PDA

View Full Version : Classics Hangar

bearcat241
June 6th, 2011, 21:16
Can someone please direct me to the source of this repaint. I saved this screenie from probably this forum back in 12/09 and kept no other info on it. All i do know is its bearing the emblem of JG1.

Thanks in advance

Mathias
June 6th, 2011, 23:27
Bearcat, that is one of the paints that is included with the Fw 190 late variants, Fw 190 A-7 of 2/JG 1.

bearcat241
June 7th, 2011, 03:45
Ahhhh....thanks buddy. You jogged my memory...LOL. Now i remember where i first saw this.

I've enjoyed flying the 190 in CFS2/3 and FS9 for so long that i put this purchase off until now. I'm still a relative newcomer to FSX. I came across this screenie again last night while browsing my saved FS pictures and the paint job motivated me to move on this. Better late than never i guess.

CheerZ! :ernae:

msfossey
June 7th, 2011, 17:50
Bearcat, does this Fw190 convert to CFS2 easily or do you have to work some of your personal magic on it? I just bought FSX but I'm not sure if it will run on my older machine. Been thinking of buying the 190 when I get FSX installed and running on a newer machine however, it it runs well in CFS2 there is no point in waiting. Appreciate any into you can provide.

thanks,
msfossey

bearcat241
June 8th, 2011, 04:29
Bearcat, does this Fw190 convert to CFS2 easily or do you have to work some of your personal magic on it? I just bought FSX but I'm not sure if it will run on my older machine. Been thinking of buying the 190 when I get FSX installed and running on a newer machine however, it it runs well in CFS2 there is no point in waiting. Appreciate any into you can provide.

thanks,
msfossey

Sorry sir...until someone masters the conversion methods of FSX to CFS2, this one will not see action in CFS2. I'm buying this one strictly for the FSX eye-candy factor.

IIRC, there's a recent tutorial somewhere for the FSX to CFS2 process, done by Milton Shupe maybe (???). I thought i possessed it at one point, but can't locate it at the moment. But even if i could locate it, considering the way these FSX kites are constructed, i'm not too enthusiastic about jumping. I could probably master GMAX quicker...LOL

msfossey
June 8th, 2011, 10:29
Thanks Bearcat, I'll have to buy the 190 once I get FSX up and running. Really appreciate your help and input.

Thanks,
msfossey