PDA

View Full Version : Please remember

hurricane3
May 28th, 2011, 13:43
Just a thought this Memorial Day weekend, as flight simmers let us help for others to never forget what the men and women of all the services have done for us. Althought I was in the Army for six years I never saw combat which I have always regreted not because I think war is glorious but because I feel I could have done more.
The men and women of the U.S. Army , Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force and Marines who have been there and given their lives and sacrificed thier bodies for what we have today should never ,ever be forgotten.
Please tell someone (our children should be formost) what was done for them. As was said in Saving Privite Ryan ,have we lived up to what they did for us?

warchild
May 29th, 2011, 02:06
you did your job. without you doing your job, someone else could not have done theirs, and would not have been able to fight.. We often find it hard to see how we in our jobs fit intop the over all team, but believe me, we were all important.
Pam

hurricane3
May 29th, 2011, 05:29
Thankyou Pam for your understanding , and your thoughts on this. But I still will always have regrets.And again from the movie, have we earned this?All we can do is try, for we can never repay those who have given all.

HouseHobbit
May 29th, 2011, 08:04
Bravo to ALL the Vets, I too did my time..

And Honors for anyone who also did their time in the service..
And the Honorable discharge I received was all I wanted..
Once I earned this, it was all worth it to me..

Don't fret, over not being in combat, you didn't miss a thing..
I am grateful I survived my time in the army..many did not (God Bless them always)

To all who served and it doesn't matter where or when we owe a great debt..
BRAVO..
:salute: :salute: :salute: