PDA

View Full Version : "2 US Judges Plead guilty to selling children to private prisons"

wiltzei
May 26th, 2011, 01:04
Very nice...

http://thewatchtowers.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=970

stansdds
May 26th, 2011, 02:43
Ugh! It is disheartening when we find members of the bench to be corrupt. I hope these two judges enjoy their sentences, which I think are too light. I hope those who were bribing the judges will also be brought to justice.

Bushpounder
May 26th, 2011, 02:51
These two should be dancing at the end of a rope. Plain and simple.

Don

argo147
May 26th, 2011, 08:12
I remember hearing about this, it's downright disgusting. One girl got sent there for posting a diatribe on myspace about one of her teachers and spent months there. I hope that the owners/administrators of that place get the book thrown at them as well.

Willy
May 26th, 2011, 11:14
I'm thinking at the least they should get very long prison sentences in general population. Let the inmates take care of them.

N2056
May 26th, 2011, 15:25
I'm thinking that the sentence won't have to be very long...

Lionheart
May 26th, 2011, 17:06
Pathetic. When its the judicial system doing this to our people, I think the penalty should be double...

n4gix
May 26th, 2011, 17:30
Pathetic. When its the judicial system doing this to our people, I think the penalty should be double...

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"Who watches the watchmen?" or sometimes translated as "Who will guard the guards?"

Years ago, being a judge or lawyer was noble and honorable profession. These days it's more like a license to be naughty, as if mother weren't watching!

SpitXIV
May 26th, 2011, 18:32
Thankfully It'll be awhile before they can take their bar exams again. glad the judges
were caught.

HouseHobbit
May 27th, 2011, 03:21
This is truly heartbreaking, and I have noticed NONE of the major news sources here have aired anything about this to the public..

I am truly shocked that this hasn't been played to the public here more..

maybe the truth of how corrupt some of the "Honored" men are , is too much for CBS, Fox ABC or NBC to touch..

Truly shocking that many have suffered so a few could get Richer..

May Our Lord have mercy to those that have been badly harmed by these Terrible men actions..
makes me wonder how many more of these dishonorable men are judges..

AndyG43
May 27th, 2011, 03:46
This is truly heartbreaking, and I have noticed NONE of the major news sources here have aired anything about this to the public..

I am truly shocked that this hasn't been played to the public here more..

Similar issues here in the UK Mr Hobbit, although it relates to the action of some of our police, rather than the judiciary - thankfully our judges are not subjected to the same temptations, and hopefully are a more honorable group.

we do have one major newspaper here, The Guardian, which many use as a byword for wishy washy weak liberalism; as a wishy washy weak liberal, I'm ok with that!! It is entirely down to this newspaper that the killing of the newspaper seller Ian Tomlinson, during the G20 protests in 2009, has been exposed as unlawful (and the policeman in question now rightfully faces prosecution); that other newspapers had been illegally hacking peoples telephones & that the police investigation had been, at best incompetent (I strongly suspect more will appear on this story, involving the passing of brown envelopes); that the police tactics towards peaceful demonstrators has been disproportionate and illegal; and that they have hidden & falsified evidence in many cases.

Initially the mainstream guys would not touch this (apart from the BBC, bless 'em); certainly Sky & News International (implicated in the hacking scandal) stayed curiously quiet. Oh wait, isn't there a connection between them and Fox ........ :kilroy:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Thankfully there are people out there who are still prepared to do so, and ensure our democratic rights are not eroded further.