PDA

View Full Version : Facebook is turning to a Youtube !

Cirrus N210MS
June 4th, 2011, 09:47
today i posted a Video and two sec after Facebook removed it and says you cannot upload videos with Music in the background! it is a NO NO and if you keep doing uploads with Music your uploading rights will be removed!

Total Crap!

Please Read This!
Notification of Alleged Copyright Violation

Hello,

We have removed your video entitled uploaded at 10:25am June 4th, 2011. We did this because it appears to contain copyrighted material owned by a third party, such as a video clip or background audio. If you believe this material was removed by mistake, you may file a counter notice of alleged infringement by following the link below.

Please note that if you re-upload this video without filing a counter notice, or if you upload another video that infringes on the rights of a third party, we may remove the content. This could cause your access to the Facebook Video application, or your Facebook account itself, to be disabled.

To file a counter notice:
File a Counter Notification

For any other questions, view our Help page.

The Facebook Team

Naismith
June 4th, 2011, 10:11
I don't understand your gripe. If it is copyrighted material then you have no right to use it, end of story. I see you carry an FTX logo in your posting. Presumably this indicates that you are involved in some way with the ORBX scenery. You would complain about piracy of that so where is the difference? I smell a double standard here.
There are plenty of public domain musics out there that could be used.

Cirrus N210MS
June 4th, 2011, 10:13
the point to music in the background can be recorded if your even in a car making a Video and they can remove your Video just do to that

johnh_049
June 4th, 2011, 10:15
well, that's the way it goes, if you upload something that's copywrited, like music, video, or even excerpts from a book, without permission from the copywrite holder.

Dangerousdave26
June 4th, 2011, 11:00
When every you use music in a video that will be posted on line you must have a license to use it. I know there are Fair Use Rules but you don't and Face Book doesn't want to go to court to prove Fair Use.

Here is a composer who will give you a license to use his music for free or for a low fee it depends on your needs.

Kevin MacLeod

http://incompetech.com/

You will find some of the music is good and you will find some of the music is well not to your taste. :icon_lol:

The real question is does it fit your video that is what you really want.

n4gix
June 4th, 2011, 11:53
It really depends on specifically WHAT music you included.

I once went round and round with YouTube and Facebook both about a clip of ME playing my OWN composition on my OWN home pipe organ.

Apparently both organizations are just a bit "too quick on the trigger" whenever it comes to music... :isadizzy::ipepsi2:

Wing_Z
June 4th, 2011, 13:40
Youtube stopped being silly long ago, and rightly see use of music tracks as promoting the artist.
I haven't had a Track Police message for many months.

demorier
June 5th, 2011, 00:39
I've posted up music stuff from youTube onto facebook quite a few times, never got any notice like that. Then again some stuff on there has country specific licencing to play them.

stuartcox
June 5th, 2011, 02:30
YouTube does pay royalty fees, generated by advertising revenue!
Look at SOH... How many links to music videos have been uploaded here without consequences?
The emphasis is on 'link'.
There is a difference between uploading copyrighted data, or just providing a link to a genuine source.

Cazzie
June 5th, 2011, 02:47
That would be doing me justice! I have WAY too many FB friends posting frikkin' YouTube videos on my page, it gets to the point I think they are posting every damn song they listen to. I love music, but FB is not the time and place! I look for messages, notes of events, etc, if I want music, I'll open iTunes! If I want video, I'll go to Vimeo or YouTube. People who post one video after another from YouTube on my FB account have something seriously wrong with them mentally and need to get out of the house!

Sorry, I wish FB would ban every damn video posted on my page, they clutter up otherwise useful information.

Caz

Emil Frand
June 9th, 2011, 17:26
Its always been that way, copyrighted music is a no no

BurningBeard
June 9th, 2011, 18:01
It seems like the difference between Warner Bros, and Disney. If somebody puts Yosemite Sam or Foghorn Leghorn on their truck for fun it's advertising for them. If you put Mickey Mouse on your truck it is a copyright infringement. Posting a music video is a copyright infringement, if you happen to use it for the background on a stupid video that in not intended to make money, its just cause you like it.

Beard

Allen
June 9th, 2011, 20:48
Wouldn't it be FaceTube?

TeaSea
June 10th, 2011, 16:27
It seems like the difference between Warner Bros, and Disney. If somebody puts Yosemite Sam or Foghorn Leghorn on their truck for fun it's advertising for them. If you put Mickey Mouse on your truck it is a copyright infringement. Posting a music video is a copyright infringement, if you happen to use it for the background on a stupid video that in not intended to make money, its just cause you like it.

Beard

Actually BB, you're right....

Copyright and Patent law changes constantly, and has been since it's inception. What's perfectly legal today may not be tomorrow, and vice versa. Case law changes statue law through interpretation and statute law is constantly updated through legislation and codification.

What we consider "Piracy" today, might be perfectly legal in a few years (hope not, since it will destroy most of the industry)....or it will become even more strictly applied.