PDA

View Full Version : If Your F1 Don't Bother

EasyEd
May 30th, 2011, 21:30
Hey All,

Here is a great video. Love the linkage between country music and NASCAR. Brad Paisley - You are the man!

ZDRfrVMrV6Q

Seeing Teddy Gentry (Bass guitarist in the band Alabama) again is kinda irritating as I was bidding against him at an auction 20 odd years ago for a red angus heifer in California - he had a bit more money than me! Still wonder if he actually knew what a good heifer it was or if it was his hired manager.

It is really really good to see Kelley in this video - nice burnout too by the way. I think she may have been better than either Dale Jr or Kerry. I don't know much about Taylor Nicole. Kelley's daughter (Dale's grandaughter) Karsyn is about 11 and is racing mini outlaw carts - learning to turn left early (there is a youtube video) and is gonna be good if she sticks to it. Danica watch out!

Oh an the other woman driving in this video is Erin Crocker.

-Ed-

PS Your NASCAR skill testing question of the day. Who was the guy in the ticket booth? No cheating!:bump:

PRB
May 31st, 2011, 04:44
Kind of hard to ID the ticket booth guy - his head is only about a quater inch tall, but he looks a little like "Humpy" Wheeler.

Cazzie
May 31st, 2011, 05:53
I don't think the hair looks like Humpy at all, looks like Clint Eastwood to me and since he does play an instrumental on one of the songs on the CD, I suspect it's him.

Caz, big Paisley fan, seen him twice here in Danville at the Pavillion. Got Darrius Rucker coming up July 2nd. Thought he did the national anthem pretty good at Charlotte.

EasyEd
May 31st, 2011, 07:00
Hey All,

Nope not Humpy not Clint and you get a better look at the beginning of the song. He is hard to recognize but once you know who it is you'll say yes definitely him.

I have not been to a Brad Paisley concert but definitely plan to get to one if he's ever up in the Pacific Northwest. His music is so good and so creative and he is one of the best on a guitar.

-Ed-

Cazzie
May 31st, 2011, 08:17
Should have gone to YouTube and played it hi-def. It's Rick Hendrick.

Caz

EasyEd
May 31st, 2011, 17:36
Hey All,

You got it Caz - Rick Hendrick! :ernae: Quite the video to include the folks it does.

It is really unfortunate that Kelley didn't take up racing.

See this article

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/columns/story?columnist=newton_david&id=4859211

This one (story) involved the seven-time champion's talking about who might be the next great driver from the Earnhardt family tree. Earnhardt, he said, told how one of his offspring had everything -- aggression, mental toughness, a willingness to push the car to its limit -- to be a championship driver.
Earnhardt, he said, practically was gushing about how good this kid could be.
At this point I interrupted and said, "I assume we're talking about Dale Earnhardt Jr (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/driver?seriesId=2&driverId=150)."
"Nope," the man said. "Kelley."

Earnhardt and Eury didn't race against Kelley often as she competed at Tri-County, Hickory Motor Speedway and Myrtle Beach Motor Speedway, but each experienced what it was like to lose to her at least once. And it wasn't pleasant.
"Pops [Tony Eury Sr.] let me have it so bad I tried not to ever let it happen again," Eury said.
Dale Jr. got the same hard time from his dad, who eventually gave his son a job working on Kelley's car
I looked up Dale's other daughter Taylor. While she does do some driving she's devoted to Rodeo - Barrel Racing. Wrangler buts and big buckles - one of my other former vices. :icon_lol: I hope she gets a horse as good as the great Scamper - Charmayne James got scamper from a feedlot when she was 12 and then rode Scamper to 9 World Championships and became the first woman to win a million dollars in rodeo. No woman has ever won more World Championships in anything than Charmayne but thats' an aside.

Good job on Rick!

-Ed-

Cazzie
June 1st, 2011, 02:37
Never been much on rodeos Ed, even though they had a good'un at the Fairgrounds this past weekend I hear. But I live almost in the heart of roots NASCAR racing. We still have those good little local tracks like South Boston, Orange County, and Ace Speedway (where I saw Kelly and Jr. drive as youngsters). Tell you the truth, I'd as soon pay $10.00 and go to a Saturday evening of racing Late Model Sportsman and Modifieds (free parking too), eat me a couple bologna burgers, drink some ale, and watch young hungry drivers mix it up on the .4-mile oval at SoBo as go to any Cup event. At Ace, you can bring your favorite lawn stair and watch. Like the old days of racing, very open.

Caz

eddie
June 3rd, 2011, 09:36
Hey All,

You got it Caz - Rick Hendrick! :ernae: Quite the video to include the folks it does.

It is really unfortunate that Kelley didn't take up racing.

See this article

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/columns/story?columnist=newton_david&id=4859211

I looked up Dale's other daughter Taylor. While she does do some driving she's devoted to Rodeo - Barrel Racing. Wrangler buts and big buckles - one of my other former vices. :icon_lol: I hope she gets a horse as good as the great Scamper - Charmayne James got scamper from a feedlot when she was 12 and then rode Scamper to 9 World Championships and became the first woman to win a million dollars in rodeo. No woman has ever won more World Championships in anything than Charmayne but thats' an aside.

Good job on Rick!

-Ed-

Don't know much about Taylor myself, but was very jealous of her when she went to the Goodwood Festival back in 2009. She got to drive her Dad's Monte Carlo in a demo type event, it was the same car he got his last victory in at Talladega. Lucky stiff, would love to test drive that car myself,lol Rusty Wallace was there too, in his #2 Miller Lite car, I was hoping it was his old T-Bird, but it was his Dodge, he did a burnout for the crowd!:icon_lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/antsphoto/3700075549/