PDA

View Full Version : 1.019 The big update is here. 641mb download now in progress.

NSS
June 7th, 2011, 09:08
A blatent copy from the ROF website.

My download is going well.

Remember to backup your ROF folder just in case....

Version 1.019
Hello dear Friends and Pilots!
We are proud to present you the newest version of our flight simulator, version 1.019. It's a relief to finally write these words as the release of version 1.019 has been many months in the making involving so much hard work of the entire team. With these words and the downloading of the update, a new phase for Rise of Flight begins. And taking advantage of this opportunity, I would like to give a huge thanks to those incredible people who made this version a reality – the ROF Development Team. Guys, I'm extremely proud that I work in such an awesome team and I know the rest of the management team feels the same way. A special thank you to all that you participated in the development of this update project. Many members of the community provided stories and text (too many people to name here, but you know who you are) that we have included in this update and other new partners like SYN_Vander have provided us with improvements to our game map. Simply put, I work with the best crew in the solar system. http://riseofflight.com/Blogs/editors/tiny_mce3/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif
This is one of the biggest update of ROF ever. We have included many different elements and features that were set aside from the first release of the project. Some of them are really big, like a new Career mode, some minor, like a rope in the cockpit of S.E.5a. But everything is very important to us. First of all, I remind you about some precautions. Jason has already warned you on the forum about some actions that will help avoid unnecessary complications. I just want to remind you once again to follow Jason’s advice. First, the size of the update is big (650 MB) and for those who have an unstable Internet connection, we recommend that you copy the entire game folder to a safe place. Thus, you get a backup copy of the game version 1.018 so if a problem occurs you will be able to play in offline mode until you or we eliminate the issue. Second, if the update did not properly install you can try again, starting with the previous version which will allow you to try again much faster. If the folder size is too large, then you can remove the skins, it will reduce the size of the folder to backup, and skins can be installed by you later. I ask you to start the backup as soon as you are finished reading my post.
We have completed a re-vamp of graphics support in our project by adding support for more powerful video cards. The maximum graphics settings are now truly maximum settings and any further increase to the quality of the image depends only on the quality of the content, but not the technologies of our engine. All this can be found in the settings of the ROF launcher, but I ask all of those who own a “not very powerful PC” to understand that most of these new graphics features require massive PC power. So please do not expect that you will get to benefit from these new features on less powerful PC. All new settings are mainly for owners of more powerful graphics cards. Tests show that you get roughly the same FPS as in version 1.018 at comparable settings. It was one of our main tasks for this improvement. Jason has posted a comprehensive Graphics Primer (http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=20189) on the forum that everyone should read to understand what we have done.
The Breguet 14B (http://riseofflight.com/en/store/planes/Breguet_14B2) is ready to take to the ROF sky! This aircraft has surprised us with its flight characteristics when compared with its not too thoroughbred appearance. He will deliver a lot of pleasure in piloting and combat missions. It’s a great all-around aircraft that should add a new dimension to ROF combat and missions.
For the first time in the flight-sim genre (as far as we know) two new fantastic mission types will be introduced – Arty Spotting and Aerial Recon. The missions allow you to use scouts and spotters for their historical purpose. We used the opportunities presented by the internal logic of ROF to create these new and truly interactive missions that should add a whole new feeling to single player mode. We hope that you enjoy it, and if they prove successful it could be just the beginning of a new journey and maybe a completely new path in the genre of flight simulators. These new mission types of missions have been applied to the new Career Mode. They should also be able to be available for Multiplayer, although we have not had time to test this yet.
Finally, the main star of this update is the new Career Mode, which was the main goal of this update after months of difficult development. It was a concept in our heads from the very beginning and we are finally able to release it only after 2 years of further development. As you can see a project like ROF is not easy and takes time. This is a very unique mode of gameplay. It has no set beginning or set end and total gameplay time of the new Career is easily few thousand hours. It includes elements from books, diaries, biographies and military history. It creates an excellent foundation or plot, which in addition to your imagination can make a sort of memoir with narrative bibliographic depth and accuracy. Before we began making a WWI sim, when we were game players in the community like you, we were reading memoirs of pilots, imagining all of the dogfights vividly as if we were there participating in each fight by ourselves. The aim of our work in the new Career Mode was to create a sort of "memoir generator" for you. Now you can create unique experiences and complex or simple fates for pilots who can to become legends or simply die in the first air battles under your command. On the other hand, all players of the new Career mode will be united by common conditions and will be able to see each other's achievements as the progress in a squadron. Even with identical initial conditions each pilot’s virtual life will be unique and no two Career paths will be identical.
We have accomplished almost everything that we have planned, but we know that you are the most demanding of users, and we are sure that you will find some errors that we missed or you will ask for some additional changes. It’s because no one better than you can tell us what you're interested in. So with this in mind, we have not removed the “Beta” sign from the new Career mode in this release. It will be uncharted territory for our servers, mission generators and the whole system and we hope for your understanding and assistance in catching and correcting any bugs that may appear. We hope that the debugging period by our team will be minimal. The same applies to the localization of some elements of the Career Mode in different languages. The amount of information is huge and we simply cannot cope without your help with translation. There will be special threads in the forum for these two issues - one for General Bugs (http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=20441) and one for localization issues for each language – English (http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=20442), German (http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=20443), French (http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=20444) and Spanish (http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=20445).
Many thanks to all those who supported us through continued Pre-Orders for planes and field modifications. This support has given us a chance to finish the development of the new Career Mode and allowed us adopt a plan for some bold new aircraft that will be released by the end of 2011. Thank you for your trust and patience! It is a rare commodity in the modern world.
Now go make your backup of the ROF folder and you are ready to begin. You can read complete information about this version in our forum as always.
//1.019 download start=true;
//print="Good luck";
//1.020 work start=true;
//Bristol fighter airplane preorder=in progress.
Proudly,
Loft and the ROF Team

FAC257
June 7th, 2011, 15:32
I just started a Career in 1916 and flew the first couple of missions.

First impression is that it is a complete blast.

I had mission objectives, but what actually happened during the flights was unpredictable. I had to deviate from orders on both outtings. One was to intercept a recon plane and the second was to drop down on some bad guys straffing one of our airfields.

Interesting, interesting, interesting!

The new home airfield Career planning, news and stats screen is very cool. With World Career stats turned on I already recognized a familar name in the list.

Two big thumbs up so far for the ROF team. They just opened up a whole new world of fun. :applause:

FAC

Whitehawk
June 7th, 2011, 22:23
//Bristol fighter airplane preorder=in progress.

So far I'm seeing nothing but good from this patch, performance is as good or better, it looks better with the higher settings, the field mods are in AND this news! Brisfit! :jump::jump:

Ferry_vO
June 8th, 2011, 02:18
Thaqnks for the H/U, haven't touched RoF in a while but I will download the update this weekend!

NSS
June 8th, 2011, 08:02
I am just loving the new carrer mode.

ROF just got better than I thought possible.

GT182
June 9th, 2011, 18:15
I have just installed ROF and it did it's Update thing. Would 1.019 be the one installed? This was done even before I got into the sim so there was no backup done.

Oh, is anyone using the Tracker IR?

Whitehawk
June 9th, 2011, 22:19
I'm using Track IR, it's a must for me in combat sims now!

lucas81
June 10th, 2011, 01:22
I have just installed ROF and it did it's Update thing. Would 1.019 be the one installed? This was done even before I got into the sim so there was no backup done.

It should be. If you had an obsolete version, the Game would ask you to update while you are entering your login/password.

GT182
June 10th, 2011, 08:16
Lucas, it asked just after the install and before I setup my account and logged into the sim. I'll check it out once I get my Tracker and Cougar HOTAS installed.... once again.

What should I look for to know if it's the newest patch? My ROF dvd disc is the Iron Cross Edition.

And thanks Whitehawk.... that made my day. I can't fly without my Tracker. :ernae:

FAC257
June 10th, 2011, 11:29
A couple of the most noticable visual clues for 1.019 are the new opening splash screen and the "Career b" added to the bottom of the hanger menu. Before 1.019 the splash screen was completely different and the "Career b" was not in the menu choices.

New opening screen:

"Career b"

FAC

GT182
June 10th, 2011, 12:02
Beautiful... it worked. I have the new slash screen and Career B. All is well. Thanks FAC. :salute:

Gdavis101
June 11th, 2011, 15:17
I know what I am doing tonight!