PDA

View Full Version : cupla links

egypt23spitfire
October 1st, 2008, 22:00
....one to please....(not new, but interesting)
...and one to scare yer socks off(if yer the ocean playground type hehe)

Link Removed

..http://www.fishingkites.co.nz/sharks/greatwhitesharkattack.html

Tango_Romeo
October 1st, 2008, 22:18
....a pirate site that posts the work of others and claims it as it's own. :kilroy:

Blue Devil
October 1st, 2008, 22:26
Hey Egypt, ...

...Thought AbSquad was full of bugs, ...not to mention pirate stuff. (No Collin, ...not THAT pirate stuff...)

The word was Delete/Erase/Shred ALL files/DL's from there, ...and mark the site w/ "skull'N'cross-bones."

Tango_Romeo
October 1st, 2008, 22:32
Thought AbSquad was full of bugs.

....too! :d

Willy
October 1st, 2008, 22:56
Please don't be posting links to known pirate sites.

Willy

egypt23spitfire
October 1st, 2008, 23:04
...............sooooooo sorry guys
...........seems i "trangressed the unwritten law":banghead:
........shoulda known better and realised with so much EXE's about on that site
..........kill kill kill kill kill kill

....yeah but cha got a helpless serated teeth tingle with the other site huh:isadizzy:

OBIO
October 1st, 2008, 23:18
Please don't be posting links to known pirate sites.

Willy

Not even the ones with really good prices on peg legs and Parrots? :costumes:

OBIO

egypt23spitfire
October 1st, 2008, 23:52
.....SCUSE MY IGNORANCE but where is the PIRATE list kept??:wiggle:

Jagdflieger
October 2nd, 2008, 05:15
Egypt,

I think that it is more of a corporate memory than a written list.

While not the absolute worst, Absquad is probably onr of the worst sites as far a flight sims goes.

Blue Devil
October 2nd, 2008, 07:37
.....SCUSE MY IGNORANCE but where is the PIRATE list kept??:wiggle:

In the U.S. Congress, ...

...w/ the "sex education for kindergardners", "No doc/No down Mortgage loan", and the "Wall Street bail-out" stuff...

...Just do a search for Democrat, ...can't miss it.

OBIO
October 2nd, 2008, 10:37
Egypt

My list of usable and trusted Sim Sites:

SOH/Combatfs...of course

Flightsim.com

AVsim.com

Simviation.com

Netwings.org

AVhistory.com

Suclaro.com....don't use it much, but have found not glaring issues with it.

FSDome.com.....again, not one I use a lot, but have heard nothing bad about it.

If I had stuck to my own list of Go-To sites, I would not have a virus/trojan/worm on my nice powerful system.

Sites to avoid for various reasons:

ABSquad....out right piracy and flagrant violation of copyright policy

Simnetwork.com.....will strip read me files from planes, will host files even when the read me file says not to reupload/rehost to any site without permission, and that incredible long wait to download a file (something like 20 minutes the last time I took a peek over there).

I wish I could remember the name of the site I downloaded the Mariner from that attacked my system. It was an odd one. Gamepedia.games.com or something like that.

OBIO

bearcat241
October 2nd, 2008, 11:12
In the U.S. Congress, ...

...w/ the "sex education for kindergardners", "No doc/No down Mortgage loan", and the "Wall Street bail-out" stuff...

...Just do a search for Democrat, ...can't miss it.

Just un$%^$#believable Dirtman :isadizzy:...as a old bipartisan (read politically independent) mortgage banker, i can't even imagine the effort you must have put into connecting these far-flung dots to Dem's only :costumes:

Imagination is a beautiful thing, eh? :applause:

Corsair Freak
October 2nd, 2008, 11:17
Obio,

do you mean http://games.softpedia.com/ (http://games.softpedia.com/?)?

CF

EMatheson
October 2nd, 2008, 12:38
just thought I might like to let Obio know that technically, FSDome is not considered good either - I have heard some nasty stuff about that place, not the mention the unfortunate fact that I have gotten some nasty viruses just logging on there before...

Blue Devil
October 2nd, 2008, 14:19
Just un$%^$#believable Dirtman :isadizzy:...as a old bipartisan (read politically independent) mortgage banker, i can't even imagine the effort you must have put into connecting these far-flung dots to Dem's only :costumes:

Imagination is a beautiful thing, eh? :applause:

It’s Blue Devil BC, …

...And as a old bipartisan (read politically independent) mortgage payer, …who, …along w/ my public school teachin’ wife, …worked dirty jobs for long hours, …grew a small business and put MYSELF through college, …skrimped’n’saved, …drove old cars, …and ate beans’n’bolongna for YEARS to save a 20% down payment for our little first home, …so our payments would be low enough so that WE could afford to send OUR boys to college some day….

Imagine this my good friend and esteemed colleague…

Barack Obama
ACORN
Fannie/Fredie
Andrew Cuomo
Barney Frank
Bill Ayers
Charles B. Rangel
Chris Dodd
Chuck Schumer
David Axelrod
Franklin Raines
Harry Reid
Jamie Gorelick
Jim Johnson
Nancy Pelosi
Saul Alinsky
Tony Rezko

(Alinsky’s dead, …and ACORN/Fredie/Fanie are institutions, …so some of the following doesn’t apply.)

Do a Google on any and all of them, …

…and try to imagine why they all haven’t been indicted by a federal court, …

…and aren’t swappin’ wedding vows in the chapel of some federal prison, …

…as we watch them strive to make MY America !#$%^ CUBA…

bearcat241
October 2nd, 2008, 15:16
Truly sorry Blue Devil about that name mix-up, don't know what i was thinking...you and Dirtman sometimes sound alike. :costumes:...that's a pretty big axe you're grindin' there for YOUR America. Wonder how all of OUR powerful, heroic and seasoned GOP generals managed to lose so much ground to the lefties -- even guys like Obama (top of YOUR list after only 4 years on the grid). :d

But after my 27 year experience in the mortgage game i can tell you for a first-hand fact that NDoc/NInc/Ndown loans were not original Fannie/Freddie creations. These puppies were created by popular subprime lenders, ala WAMU, going all the way back to the '80's and securitized by Wall Street investment houses long before Fannie/Freddie got in on this game. In fact, Fannie and Freddie wouldn't even touch securities backed with these products until sometime in the mid 90's as the A+ prime market began to shrink more and more, while the subprime market swelled beyond all expectation. Forgive my blindness, but how the Dems were solely responsible for this move, i can't see...

Guess we'd better meet up over at the new saloon over beers and finish this, eh?

Jagdflieger
October 2nd, 2008, 16:54
It would probably better to take this off line as it really doesn't belong here in a flight sim forum. I'm sure there a plenty of sites where the financial topic is much more apropos.

egypt23spitfire
October 2nd, 2008, 17:53
........DANG what actually started as a link to a great shark story got all FUBARED:banghead:

...why not put a list of "undesirables" on the NOTAMS
would save this happenin again as the guys that post links (for the betterment of those new or forgotten) could check appropriateness
..my ten cents

Blue Devil
October 2nd, 2008, 23:45
...Guess we'd better meet up over at the new saloon over beers and finish this, eh?

Hey BearCat, ...

The new "Quarter Moon Saloon", ...Perfect, ...my kind'O'place.

Just noticed the banner...(I don't get out much...and I see MaskRider's already over there...)

...Vesuvius has found his Pompeii...

See ya at the waterin' hole BC, ...I've got the first round. (...as long as it's not Kool-Aid...)

PS. Somethin' ta go w/ the pop-corn, ...

..."Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRmB93McZeI

erufle
October 3rd, 2008, 15:06
...............sooooooo sorry guys
...........seems i "trangressed the unwritten law":banghead:
........shoulda known better and realised with so much EXE's about on that site
..........kill kill kill kill kill kill

....yeah but cha got a helpless serated teeth tingle with the other site huh:isadizzy:

Relax Egypt! You didn't commit any sin. You just accidentally struck a raw nerve with folks who are heavily into the production side of flight simulator add-ons. Their anger is understandable and well placed. On the other hand, the ABSquad site is quite visually appealing and the content would give any flight sim nut a big boner upon first glance.

ANALOGY: Its like going out on a date with a hot, sexy mama and having her tell you she has full-blown aids just as your pulling down the bed sheets.

egypt23spitfire
October 3rd, 2008, 15:28
...........HEHEHEHEHEHEHEE:ernae:

.......amazing noone mentioned the white pointer story
..thats about as real life JAWS as you can get beejeeziz

Blue Devil
October 3rd, 2008, 15:37
...ANALOGY: Its like going out on a date with a hot, sexy mama and having her tell you she has full-blown aids just as your pulling down the bed sheets.

...and then the Democrat Congress says you have ta sleep w/ her anyway...

...Oh ya, ...and she's really a GUY...

...But it's OK, ...because they're workin' on a public health-care system for you...

...Don't you just love a Government that can take care of you?...

...Ya, ...I know what Jefferson, Madison, and Adams would do...

(Hey wait, ...this isn't the waterin' hole...)

Jagdflieger
October 3rd, 2008, 16:46
You guys got my goat again. :icon_lol: