The Devs did a great job. :salute: