PDA

View Full Version : A2A Accusim Feature: Is It Really Worth It?

Walter
May 24th, 2011, 16:57
Is the A2A Accusim Feature worth the extra 30 bucks? It makes the cost of the aircraft almost double...

What's your opinion?

Walter :mixedsmi:

Edit: I guess that seems kinda negative... oops! It wasn't meant to be that way, just a simple question....

Roadburner440
May 24th, 2011, 17:11
I say Accu-sim is worth every penny!! Completely changes the way you handle the bird from takeoff to landing. I enjoy having to monitor oil levels, hydraulic fluid, and my engine life. Now if you like flying with unlimited fuel, and walking away from the PC Accu-sim may not be for you.. Granted the B-17, and Pip Cub are pretty easy going.. Then of course the P-47, B377, and Spitfire are a bit harder as their operating margins are a lot slimmer than the B-17 and Piper..

Ian Warren
May 24th, 2011, 17:12
Without a D,out Brussel Sprout , I don,t Leave home without it .... Now that was a silly question to ask :kilroy: First the 377 , only one i don,t have is Hiedi and her Cub , the rest are wicked :salute:

LouP
May 24th, 2011, 17:14
When it works, definately yes. I have had the P47 for about a week now and have flown it very little as it causes a blue screen crash evertime I try and use it. That being said, the Cub does not cause me any issues and is a blast to fly and flying the P47 is awesome right up to the moment my PC shuts down. I am still trying to work out the issue with the P47 but I feel like I am on my own with this one as I can't seem to get very much assistance anywhere. I e-mailed A2A and got a canned response but I tried their suggestions anyway. I sent an e-mail back telling them that my problem has persisted but have not heard back. :isadizzy:

So while accusim is a great idea and is fun when it works, just be aware that you may have issues with it as I get the sense that I am not alone with the problem I having. :gameoff:

LouP

Cirrus N210MS
May 24th, 2011, 17:37
that is a must for A2A planes i just picked up a copy of the B377 yesterday its so nice you gotta get both packs if you get P-47 B-17 Spitfire or B377 and piper cub it makes it the best you can get Worth Every Bit it Costs

:salute:

bNCxMcmuK9w
hB59-CPz5Hw
_P-7e3RN5_Q

robert41
May 24th, 2011, 17:40
If you want a realistic, by the book flight, then yes. Worth the extra money.
My first addon for FSX was the B17 accusim, maybe was a mistake. Now I find it hard to fly non accusim planes.

Cirrus N210MS
May 24th, 2011, 17:43
nsPjn1L0elw

txnetcop
May 24th, 2011, 18:31
ACCUSIM IS THE GREATEST THING I HAVE EVER, EVER SEEN in a flight simulator!!!!

pilottj
May 24th, 2011, 18:35
If you buy an A2A aircraft, Accusim is quite worth it, it really adds a dynamic to the FS experience, with the engine modelling and flight dynamics. Engine wear and tear over time is a great feature. I think you have to ask yourself what type of flying do you do? For me Accusim is most noticeable at the edges of the flightsim envelope. Stalls, aerobatics, flying outside of published limitations, poor power usage...etc. If you do a lot of short point A-B flights well within the flight envelope and recommended engine settings, it wont be quite as noticeable. But regardless it does teach you good situational awareness in the airplane.

Cheers
TJ

PRB
May 24th, 2011, 18:36
I never bought it, but I do have the P-47 and the B-377. You can burn the engines up through miss-handling on both those planes without accu-sim installed, so I figure I don't need no accu-sim to blow up my engines. I'm very talented that way! :icon_lol:

JAllen
May 24th, 2011, 20:39
OH H#$% YES!!!!!

Timbohobo
May 24th, 2011, 21:46
Yes of course.

GypsyBaron
May 24th, 2011, 23:41
When it works, definately yes. I have had the P47 for about a week now and have flown it very little as it causes a blue screen crash evertime I try and use it.
-SNIP-
I e-mailed A2A and got a canned response but I tried their suggestions anyway. I sent an e-mail back telling them that my problem has persisted but have not heard back. :isadizzy:

So while accusim is a great idea and is fun when it works, just be aware that you may have issues with it as I get the sense that I am not alone with the problem I having. :gameoff:

LouP

I would post your issues in the A2A P-47 forum. That way others
that may have had problems and solved them might be able to
help you. Also, if your problem gets solved, others reading the
forum will get the information.

It may be the texture size causing an issue for you. AIR, I had
some BSOD's on one of the A2A Accu-sim aircraft until I reduced
the size of the textures. I don't recall the exact details but I
would give that a try. Particularly the ones that are 16K in size.

Those sorts of problems can be very system-specific and be a
devil track down.

Paul

Daube
May 25th, 2011, 01:01
Is the A2A Accusim Feature worth the extra 30 bucks? It makes the cost of the aircraft almost double...

What's your opinion?

As you have probably already seen in the previous answers, YES, Accusim is worth every penny. It brings a totally new level of immersion in the game. With normal non-accusim planes (excepted the newest one from aerosoft), once you flight is over it's over, next flight you'll get a totally new plane, out of the factory. With Accusim, you get the plane you left on the parking last time, with the damage or wear YOU have caused last time. It makes it much more interesting and challenging, suddently you want to fly your plane much more carefully.

Edit: I guess that seems kinda negative... oops! It wasn't meant to be that way, just a simple question....
Happens very frequently, don't worry about that :)

Francois
May 25th, 2011, 01:06

What's your opinion?

Haven't read all the other answers..... I was afraid of getting biased.

The short answer is: Total Waste of Money...... for 98% of all flightsimmers.

But a great addition for the super hard core 'simulation pilot' who wants his aircraft to behave as close as the real thing and just can't scrape that last $ 40.000 together to get that second hand - sorry, pre-owned - Cub that he really wants. :icon_lol:

falcon409
May 25th, 2011, 03:47

But a great addition for the super hard core 'simulation pilot' who wants his aircraft to behave as close as the real thing and just can't scrape that last $ 40.000 together to get that second hand - sorry, pre-owned - Cub that he really wants. :icon_lol:
Ya beat me to it there Francois. I see Accusim has a lot of fans from the posts above, but as you said, it's great if you are a hard-core simmer who wants system intensive simming, but for those who want to jump into an airplane and just fly for the enjoyment factor, I think it's more than those folks need. I have the non-Accusim versions of several of their airplanes and enjoy flying them on a regular basis, but I don't miss having the Accusim version in the least.:salute:

Daube
May 25th, 2011, 04:05
Accusim is not only about deep system simulation. It's mainly about having an aircraft that gets old depending on how you fly it every day. Immersion.

Erlk0enig
May 25th, 2011, 04:50
Totally agree with Daube. No more "flying textures" any more. I really find it hard to fly just one of my Non-accusim aircraft, so this is the only downside of it :icon_lol:

It becomes a "Simulation" at last. With a minimum of manual-studying, every simmer should be able to take off in an accusim-aircraft, and "just fly". If you want to be careless, you still can do this, but the consequences lurk everwhere...

Daube
May 25th, 2011, 05:46
Indeed. And if we take the example of the Spitfire, it's an aircraft that can be started in less than a minute. Fuel ON, magnetos ON, some primer shots and the engine is ready to go.

Last time I was enjoying a quick start with the Spit when suddently a blue smoke reminded me that some days ago I pushed the throttle a bit too far in an emergency situation... (stupid montains :icon_lol: )... had to come back to the hangar to repair some of the pistons and the engine was ready again :)

Francois
May 25th, 2011, 05:59
Oui c'est vrai. True, Daube, and hence my statement earlier. 98% of the simmers out there will not fly often enough with any one plane to see it 'age'..... or have a clue of how it 'should' behave.

So yes, absolutely great system and effort.

And still wasted on most simmers in the big bad world out there. ;-)

CHBTheDoctor
May 25th, 2011, 06:10
To be a little more specific:
Francois is most certainly right with his answer as long as the B-377 and B-17 are considered, to a lesser degree also the P-47 and the Spitfire.

But I think even a beginner can use AND have fun with the accusimed Piper.

So, it depends.

Daube
May 25th, 2011, 07:10
Francois is right when he says that a lot of simmers are not that much "realism/immersion-hungry" and just want to jump in a plane and take it around. Happens to me too after all, and there are much more non-accusim planes in my hangar than accusim-ones (but all of my A2A planes are accusimed ;) ).

I'm not so pessimistic on the percentage of "die-hards" simmers, though. 2% of the community sounds a bit low, especially when you see the amount of discussions generated on several forums each time a new accusimed planes is released. Typically, the latest "Aircraft Factory" plane released by A2A didn't generate much noise on the forums.

But of course, we should also consider the fact that the various forums show only a part of the simmers...

mmann
May 25th, 2011, 07:19
I have the non-Accusim versions of several of their airplanes and enjoy flying them on a regular basis, but I don't miss having the Accusim version in the least.:salute:

Agree with you 100%. Accusim would be a PITA for the type of flying I do, as I am part of the 98%.

Regards, Mike Mann

Tim-HH
May 25th, 2011, 07:46

But a great addition for the super hard core 'simulation pilot' who wants his aircraft to behave as close as the real thing

If that would be the truth, companies like PMDG or Level-D wouldn't be so extremely successful with their high-end addons.

And yes, Accusim brings the FSX to a completely new level of enjoyment :applause:

Greetings
Tim

fleurdelys
May 25th, 2011, 07:48

I would tend to agree with the above and also TJ (also above) who resumed it quite well , I believe :

"I think you have to ask yourself what type of flying do you do? For me Accusim is most noticeable at the edges of the flightsim envelope. Stalls, aerobatics, flying outside of published limitations, poor power usage...etc. If you do a lot of short point A-B flights well within the flight envelope and recommended engine settings, it wont be quite as noticeable".

For myself, I do short hops and touch and go flying most of the time. I bought the Accusimmed B-17 and the Spitfire which I leave in my hangar until that time when I find the patience to read through the manuals from top to bottom and then try "again" to get the engines to work at least long enough for a short spin around the airport...

I guess those who really enjoy all the real stuff about checking the speed, the oil and what not are probably ex-pilots or would be real life pilots eventually... :kilroy:

All this being said, I think that the concept is right to start with and it all ends up being a question of choice...
If A2A ever get the Bf 109E redone and accusimed the way that the Spitfire was, will I buy it or just take the basic package... ?
The 109E being my all time favorite, I will definitely take the whole package as I'm probably more willing to spend some time understanding all of its intricacies... :icon_lol:

Sounds a bit crazy, I know, but it is my hobby time and feel free to invest it where and as I choose...:salute:

Fleurdelys

JAllen
May 25th, 2011, 07:56
OK Walter, there you have it. Depends on what kind of sim pilot you are doesn't it? Should your interest in simulation lie in 'as real as it can get' then yes. A2A spends a lot of time and energy to bring you as close as they can to being there. Should your total interest lie in visual models, scenery, and navigation and just jumping in and joy riding, then in no way is Accusim for you.

I have all the Accusim models and fly all of them. But, I also like a lot of joy riding too, in an L39, P38, A10, F8f, V35 . . .

The fun of flight sim is doing what your heart desires. Jim

Kiwikat
May 25th, 2011, 08:02
If that would be the truth, companies like PMDG or Level-D wouldn't be so extremely successful with their high-end addons.

That isn't "the whole truth" either though.

PMDG and Level-D make airliner addons. They sell far more than warbirds by default. It's all about the subject material. :wavey:

Thankfully there are developers that do make the less popular models. SOH would be pretty boring without them. :mixedsmi:

pilottj
May 25th, 2011, 08:54
There are those here, including myself who have had real world training have spent lots of $$$$ or were lucky to have the military spend $$$$ to teach us that pushing an airplane beyond it's limits will result in bad consequences. Because aircraft are so expensive for the owner/company/taxpayer , proper aircraft care is somthing that would/should be instinctive for any pilot with a reasonable amount of training.

Accusim leads the way in bringing that reality to flightsim and brings that reality to those who have not had real world experience of learning this first hand. Accusim is a great teacher for those finer points of airmanshiip. Now, does this mean that other FS planes are unrealistic? Of course not. Aerosoft, PMDG, Orbx, Realair, Lotus, Lionheart, Dodosim...etc all make fantastic aircraft too, with many of them simulating 'damage over time' too.

Matter of fact I think Accusim enhances the experience of other FS planes, if you apply the methods you learn from an Accusim bird, and apply them to another airplane, you will inherently be more immersed :)

How many of you do an engine runup in flightsim? A runup is probably the most important 'test' of an piston airplane other than the preflight. In the realworld, I would never ever takeoff without having first done a proper runup. In flightsim most planes will always have the same result during a runup and thus flightsim pilots will see no reason to do it. Accusim will teach you otherwise :)

Tim-HH
May 25th, 2011, 08:57
PMDG and Level-D make airliner addons. They sell far more than warbirds by default.

Of course, but that's not the point. If only 2% of all flightsimmers would care about correct systems and flightdynamics, I would expect that companies like CLS or CaptainSim - who are focused on eye-candy and simple systems - would sell more copies than PMDG. But that's not the case. And that is why I don't think that Francois statement is true :mixedsmi:

Greetings
Tim

Rockitglider
May 25th, 2011, 09:53
Hello,

I disagree with Francos as well, and give a +1 to Accusim. I think that 98% is an opinion rather than an actual statistic, how did you come up with that number BTW I'd be interested to know, sounds way too high to me, and Accusim is much more than it is being described here, it makes each plane dynamic as well as modelling the planes systems, to me that's a big deal. My 2 pennies,

Rockitglider :salute:

mmann
May 25th, 2011, 10:16
I think that probably closer to 99% of flight simulation users would have no need for Accusim (if they even knew it existed). The majority of flight simulation owners, that I am personally familiar with, have never bought a single addon and have never been to any of the online sites that cater to simmers. They bought the program, played around with it for awhile, and then got bored and moved on to the next game.

Regards, Mike Mann

Roadburner440
May 25th, 2011, 10:30
I used to be one of those people that bought the program and got bored with it. FSX is the first program though that I ever found out about the third party programs. If I would have known about them before I would have been buying add-ons. It is unfortunate that I got into it so late. I will agree though like I said in my original post that Accu-sim is not for everyone, but it is a great tool for people who would like to learn more about flying/and basic aircraft maintenance for daily flight. Which is why everyone must evaluate what they want to get out of the simulator. Even if you fly by the numbers though you still make mistakes. I know I do. Not to mention you can set the overhaul intervals to various pre-selected times for those that do not have the time to take the B-17 through the full 1000 hour cycle. It is nice though to have birds without Accu-sim, and if I wish to take any of the birds up and push them beyond the limits you can turn Accu-sim off from within the simulator and then turn it back on when your done. Plenty of videos on Youtube though, and can always go visit the A2A forums to research and see if it is something you are interested in. I personally think the market for realistic add-ons is a little bigger than 2%. Cause I do flight simulation cause I cannot afford to do it in real life, and my eye sight would preclude me from flying the aircraft I wish to fly anyway.. So for me the realism aspect is pretty important, and I think there are quite a number of people in the same boat as me for various reasons.

falcon409
May 25th, 2011, 10:33
I think that probably closer to 99% of flight simulation users would have no need for Accusim (if they even knew it existed). The majority of flight simulation owners, that I am personally familiar with, have never bought a single addon and have never been to any of the online sites that cater to simmers. They bought the program, played around with it for awhile, and then got bored and moved on to the next game.

Regards, Mike Mann
Wow, I've already posted my thoughts on Accusim, so I won't belabor that point, but Mike, There are folks in this Forum from all over the world that on a daily basis show their interest and continuing fascination with what FSX brings to them. It would appear that possibly 99% of the Flight Simulator users "you know" have no need for Accusim, have never bought an addon, have never gone to other sites catering to simmers and bought it. . . .played with it. . . .got bored and moved on. But to make a statement suggesting that 99% of all flight sim users fall into that category. . . . . .nope sorry. . . .you mustn't pay much attention to what goes on here then, lol.

Walter
May 25th, 2011, 11:25
I'm the kind of simmer that wants the realism, without the massive price. I love that the engines and such can fail, but I can live without it. My opinion is that 60 bucks for a plane on a computer is quite a steep price. I too have gotten bored with FSX at times because nothing really happens on Free Flight for me. I want the challenge of random issues with the price that anybody could afford. For me, I don't have the money to spend on an accusimed plane. I don't think that I could justify spending that much on a flight sim plane, regardless of the realism.

Francois
May 25th, 2011, 11:29
Well, I've been in this hobby for more than 35 years now, and doing it for a (partial) living for over 15 years now. I consider myself being interested in reality in the sim.... but also have a chronical lack of time most of the time (that's what happens if you make your hobby your work), so I wouldn't have time for Accusim. Like I don't have time for VA's Clubs, Air Hauler and most of our own projects.
Based on previous experience and knowing users and developers all over this world, I stick to my 98%. Large part of that 98^are serious simmers..... but not so serious that they 'need', or have time for, accusim.

Again, it is a great product, like many others too for a niche market within a niche market. Now, if we'd have an FBO Simulator........ hey, there's a thought !

Roadburner440
May 25th, 2011, 12:19
An FBO simulator would be excellent!! One can only hope I guess. I guess that is kind of what the AES sort of is?

Spikehughes
May 25th, 2011, 12:54
Accusim is a great enhancer to the flying experience. Having stated that, I find the unbundling of accusim and selling it as a separate product is to me, just a marketing ploy.

Have you flown Sibwings Safir or Bird Dog or any Real Air aircraft?

Look, don't get me wrong here, I think the Piper Cub I bought from A2A is fantastic - but at the time of purchase I wondered why it was necessary to purchase the Accusim enhancement as a separate product. It really drives up the price when unbundled and frankly knowing this I went ahead and purchased it anyway just to see. Well it is great and enhances the flying experience, but is it really worth a whole other payware plane? Real world Pricing is the issue here.

Now days I tend to fly the Bird dog a lot- which does a damn fine job and brilliantly simulates the shakes, rattles, stalls and wind sounds, similar to the Piper cub and is included in the price. And before any A2A member says it is not the full simulator "add-on" such as Accusim - well perhaps it isn't, but it does it for me and it is at an affordable price.

Spike

Mathias
May 25th, 2011, 13:05
Well, I've been in this hobby for more than 35 years now, and doing it for a (partial) living for over 15 years now. I consider myself being interested in reality in the sim.... but also have a chronical lack of time most of the time (that's what happens if you make your hobby your work), so I wouldn't have time for Accusim. Like I don't have time for VA's Clubs, Air Hauler and most of our own projects.
Based on previous experience and knowing users and developers all over this world, I stick to my 98%. Large part of that 98^are serious simmers..... but not so serious that they 'need', or have time for, accusim.

Again, it is a great product, like many others too for a niche market within a niche market. Now, if we'd have an FBO Simulator........ hey, there's a thought !

I would have to agree with that statement, give or take a few percent.
We released our first FSX project without an off switch for the realism features initially.
Most favorite support question was: "How can I switch it off?", and that came from arm chair pilots and real pilots alike.

pilottj
May 25th, 2011, 14:38
I would agree that the vast majority of simmers are somewhere in the middle. There are fringes on each side, those who just play the basic FS game with just a basic joystick, have no knowelege of addons or the FS community. The other fringe is the ultra hard core 'realisim' home cockpit builder...with the money they sink into the hobby they could afford a PPL. Accusim is a very innovative frontier for FSX with many possibilities. However I do not think it is the 'deal breaker'. You all do realize that as a certified pilot, unless you are also an A&P, you are only allowed to do basic maintainence...ie add oil, add air to the tires...etc. You are not allowed to overhaul an engine...this is 'realisim' from the pilot's standpoint. I don't think anyone is not going to buy Mathias's beautiful upcomming Me-108 because they can't replace worn cylinders :mixedsmi:

jetstreamsky
May 25th, 2011, 14:51
What I think would be more interesting, is of those who bought the Accusim addon how many don't use it and just fly the basic package.

For my part, I have the B-377 but found it too difficult due to multi crew requirements, but as a simple model it doesn't keep my attention so never gets flown.

I have the P-47, love the accusim features especially the flap failure modes, but find the flying characteristics a little boring, so only gets a rare flight.

I have the Cub, but its just toooo slow, nothing to do with accusim which works fine, I prefer other STOL machines all non accusimmed, more power and more speed (well slightly anyway).

and the Spitfire, WOW what a great model, superb flying characteristics, systems modelling and wonderful sound. Keeping things cool enough and doing aeros, cross country and circuits is very engaging, so much so that the later mark and equally superbly modelled Realair Spitfire, doesn't get out of the hangar anymore.

Those who say accusim is a waste of time, yet have never actually tried it, don't know what they are missing and perhaps would find that simple blatting around the sky without a care isn't as absorbing as they think. On the other hand too much systems management and not enough 'flying' can ruin the experience too.

To sum up, definitely worth getting for the aircraft type you truly enjoy, but for other aircraft types, it may be just too constraining.

Phantom88
May 25th, 2011, 15:08
I think Accusim is well worth the extra $$.When I look in my Hangar at all the payware aircraft I've only used 3 or 4 times and got bored or frustrated with because things don't work right or are modeled very poorly...

..Then in actuality Accusim is very cheap for me because I get so much enjoyment and immersion from it.

One of my favorite things to do in FSX is take-off from Orbx PNW Darrington Municiple Airport in The A2A Accu-Simmed Spitfire MkII with a few bad cylinders.

I love to lean my head out the side of the aircraft and see that white/blueish smoke bellowing from the exhaust!! I can almost smell the burning oil as the Big V-12 Merlin sputters and kicks done the runway!!!:jump:

For me, A2A Accu-sim Aircraft= Priceless!!

Walter
May 25th, 2011, 17:56
So it's worth the extra money if you are a "by the book" simmer? I'm not a real pilot, but I have taken one lesson. Does that mean that I won't be able to handle the accusim pack? The instructor said that I was a good potential pilot, but I'm horrible at flying on the sim. (Full throttle and pray that I don't crash :icon_lol:.) I am interested in buying the P-47, but it seems that my throttle settings just might be dangerous....

Walter :jump:

Cirrus N210MS
May 25th, 2011, 18:25
the P-47 is the hard one to fly the other A2A planes are much more friendly:salute:

i flow the A2A P-47 from ksfo to ksea and it kept me on top of the plane the full flight

was so tired after i didnt fly it on flights just around the airport lol:salute:

falcon409
May 25th, 2011, 19:17
So it's worth the extra money if you are a "by the book" simmer? I'm not a real pilot, but I have taken one lesson. Does that mean that I won't be able to handle the accusim pack? The instructor said that I was a good potential pilot, but I'm horrible at flying on the sim. (Full throttle and pray that I don't crash :icon_lol:.) I am interested in buying the P-47, but it seems that my throttle settings just might be dangerous....

No, it doesn't mean you won't be able to handle it, it just means that the "potential pilot" your instructor spoke of, will have to do his homework and learn how to fly by the book. I'm surprised that you say you're horrible in the sim. . . .the instructor saw something that told him you had possibilities (or he just wanted you to spend your money on instructions, lol).

Daube
May 26th, 2011, 00:57

Not "by the book" simmer. Just the simmer.
The user that just wants to push full throttle in any plane hoping not to crash is not really a simmer, it's a gamer, someone who could appreciate one of those plane games on Playstation or XBox.

I don't fly "by the book", I have no idea about the engine parameters that should be set for optimal cruise flight or climb or takeoff or anything like that. But I do know that my plane can be damaged, and I should be carefull about it, and that makes my flights MUCH more interesting.

Jumping into a plane, getting the engine on and pushing the throttle all to the max to make any kind of manoevers without caring, that's funny for three minutes, then it gets boring.

Daube
May 26th, 2011, 01:00
the P-47 is the hard one to fly the other A2A planes are much more friendly:salute:

i flow the A2A P-47 from ksfo to ksea and it kept me on top of the plane the full flight

was so tired after i didnt fly it on flights just around the airport lol:salute:

The P-47 ?
I don't think it's the "hard" one. Sure you have to monitor the temperatures during climbs, but that's pretty much all. The rest of the flight consists mainly about keeping the manifold pressure in the green zone. In fact the P-47 is the Accusim plane I fly the most, even more than the Spit.
The B-377 is THE nightmare you were talking about ;)

Walter
May 26th, 2011, 10:49
Maybe I should explain a little...:p:

I generally don't have a lot of time to fly, so I don't try to fly as if I were in a real plane. When I was in the real plane, I flew very responsibly. I understand the dangers.

I'm trying to learn how to make realistic flights on the flight sim. It's not that I don't care about simming, just that I don't really have the time. By the way, I agree that the full throttle method does get boring after a couple of minutes. :mixedsmi:

FLighT01
May 26th, 2011, 10:55
It's worth every cent. And if your not in the mood to make it "as real as it gets"(!) Shift 2 and 1 click of the mouse turns it off and on. Just my opinion (A2A J3, P-47, and B-17, all Accu-simmed).

Railrunner130
May 26th, 2011, 12:23
I'd have to agree with the sediment previously stated about lack of time. I'd much rather spend my time practicing approaches than worrying if I hit the right switch to initiate the proper start sequence. I respect the realism and wholeheartedly support that, but unfortunately, time is not a luxury I possess.

JIMJAM
May 26th, 2011, 13:28
I am kinda torn on accusim also. I never cold and dark any plane. Did so in real life and to me is more of a chore than entertainment. I want immersion but not to the point of being tedious. Even with trackir I wanna puke and get frustrated yoyoing in and out trying to find a small dial while I flying plane right into the ground.
Its kinda like buying the car with the t-tops knowing that you will rarely use them but it gets you the upgraded radio,leather seats and custom paint. I want the crew interaction, additional sounds and effects and is my major draw to paying extra for accusim.

Kiwikat
May 26th, 2011, 14:57
I think most of you guys are blowing the extra time it takes out of proportion, especially considering they have an auto-start option. It isn't like you're spending a half hour trying to get these things started like you might when setting up a flight in the MD-11.

Starting the spitfire properly takes a minute at most? Starting the P-47 maybe a few at most? The B-17 takes longer because there's 4 engines, but then you could just use the auto-start feature if you're short on time. The Cub doesn't take long either. I don't know about the 377 because I don't have Accusim for it.

JIMJAM
May 26th, 2011, 18:13
Buy DCS A-10 if you are a systems junkie. The Blackshark was bad enough and in russian but the A-10 is pretty brutal. Its like the early Nemeth Russian Hind X10. All these planes from the Cub to the 747 need electrical and fuel. Just the number of steps needed to get each sytem up and running. I enjoyed the A-10 at first but now getting bogged down in the weapons delivery systems. So much going on its a multitasker,systems,flow chart button pushing,dial dialing simmers heaven. All while being shot at.

Daube
May 27th, 2011, 00:54
I think most of you guys are blowing the extra time it takes out of proportion, especially considering they have an auto-start option. It isn't like you're spending a half hour trying to get these things started like you might when setting up a flight in the MD-11.

Starting the spitfire properly takes a minute at most? Starting the P-47 maybe a few at most? The B-17 takes longer because there's 4 engines, but then you could just use the auto-start feature if you're short on time. The Cub doesn't take long either. I don't know about the 377 because I don't have Accusim for it.

The 377 takes a similar time to start than the B-17. And yes, there is an auto-start function. And Accusim can be deactivated with just ONE click, for when you don't want to fly realistically :)

flaminghotsauce
May 27th, 2011, 03:43
I am totally intrigued by the accusim business. I don't own any A2A aircraft, but the Cub is the only one I'm even interested in and not that much. I don't like the cub. It's too slow as mentioned above. In real life, I've only flown a 172 but I'd like to move up to the 180 knot range aircraft types.

I am very interested if I could buy the accusim model and apply it to another aircraft of my choice. Even a 182 for travelling would be quicker than the 172, or the Cub especially.

Cirrus N210MS
May 27th, 2011, 07:46
true the cub is super slow though alot o fun still with that passanger its fun to do aerobatics with it lol

:salute:

pilottj
May 27th, 2011, 10:29
I don't think accusim is particularly more difficult. Maybe even less difficult than learning to program an FMS, or remembering what all those acronyms in the VRS F-18 are for. All airplanes from a C-172 to a 747 usually have the same basic systems, hydraulic, electrical, pnuematic, fuel...etc, it is just a matter of complexity. With accusim you just need to pay attention to those systems a little more.

The 377 seemed really difficult at first but after a few flights, it isn't too bad if things are kept within tolerances.

Cheers
TJ

Blue
May 27th, 2011, 22:00
The 377 seemed really difficult at first but after a few flights, it isn't too bad if things are kept within tolerances.

This was my experience with the 377. The first half dozen or so flights kept me busy now everything is pretty smooth. Every so often it will catch me slipping but that is part of the enjoyment of the accusim system. It WILL catch you not paying attention. So it really keeps you focused.