PDA

View Full Version : 'Great Airshow Images From A Guy In A Camera Forum That I Belong To'

Panther_99FS
May 29th, 2011, 18:02
I think you'll see some familiar sim-planes in here too! :mixedsmi:
--> http://www.kichu.pl/p70471054#h36cc65fd

Little Chacha
May 30th, 2011, 10:00
I like the pictures :wavey: From Hannah.

will_b
May 30th, 2011, 12:38
Those are nice. Do you know what camera/lens he was using?

Daveroo
June 1st, 2011, 09:27
id like to know what the yellow turboprop with the highwing ( blue stripes) on the last pic in the follow me pic,,,anyone know what that is?...pretty cool looking plane

Rezabrya
June 1st, 2011, 10:36
Great shots Panther! I will be renting some better lenses for Airventure this year and I am hoping to get some cool shots.

Panther_99FS
June 1st, 2011, 15:55
Those are nice. Do you know what camera/lens he was using?

Best I can tell you at the moment is that he uses a Nikon body...not sure which body or lens though....

kichu
June 7th, 2011, 10:52
Hello, I am the author of those photos. Thanks for linking them btw :)

I am using Nikon body (d300s) along with 500mm telephoto lens. All of the photos from Michalkow Air Picnic was shot using this combo. If you have any question I'll try to answer :)

gigabyte
June 7th, 2011, 17:13
Welcome to the Outhouse Kichu, I am so jealous not only at the outstanding quality of the photography, but that you are able to get to see so many amazing aircraft up close & personal. The best I can do around here is a few Cessna 172's and on a good day there is a Citation that drops by our regional airport now & then.

Keep up the great work, you sure have a talent for it...

Panther_99FS
June 7th, 2011, 18:59
Hello, I am the author of those photos. Thanks for linking them btw :)

I am using Nikon body (d300s) along with 500mm telephoto lens. All of the photos from Michalkow Air Picnic was shot using this combo. If you have any question I'll try to answer :)

Welcome aboard! - Excellent job with those shots by the way! :ernae:

kichu
June 8th, 2011, 10:00
but that you are able to get to see so many amazing aircraft up close & personal. The best I can do around here is a few Cessna 172's and on a good day there is a Citation that drops by our regional airport now & then

Well you cannot shot aviation just around your house (unless you live on an airport). Most of my shots are taken during various air shows - larger and smaller ones (local picnincs). Try to look what shows are held in your area... and go there.

The other thing are air force base visits, it helps to find a local aviation group, which sometimes have connections/organizes photo trips. The army is more willing to talk with other organization than with a single person.

Hope this helps a little. And thanks for warm welcome.