PDA

View Full Version : Key West doesn't like me

Dangerousdave26
May 30th, 2011, 06:27
Or should I say the Key West NAS KNQX

Yesterday I started twice a simple IFR flight from KEYW to KMIA. Both times shortly after take off when I switch to the Naval Air Station Controller I get a CTD.

So I tried a flight from KEYW to KMIA just by requesting a flight following from the Navy Controller and got the same thing.

Finally I took off from KEYW and flew until safely over the Florida and then set up my Flight Plan to KFPR with no problems. I was safely out of the range of the NAS and was connected to one of the Miami Controllers.

The message when it crashes is

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version 10.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14 faulting module name nvd3dum.dll, version 8.17.12.6658

It looks like it is a nVidia driver issue but it only happens when connected to ATC at this NAS.

Anyone else have issues with this area?

Also I should note I tried different default planes the Maul and Airbus both have the same issue.

stansdds
May 30th, 2011, 07:05
182.50 driver here for my 8800GT. I've flown the Keys a few times, sometimes IFR, sometimes VFR, no issues except for the trees and objects placed on the taxiways at Key West Int'l.

jdhaenens
May 30th, 2011, 07:06
Just did the Key West to Miami flight and had no problems ...with a couple ATI cards, though.

falcon409
May 30th, 2011, 09:12
Dave I just finished the same flight in the Icon A5 with no problems. I have an NVidia 9600GT with version 270.61 drivers (Win7_64bit).:salute: