PDA

View Full Version : Pictures requested; Thorp registration "N455DT" at the EAA Airventure Museum

OleBoy
May 27th, 2011, 12:58
I am wanting to bring to everyone the repaint of the Thorp T-18, owned by Don Taylor, registration # N455DT. This aircraft resides in the EAA Airventure Museum.

http://www.airventuremuseum.org/virtual/interactive/innovations/thorp/

If anyone has any pictures, please share. I would love to do this repaint so that I can give Mr. Taylor recognition in our world of virtual flight.

I have sent the EAA Airventure Museum a formal letter of request. I am keeping fingers crossed for a return response in hopes I can make this happen. If this can happen it will be a great way to further the recognition of the Thorp, but also the man who designed it. And, flew this particular Thorp around the world.

If at all possible, for a little while and a personal request of the admin, please consider making this request a "sticky" so all the members have a chance to see it.

Roger
May 27th, 2011, 13:06
I'd love to see this repaint...looks a little complicated but I'm sure you can do it!

OleBoy
May 27th, 2011, 14:19
Thanks for the sticky, Roger :applause:

OleBoy
May 27th, 2011, 17:25
YAY!!!!!!!

I just got some most excellent news from the EAA Airventure Museum!! :jump:
Photos I am needing will be taken via special photo shoot for all areas representing the aircraft and sponsors there-on.

N2056
May 27th, 2011, 17:34
That is very good news. EAA folks are like that...always willing to help out. :applause:

OleBoy
May 27th, 2011, 17:41
I got a little surprise for you, Robert. I'll fill you in on Teamspeak :mixedsmi:

glennc
May 27th, 2011, 17:41
Very cool and not really a surprise. I was there about a month ago. I went thru the photos I have - almost everything, but that aircraft isn't one of them - darn! It's probably in the background someplace where it wouldn't be usefull.

I joined EAA while I was there. It's not a surprise that they are so helpful. The staff, and volunteers, that was there on the two days I visited are really wonderful.

Every major street in Oshkosh is under construction.

Glenn

OleBoy
May 27th, 2011, 17:48
Here is a snippet from the email I received.

I worked at Microsoft on the Flight Simulator team for about 10 years before coming to EAA, and helped arrange a lot of photo shoots for the models we did in house, among other things. Anyway, I’m not sure what we have on hand, so I’ll have to look at that early next week, but I’m more than happy to work with our in-house photographers and get additional photos as needed.

I’ll be very glad to see these textures posted for download on Sim Outhouse – always one of my favorite add-on sites!