PDA

View Full Version : Section8 F86 question.

olderndirt
May 28th, 2011, 11:11
None of my recent texture downloads are showing up in FSX. I've been copying and pasting the [fltsim.xx] so no typing errors and the appropriate texture folders are entered. The only difference I see in the .cfg entries is the notation of sequential "saber 1, saber 2" etc in the titles of the ones that do show up. Does this have to be continued to make the repaints work?

DennyA
May 28th, 2011, 11:29
Sorry, don't have a solution, but curious as to whether the Section 8 devs are still planning on doing a real FSX version? I know they'd announced one when they released the FS9 version.

dharris
May 28th, 2011, 11:52
Last time I checked in with them it was still in the works, great model even the fs9 in fsx

Stickshaker
May 28th, 2011, 12:41
Is the line: category=aircraft in the cfg file? That may be the problem.

olderndirt
May 28th, 2011, 15:37
Is the line: category=aircraft in the cfg file? That may be the problem.Never seen that line in any of my 'aircraft.cfg' files.

Stickshaker
May 29th, 2011, 03:20
Never seen that line in any of my 'aircraft.cfg' files.

It's in the 'General' section.

olderndirt
May 29th, 2011, 08:26
It's in the 'General' section.Last line in the General section - Category=airplane.

modelr
May 29th, 2011, 08:34
Last line in the General section - Category=airplane.

I think that tells FSX where to look for the model, in the SimObjects folder, "Airplane" folder. Could be wrong... :kilroy:

This problem seems to be popping up more since the Thorp 18 was released. (NOT connected! Just noticed more.) I found I had to change aircraft to get my other schemes to show. Don't know why, but it works each time, as everything else seems to be correct. I change to a simple default aircraft, then back to the new texture of the aircraft I'm working with. This is occurring on most of my detailed aircraft. Others are not having the problem, so it must be system caused. Just a guess.

Bjoern
May 29th, 2011, 10:51
Sorry, don't have a solution, but curious as to whether the Section 8 devs are still planning on doing a real FSX version? I know they'd announced one when they released the FS9 version.

Yeah, they do. Although it's still going to be a long time.

I wanted to convert it at one point, but the sheer amount of parts and materials in the source file was an awful turnoff, so I canned the project in the end.

olderndirt
May 29th, 2011, 11:35
I think that tells FSX where to look for the model, in the SimObjects folder, "Airplane" folder. Could be wrong... :kilroy:

This problem seems to be popping up more since the Thorp 18 was released. (NOT connected! Just noticed more.) I found I had to change aircraft to get my other schemes to show. Don't know why, but it works each time, as everything else seems to be correct. I change to a simple default aircraft, then back to the new texture of the aircraft I'm working with. This is occurring on most of my detailed aircraft. Others are not having the problem, so it must be system caused. Just a guess.As I said previously, the only thing that caught my eye in the aircraft.cfg was the inclusion of "sabre 1" - "sabre 2" and so on in the title line of each of the aircraft that do show in FSX which is perhaps saying to add that to the others - will give it a shot.