PDA

View Full Version : Uploaded my Waterworks project

mksystem
June 4th, 2011, 15:17
Did some trial and error on the stock water files, found the best results came when I added some transparency to the files. Have a great weekend everyone.:salute:

Rami
June 5th, 2011, 03:02
Mksystem,

Awesome job, thank you so much! :salute:

Ghostrider
June 5th, 2011, 08:19
Screenies?

Captain Kurt
June 5th, 2011, 10:58
The effect is kind of subtle but it is there to be seen when you are moving over the water. A screen capture won't show the effect. It's not like the water is transparent per se, but the visual effect of shifting colors gives an impression of more depth to the wave textures. Try it, it works.

Great discovery mksystem! A basic improvement to to game! :salute::salute::salute::salute:

Do you think it would also work on the grayer European water textures available with the European sceneries?

Ghostrider
June 5th, 2011, 16:24
Cool stuff, MK!

Jagdflieger
June 5th, 2011, 18:13
Nice job MK.

I think these look best for areas with bright sun, ie. tropical areas away from shore and coral reefs.

mksystem
June 6th, 2011, 02:35
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Captain, I think that it would work on the darker Euro water, although maybe to a lesser degree, maybe you could suggest a texture set you had in mind and I can try it out. That would be nice to have both theaters covered.

Ghostrider
June 6th, 2011, 04:19
I installed a hybrid, using your new textures in the deeper "blue water" areas - I've got to have some coral in the shallows (PTO).

kelticheart
June 6th, 2011, 09:54
Thank you so much, Mksystem!

:applause: :jump: :applause: :jump: :applause:

For this and all the other modded stock files you uploaded!

You just demonstrated there are still several areas that can be improved in CFS2!

Cheers!
KH :ernae: