PDA

View Full Version : C-40 released by Ariane Designs

strykerpsg
June 8th, 2011, 19:56
Here is the latest from Ariane Designs. Absoluletly beautiful and highly detailed bird, but with a very hefty price point so be forewarned.

Matt

http://arianedesign.com/

Daveroo
June 9th, 2011, 00:28
very cool,,thanks for the heads up.....been looking for some qualirty 737s....

strykerpsg
June 19th, 2011, 11:26
Just a couple of screenies. Their VC is awesome!

http://arianedesign.com/modules/assets/master/fsx%202011-01-04%2022-19-27-75.jpghttp://arianedesign.com/modules/assets/master/fsx%202011-01-04%2022-02-26-83.jpg

Kiwikat
June 19th, 2011, 15:05
Wait for PMDG's 737.

Don't waste your money at Ariane. They've got way more customer support horror stories than most other developers combined. Look on AVSIM forums if you don't know what I mean.

Buyer beware!

CG_1976
June 19th, 2011, 15:59
That company is one reason why I bought a Ifly 737 and will also buy the upcoming PMDG 737. That's my way to protest there customer service. The quality of customer service and feedback is critical to me as the end user and both PMDG and Ifly have outstanding teams and support and great respect for each other in professionalism. This is just my Opion and not reflecting others.

Roadburner440
June 19th, 2011, 17:23
That model looks really nice!! Being a loyal PMDG customer though will have to pass and wait for the NGX.. Although that C-40 makes passing very very hard... Plus it is $100 :icon_eek:.

Walter
June 19th, 2011, 17:30
Shouldn't there be a line that payware prices shouldn't cross? I think around $60 or something, 'cuz anything more that $40 is steep (For me). I say $60 because of the A2A accusim stuff.

$100 is insane! lol

Walter :icon_lol:

AndyE1976
June 19th, 2011, 18:02
I'm going to wait until the PMDG 737 comes out. The Ariane version is very expensive, although it seems system wise it's a quality product, but the screenshots on their website don't really live up to a $100 product.

Will keep an eye on them anyway.

strykerpsg
June 19th, 2011, 21:43
As stated, their customer service is at times dicey, although I think Ed has done a much better job of late trying to attract more with honey instead of vinegar. I own their 700 and 900ER and they are without a doubt a premier add on. They are quite a bit spendy but also modelled in great detail, on the order of Accusim and PMDG.

Reflecting back on their history, it was their product activation that was very draconian. Apparently they experienced piracy at some point and the developer became overly gunshy, to the magnitude of obsessive. Bottom line is they have some great 737 models and because of their initial operations with customer service, many have shyed away.

Anyway, not a fanboy of theirs, but just wanted to share information for anyone interested. I too have been patiently awaiting a PMDG NGX, for a long time, which brought me to Ariane. I have found the Ariane birds to be of first rate quality and going to be tough to beat in terms of depth. Perhaps, once the PMDG NGX is released, they may change their price marks.

Matt

Roadburner440
June 20th, 2011, 04:24
Yeah. I just have no experience with them. I would have shelled out money in a heart beat most likely for the C-40, but I have already sunk $300 into the paper manuals for PMDG's NGX. No regret about that by any stretch. I may pick it up at some point, but will most likely wait for a sale. Cause having the C-40 with the seats and combi door would be cool.. Do you guys know if we can remove/install the seats depending on what configuration we want. Or is it modeled the way it is, and we are stuck with that configuration?

Scratch
June 20th, 2011, 15:40
At that price I don't care if it would fetch my beer and tell me how handsome I was. That is way too far over the top esp. with their history of burnt customers.

strykerpsg
June 20th, 2011, 15:46
Yeah. I just have no experience with them. I would have shelled out money in a heart beat most likely for the C-40, but I have already sunk $300 into the paper manuals for PMDG's NGX. No regret about that by any stretch. I may pick it up at some point, but will most likely wait for a sale. Cause having the C-40 with the seats and combi door would be cool.. Do you guys know if we can remove/install the seats depending on what configuration we want. Or is it modeled the way it is, and we are stuck with that configuration?

You certainly can control your configuration. Many on their forums are talking about CG issues when trying to trim her for all aspects of flight when combining pallets and seats. It seems the only person that wasn't supporting the initial report of a bug was a current C-40 pilot and he set the record straight with regards to the true flight characteristics of the C-40 when configured in a load that would normally not be tolerated in a commercial variant. The one pic I couldn't find was their VC and it's remarkable HUD, very easy to read during all aspects of flight.

Anyway, I know the price mark for some is pretty steep, but if you just paid $300 for the PMDG manuals, I think you'll appreciate this one in your hangar. I admittedly would like to see some additional paints, as I agree that the current one is not the best I've seen, but it's doable.

Matt