PDA

View Full Version : Minute-Maid

Johnny
October 1st, 2008, 21:52
~S~ All,

Sorry to say that the work on the PT-76, AKA Minute-Maid/ Maid of the Sea is going slower then the old lady in the check out line ahead of you. I would post a picture but we can't do that no mo. Hubbabubba has sent me references and instructions for a new fix to an old problem, but it may take me forever to read everything. I guess if I stopped hanging out in the Outhouse and trying to blow Poplarville off the map, I would have more time to read.

Later,

j:isadizzy:

hubbabubba
October 2nd, 2008, 08:03
Sorry Johnny, but the path to better MDL is a tortuous one. I will give you all the help I can but, as I was saying in my returned e-mail, it could profit to more people if I was to make it into a "tutorial-thread" of sort.

Right now, the jeep is my priority #1.

Johnny
October 2nd, 2008, 21:26
~S~ Hubbabubba,

I have downloaded all of the files and await your tutorial. As for not working in XP or Vista, they both allow you to set up the programs to run in anything but DOS. I tried CFS on Vista in W98, not much difference that I could see. Except it was very grainy with big icons and it looked the way it did in 1998.

Later,

j.:ernae:

Ivan
October 4th, 2008, 03:14
This may be a redundant question, but what is the problem? Or have you already resolved the issue?

- Ivan.

Johnny
October 4th, 2008, 07:19
~S~ Ivan,

It is the same old AF99 bleed problem, but Hubbabubba has solved all of our problems. From what I have heard, his new Jeep is so life-like it has that new car smell. Also the detail is so fine you can read Goodyear on the tires. The "Inflate to 32 lbs." is a little fuzzy. I think he is going to release it as a 2009 model.

j.:isadizzy:

hubbabubba
October 4th, 2008, 07:54
It does solve many problems, but not all of them. I basically apply to the BGL code within a MDL file the same treatment I would give a scenery object.

But I will finish my jeep first. It will be sort of a "carte de visite" for all to see.

Right now, it is about 2/3th completed, and it really look smashing, even if it stands only on its two front wheels.

BTW; tire pressure is 35LBS for all four.:kilroy:

Johnny
October 4th, 2008, 08:48
~S~ Hubbabubba,

I saw a PT-Boat for CFS2 and it is a knockout, it is a shame we can't put all that stuff into CFS. As for using CFS2! I installed it again last night along with FS98, and realized why they were on the shelf gathering dust. Before if un-installed them, I did fly out of one of the airports I use to fly out of, what a boot. I was in the PT-76 and flew to the lake and landed.

Ils sucer. Pun intended.

j.:costumes:

Johnny
October 13th, 2008, 01:11
@ 0330 hrs Central time I gave birth to a 78 foot, 50 ton, PT Boat. Now comes the tweaking. Teaching her how to first walk then run. Shoot small guns and work up to those 40 mm Bofors. Oh the joy of parenting.

I want to make something for Hubbabubba, like a Shoe Shine Box, but he probably built his own from a Birdseye Maple he cut down in his own back yard.

Time to sleep,

J.:sleep:

smilo
October 13th, 2008, 12:07
congrats, Johnny.
I am sure that you are a proud Papa and will bring her up right.

BUT, I need to inform you that the Birdseye Maple is my Department;
http://edensaw.com/about.asp

hubbabubba
October 13th, 2008, 13:29
Your link suffers from "double http://" syndrom. Wow! You are even referred to by name! Why the "" btw?:mixedsmi:

Pratt&Whitney
October 13th, 2008, 14:04
You started working there the same year I was born :isadizzy:

smilo
October 13th, 2008, 14:39
fixed the link, sorry.
maybe the " " is because I was within inches of loosing my job,
or maybe it's because it isn't my given name.
who knows?
I think the editor is suspect...notice that the page hasn't been updated for years.

jeez, PW, now I really feel old. :icon_lol:

Pratt&Whitney
October 13th, 2008, 15:46
Your name isn't Milo? I had no eye-deer.

smilo
October 13th, 2008, 16:27
yup, that's me,
been that way ever since the guitar player said I reminded him of his uncle.
Who, BTW, ran a wrecker service in Butte, Montana.
Then the movie Catch 22 came out,
we saw it and the name really stuck.
I liked it better than Mike,
which is short for the folk's choice.

So, what was this thread about?
Sorry Johnny,
I'm changing my name to Hijacker. :redf:

Johnny
October 13th, 2008, 20:18
~S~ m et al,

You should have built the PT-Boat, with all that wood. Then you could do a Spruce Goose.

j.:costumes:

smilo
October 14th, 2008, 14:39
well, we do carry aircraft grade plywood and several grades of marine ply, including a very high end grade imported from France in sizes up to 5X10.

good lord, somebody tell me to :stop:
I'm starting to sound like the sales staff.

hubbabubba
October 14th, 2008, 15:41
I'm starting to sound like the sales staff.
You didn't gave us prices yet, so... yeah... you do sound like a salesman!:icon_lol:

smilo
October 14th, 2008, 16:11
old saying...
if you need to ask,
you can't afford it.

I am sure some exotic veneers would look very nice in your yacht's stateroom.
I know it does in mine. :costumes:

Ivan
October 15th, 2008, 12:28
Hi Johnny,

Can you post some screenshots of the very pretty CFS2 PT Boat so we know what we are trying for?

Thanks.
- Ivan.

Johnny
October 15th, 2008, 13:32
~S~ Ivan,

I will try.

j,

Johnny
October 15th, 2008, 13:35
~S~ All,

I am having a hard time with the sound files. Is their a sound configure utility? Or a tutorial somewhere?

hubbabubba
October 15th, 2008, 14:06
Or a tutorial somewhere?

While doing work on sound files, I took notes. Don't remember if it was in English or French.

...went to check; it is all in French. Still want them?:kilroy:

Johnny
October 15th, 2008, 14:22
~S~ Hubbabubba,

No thank you. I found one for FS-2002 and up. I figured out how to but the starter in, but the motor sound stops at half throttle. The first place I looked was at your sound files and was totally confused. I have a sound.cfg from a FS-98, that I think I can figure out, if I have to. It is almost "By the numbers." ABC1, ABC2, etc.... with a flap here and a gear there.

Well I can live with it, but I wanted to put the starter into into it. When I tried I kept getting the same file over and over again.