PDA

View Full Version : This just warmed my coffee

aeromed202
June 6th, 2011, 12:35
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=137008113

After going through a nightmare with T-Mobile that about ruined my credit for 4 years because of their incompetence, I just grinned when I read this.

Roadburner440
June 6th, 2011, 13:29
Is about time that the little person wins... I really think if I were in that situation, and it was looking to go the other way I would have just burned the house down to spite the bank. If I was going to loose it anyway, and knew I bought it outright they sure wouldn't get it! Just sucks they can take advantage of people that aren't even in the wrong. Is one thing if you owe them, and bought more house than you can afford and default. Then you need to give it back to the bank, but geez these people didn't owe them a dime.

Dangerousdave26
June 6th, 2011, 13:53
This does not hardly sound right.

pay the couple's $2,534 attorney fees.You would think that after that much time messing with this bank to straighten this out there would have been a few more 00 tucked on the end.

@ Roadburner440

This has been happening more than you know. There have been dozens of true foreclosure cases that the banks have made mistakes and forged documents that have lead Judges to award the homes to the owner free and clear.

The problem lies in the fact that somewhere along the line of giving mortgages to people they figured they no longer had to follow the rules of how mortgages are filed (or where they are filed). Banks stopped filing the proper paper work (to save money I guess) that meant they did not have to pay the filing fees with the respective county that the home is in. They also did not have have to pay the filing fees for each time the mortgage was reassigned or sold (which happens at the drop of a hat). Now they have their butts in a sling. The customers are defaulting because of the bad economy and they have put themselves in a position where they have no legal claim to foreclose on the property. The only way for them to do it is to forge documents.

To the home owner who can prove this its gold or at least a good chance to get your home for almost free.

Now don't get me wrong. What you owe is what you owe and if you owe it you should pay it. With that in mind the banks also better be willing to play by the rules or be prepared to lose the property.

Here is another report on the same story complete with an interview.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/watercooler/article/178031/176/Florida-Homeowner-Forecloses-On-Bank-Of-America

andersel
June 6th, 2011, 15:36
I just read that story on another website and it both warmed my heart and sent a chill through me at the same time. The proportion of "the little guy wins" stories and "the little guy gets stomped on by the big guy" stories is too lopsided on the side of the big, rich, powerful andpolitically conected guy. It's textbook Oligarchy. APTTP!

LA

SpitXIV
June 7th, 2011, 21:34
I think if the supervisor of the bank had an emergency, and me being an officer of the law
and going thru what that officer did. I would take my time getting to said emergency.