PDA

View Full Version : Two questions?

egypt23spitfire
September 26th, 2008, 15:37
.........seeing i have an almost captive audience hehehe:d
i was wondering which.. P40N,
..................................SPIT MK8
.................................and P-51D
...............................are people flying??
as i have some free time and was going to increase my repaints for my RAAF collection
.................. for DARWIN to MORATAI ,
..................NEW GUINEA JAPAN,
..........................and the MTO
.........THANKS for input:ernae:
............(maybe should have made it a poll with all the usual suspects hehe)

olaf1924
September 26th, 2008, 15:39
I LIKE ANDREW WAI'S MUSTANG.:applause:

Rami
September 26th, 2008, 15:44
I like Paul Rebuffat's Spitfire Mk. VIII

http://www.myzone59.com/rebuffat/spit8.html
http://www.myzone59.com/rebuffat/raaf.html

bearcat241
September 26th, 2008, 15:56
I LIKE ANDREW WAI'S MUSTANG.:applause:

Ditto...my favorite native Pony too. But if you're talkin' RAAF - PTO and MTO, i'm down with the KM P40N and the Rebuffet Spits. :kilroy:

egypt23spitfire
September 26th, 2008, 17:23
.......how do people fell about ALPHA SPIT MK8/9 ??

OBIO
September 26th, 2008, 17:27
P-51D: Andrew Wai

Spit 8: Paul Rebuffat and AS...fly them equally, but I think Paul's is a better choice for mission work as it gives better frame rates.

P-40N: K. Maliowski...I use his P-40s exclusively, other than Bruce Thorson's B and C model which are the best P-40s going in my book.

OBIO

Ravenna
September 26th, 2008, 20:26
Egypt,
I would really love to see some 3 squadron P-40Ns for the MTO. K Malinowski's P-40N is the only real option. Thanks!
:ernae:

Blondi
September 27th, 2008, 04:20
Well,if you really want something new to paint we could use a repaint of AUMAV's Wirraway. I would like to see an RAAF 24 Squadron skin. This is the squadron who with 8 aircraft valiantly tried to hold back Nagumo's 90 plane raid on Jan. 20 1942 over Rabaul.2 of them actually survived to land after the raid.Just a thought since you are asking for suggestions for RAAF Aircraft.:d

BLONDI:cost1:

egypt23spitfire
September 28th, 2008, 01:54
......Good call BLONDIand AVENNA you get me the profile and i'l provide the PIXELS
...Ive been lookin all day for a 24 sqn WIRRA profile and the best ive got is a couple of B/W blurry images
......(doesnt help that ADF SERIALS seems to be down)

.....3 sqn KITTYKAT-4's seem to be thin as well

...so anypix would be welcome from anyone:ernae:

...ok so now back to the thread :d

...QUESTION 2
...which is everyones favourite SPIT 5 VC:d

erufle
September 28th, 2008, 04:43
I fly 3 p51ds: Carter's, Wai's, and the alpha. Guess you could say its a three way competition that never ends. If you want to know which is most used you might want to ask the mission writers. I'm not sure about the frame rate issues between these three planes.

Blondi
September 29th, 2008, 05:10
[quote=egypt;1149]......Good call BLONDIand AVENNA you get me the profile and i'l provide the PIXELS
...Ive been lookin all day for a 24 sqn WIRRA profile and the best ive got is a couple of B/W blurry images

I have some info for you and a camo picture. If you PM me your e-mail I will get them out to you.

BLONDI

miamieagle
September 29th, 2008, 05:50
Take a look into Jaxon Website and Maybe it will give you some tips on to do this repaints http://www.michael-reimer.com/CFS2/CFS2_Profiles/PTO_Allies_RAAF.html:ernae:

egypt23spitfire
September 29th, 2008, 22:48
.......thanks for advice MIAMI, but no go on either:kilroy:

RobH
September 30th, 2008, 19:23
Egypt,

I have several No 3 squadron RAAF profiles for the Kittyhawk Mk1 and Mk1a, if they could be of any use to you.

Blondi
October 1st, 2008, 19:36
Egypt, DId you get my pm about your e-mail adress?

BLONDI:cost1:

egypt23spitfire
October 1st, 2008, 22:15
...........YO BLONDI i just sentcha an email:wavey:

....anybody got a favourite spit mkvc thay fly???

Blue Devil
October 1st, 2008, 22:39
Hey Egypt, ...

KM P-40N (though I use the E/M/K .mdl's the most, ...better FR's and interchangable skins.)
PR Mk VIII
Alpha P-51D

Even have some nice 3D gunsights for'em...

Thanks Egypt.

Ravenna
October 2nd, 2008, 00:56
I've looked everywhere I could think of.....no sign of a 3 sqn Kitty IV pic or profile. I've tried to get into ADF serials, but the link just times out. I will, however, keep on trying!

dvslats
October 2nd, 2008, 18:54
Well ....found this pic at a modeling site. Not the squadron your looking for, but the time frame matches. The roundels are different.

gedm
October 2nd, 2008, 19:44
Far be it from me to pass up a wish list...I'd like to see a remake of this oldie but one of my favorites.

P-40N from the 80th FG / 88th or 89th FS

and thanks for asking egypt! :ernae:

egypt23spitfire
October 2nd, 2008, 20:49
...........WHOA SILVER, DIS AINT A WISHLIST THREAD

..........(ifn you wait on me youd be an old, old, man hheeee)

.this WAS a thread to see what AUSSIE SPITS mk8/mmk5vc
people was flying cause i was goin to put my original paints onto the current fave
seeing we now have YAS,ALPHA,n PR to choose from
.same with p-51d's

...which MK5VC ???

......the mention of a P-40N was of course a mistake as KM's rule:d

egypt23spitfire
October 2nd, 2008, 20:54
........hey RAV
.......heres the timelime to look under theres bound to be a photo or two in some ones personal WW2 collection
....i trolled through my 2500 or so AWM pix last night but also came up blank

quote"
By the 19th July 1943, a section of the Squadron had travelled by sea directly to Pachino in Sicily to join up with the rest of the Squadron who had arrived via Malta with some of the latest Kittywawk IVs. These aircraft were also called P-40N Warhawks and many pilots described them as being the best of all the Kittyhawk models they'd flown. The aircraft were 350 pounds lighter than the previous models with a top speed of 378 miles per hour at 10,500 feet. They were armed with 6 guns and could carry a 500 pound bomb under each wing. As well, a completely redesigned cockpit canopy had greatly improved pilot's visibility.
At this stage, there were seven Australian squadrons attached to the various R.A.F Wings operating from six widely spread bases in the Mediterranean area and they flew six different types of aircraft. Three had single engine Kittyhawks and Hurricanes and the others had Wellington, Baltimore, Hudson and Halifax bombers. Another nine Australian squadrons were based at R.A.F. stations in the United Kingdom, making a total of sixteen Australian squadrons poised for an intended attack on German dominated territories including Italy.
-------------------------------------------------------
and BLONDIE
......the 24th's main code was GR- and for some strange beaurocratic(it wasnt the c/o idea) reason single letter U

they were one of the first to paint out the red spot in the roundel and use FOLIAGE GREEN paint and white empenage and/or nose paint (similar to BOOMERS in the future)
but in this timeline probably used RAAF DK GRN/FOLIAGE GRN and RAAF EARTH
...aircraft in the rabaul incident A20-128-single code -U
Other Wirraways destroyed there:A20-71+, A20-128+, A20-177+,A20-179+ A20-303+, A20-304+, A20-319+,

A20-321-intact, A20-436? & A20-437?: Hudsons A16-13, A16-91, A16-146,
with A16-145 missing on Ops (Source 24Sqn A50 Sheet).

.........which serial da ya want??
...................../i'm using colors in pix but matt)
----------------------------------------------------------
The Royal Australian Air Force's No 24 (City of Adelaide) Squadron was first formed at Amberley, near Ipswich, Queensland, on 17 June 1940. The squadron, which was equipped with CAC Wirraway aircraft, then moved to the then new Garbutt Airfield at Townsville on 15 October 1940, receiving four Lockheed Hudsons on 27 October 1940. Based at the Stock Route satellite airstrip, the squadron carried out maritime reconnaissance duties until 21 December 1941, when the squadron was moved to Rabaul, New Britain, operating from the Lakunai and Vunakanau airstrips as an Advanced Striking Force.

On 20 January 1942 over 100 Japanese aircraft struck the island. No 24 Squadron Wirraways took off to intercept the raiders but were immediately attacked by a large force of Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero fighters. Against such odds no effective defence could be offered; three Wirraways were shot down, two crash landed and another was damaged. With only two Wirraways and one Hudson remaining, the sick and wounded were evacuated whilst the remainder of the battered Squadron's personnel trekked through dense jungle until their eventual rescue by Empire flying boats.

Ravenna
October 2nd, 2008, 21:32
Egypt,
You might be interested in this part of the 3 Sqn site. Just keep turning the pages:costumes::
http://www.3squadron.org.au/subpages/Mustangs/3%20Sqn%20P-51K%20P1.htm
I have looked at the MIA list for the squadron, and found serials for Kittyhawk IVs attached to 3 sqn. Some of them were passed on from 112 sqn RAF. The information there tallies with information on the US serials site. However, I can't find information on squadron codes, and as for photos/ profiles...:banghead:

Blondi
October 3rd, 2008, 17:15
Hi Egypt, I would prefer one of the wirraways that survived the attack and landed. I think if you look at the picture I sent you of the Hudson, taken just before the Japanese attack, you will see that it still has its red center to the roundal which tells me that they were not painted out as of January of 42. have a good one .

Blondi:cost1:

p.s I don't supose you would want to modify someones Hudson skin with the correct lettering and red center for 24 squadron would you?:d