PDA

View Full Version : Progress Fokker S.IV

Cees Donker
May 31st, 2011, 12:09
I want to share the progress I make with my Fokker S.IV with you, hence this thread. I recieved some drawings of the man that restores a Fokker S.IV in the Aviodrome in Lelystad.
The gashandle! I figured out how to make a spring for this one. In a second version I'll try to make it out of one piece.

Cees

OleBoy
May 31st, 2011, 16:17
Looks like that will do the trick. Nice job Cees!!

Cees Donker
June 1st, 2011, 06:11
Yeah, Oleboy. Only a pity that the spring crumples during the exporting of the model to FS9. It's too detailed for Makemdl or FSDS.

Cees

OleBoy
June 1st, 2011, 06:47
Something I wish I had gotten into many moons ago. Modeling. I think it would be a great hobby. I really hope you get past the problems, Cees. Because now that you've started this topic, I'll be watching for your posts of progress. It's fascinating to see the process come together.

Cees Donker
June 2nd, 2011, 21:15
The pedals.....

Stratobat
June 2nd, 2011, 22:45
Hey Cees,

Your modelling is looking very nice :applause:

Did you ever export the wheel mentioned in the other thread in to FS? Did the nuts crumple like the spring?

Regards,
Stratobat

Cees Donker
June 2nd, 2011, 23:33
No they didn't.... Guess these were bigger than the 4 mm welding crumples. I got a newer beta version of FSDS now. Smaller part are no longer welded, but now I have other parts dissapearing altogether. They're working on the issue at abacus.

Cees

Cees Donker
June 4th, 2011, 11:50
Stick.....second stick....

N2056
June 4th, 2011, 11:55
Those parts look very good! :applause:

Cees Donker
June 4th, 2011, 12:20
It is great to have these drawings by Dick Funcke. :jump: He makes the drawings himself.:applause: I'll visit his restoration project this summer. :running:I'll make some photographs then.

:salute:

Cees

gaucho_59
June 4th, 2011, 12:31
I want to share the progress I make with my Fokker S.IV with you, henced this thread. I recieved some drawings of the man that restores a Fokker S.IV in the Aviodrome in Lelystad.
The gashandle! I figured out how to make a spring for this one. In a second version I'll try to make it out of one piece.

Cees
Outstanding work on those parts... I am following your progress...!
When you are finished... let's get together and really workout some great textures for your doped fabric flying surfaces!

Cees Donker
June 4th, 2011, 23:14
That'd be great gaucho! I'll make a layered paintkit.

Cees

Cees Donker
June 6th, 2011, 11:21
Isn't it? For me it is.

N2056
June 6th, 2011, 16:16
That's my kind of modeling! :salute:
What version of the sim is this intended for? Poly count in FS9 might end up haunting you down the road.

Cees Donker
June 6th, 2011, 20:12
It's for FS9....I think the polycount will not be bigger than a Stuart Green model. Smooth flying is very important to me!

Cees

Cag40Navy
June 6th, 2011, 21:34
How much i would like to see it in FSX. Non the less.

Cees Donker
June 7th, 2011, 06:07
How much i would like to see it in FSX. Non the less.
Who knows........
The program can export to FSX, but I don't fly FSX.

Sorry,

Cees

Cees Donker
June 7th, 2011, 11:51
...first the tubes! Then put the rest in.......But I guess the tubes will keep me busy for at least another evening.

:salute:

Cees

Cees Donker
June 8th, 2011, 13:21
Worked another evening.....

:running:

Cees

Stratobat
June 24th, 2011, 15:13
Hey Cees,

The framework looks amazing - I'm enjoying watching your model take shape :applause:

Just an idea here but have you thought about making the outside skin ever so slightly see through so that the inside framework can be seen when the sun shines through the fabric?

I'm not sure how practical it would be but the idea just popped into my head and I thought I would mention it :)

Regards,
Stratobat

Cees Donker
June 26th, 2011, 00:38
Hi Stratobat,

I think the framework will be a VC feature only, but I like the idea!

Cees

Cees Donker
July 11th, 2011, 09:42
My rendition of the D.XVI. Still a lot to do....

Cees

Cag40Navy
July 11th, 2011, 15:33
She is looking so good! :jump:

OBIO
July 13th, 2011, 06:38
Cees sent me an early working "beta" of the Fokker....it is looking great! What the screen shots don't show is the amount of detail in the engine....one of the best looking radial engines I have seen on any sim plane. The mesh is really smooth.

I am looking forward to seeing this bird in final form. It will have a permanent home in my Vintage Military hangar.

OBIO

Cees Donker
July 21st, 2011, 08:27
Of course there still is the S.IV!!

:wavey:

Cees

Cees Donker
July 22nd, 2011, 08:09
Dangerous test flying!

:icon_lol:

Cees

Cees Donker
July 22nd, 2011, 12:17
Here it is in the VC. A bit smaller. I can't get the gauge to show up. :173go1:Must be something simple.....

:kilroy:

Cees

OleBoy
July 23rd, 2011, 08:16
Cees Donker, I really like what I'm seeing in your progress. I don't do FS2004 anymore, but at the rate the nice/unseen models are being brought out for it, I may just have to do a reinstall so I can check them all out.

Your works shines Cees. And from the sounds of OBIO's words, the details are excellent. Take your time and create a strong relationship. I look forward to seeing all you do. No hurry!

kikas
July 8th, 2012, 10:41
:jump:
Any news?

Cees Donker
July 8th, 2012, 12:38
Not yet. I've been tied up in real life matters. W.I.D. is the term for this one: is't ready when it's done.....I have a seven week holiday now. So perhaps.....

Cees

kikas
July 9th, 2012, 00:25
Not yet. I've been tied up in real life matters. W.I.D. is the term for this one: is't ready when it's done.....I have a seven week holiday now. So perhaps.....

Cees
Thanks for the answer. Real life first of course, no disputes on that

Ferry_vO
July 9th, 2012, 11:43
Just in case you need some new inspiration: The partially completed S-IV is now on display at the Aviodrome!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Aviodrome/SIV1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Aviodrome/SIV2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Aviodrome/SIV3.jpg

Pretty big aircraft in real life!